John Bateman #268

I think he moves to #13 to replace Seyfarth.

Expectations vs reality- he's here for the player he is now, not what he was at Canberra.

Line speed, effort. He brings that. I think we just have to have him closer to the play. Sam Fainu was good enough & didn't tire. Play him in the 2nd row. Put Bateman in the middle.

I think there were plenty of us that questioned the value and length of his contract more so given that I don't think he has seen out a contract yet - but probably will persist with this one. I do like his aggression and actually can break a tackle, but plenty of liabilities in his game that a team like ours can't afford to accommodate.

I think he moves to #13 to replace Seyfarth.

Expectations vs reality- he's here for the player he is now, not what he was at Canberra.

Line speed, effort. He brings that. I think we just have to have him closer to the play. Sam Fainu was good enough & didn't tire. Play him in the 2nd row. Put Bateman in the middle.

Worth a try. Very interested to see Fainu on an edge.

For a bloke who loves to push and shove and give away penalties, never see him back it up with hard ball running or by hitting hard in defence.
More of a niggler V, hasn’t really got the physique to do either successfully. As a matter of fact I’m not quite sure what his strengths are ? Experience ? But he was voted vc so there must be something we’re missing.

He's too small to be playing on an edge I think.

He needs to be a ball-playing 13. Even then he's a bit small for that.

Back