Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure sounds flawed to me.
The initial 10 days with say, us, and the riff should be where the process starts and finishes.
If the riff can't meet the $$$, game over.
You know I'm right. ;)
Agree..definitely how I think it should be.. but clause d) at the expiry of the 10 days, the player may sign (or reject) the offer from the rival Club.
Which to me, he is back in open market if he likes a better sneaky offer elsewhere & riff is unchanged with theirs.
Hence i asked the question earlier, if dogs matches us on the side (within the 10 days) who would he pick.

Thats what i thought too, then read the rules again, my understanding is within that 10 days is within us & riff but the dogs for instance on the side can outbid us, JL likes, rejects us within the 10 days and is techinally back in the open market, then accepts Dogs offer, assuming trigerring another 10days.
It sounds like a Dogs Breakfast!
The agent gets the Tigers top bid, discloses our bid it to whoever is interested and askes can they top that offer?
Game on again. The new offer from whoever is taken back to the Tigers and says, can you top up your offer as you have been out bid. So back to the Tigers think tank, what will we do?
Game on again, orchestrated by the players managing agent. Hence Luai sits back and waits for as long as it takes.
Tigers left in limbo with their cap money and where to spend it. What a great system!
A Dutch auction at its best!
what
Thats what i thought too, then read the rules again, my understanding is within that 10 days is within us & riff but the dogs for instance on the side can outbid us, JL likes, rejects us within the 10 days and is techinally back in the open market, then accepts Dogs offer, assuming trigerring another 10days.

Outside looking in he’s either holding out for a bigger Dogs offer or we’re trying to negotiate an early release. I care about outcomes, and I trust we will start to see better ones now.

I can’t help think it’s a marketing thing - apparently the membership / merch got a real shot in the arm with the recent changes, and maybe they waiting for the dust to settle on all that before giving it another…

I’ve not had too much time to worry about it, but listening to the new CEO on the beetoota podcast - the tense and phrasing in the way he spoke of Luai lead me to think it’s done… was talking on what he will do for the club - not what he would do. (Have also heard the Panthers CEO mention his new deal in past tense)

Could be the sales pitch - he’s been around longer than me, could he waiting to get his feet under the desk - could be holding out, could be no deal signed - I think the dogs are a real threat for obvious reasons… and maybe they’ll switch it up at the death… but I’m somewhere between 70/30 and 60/40 on it.

Agree..definitely how I think it should be.. but clause d) at the expiry of the 10 days, the player may sign (or reject) the offer from the rival Club.
Which to me, he is back in open market if he likes a better sneaky offer elsewhere & riff is unchanged with theirs.
Hence i asked the question earlier, if dogs matches us on the side (within the 10 days) who would he pick.
Yes, absolutely crazy.
It's a Claytons transfer process - you know, the transfer you have when it's not actually a transfer!

Yes, absolutely crazy.
It's a Claytons transfer process - you know, the transfer you have when it's not actually a transfer!
I don’t understand what NRL hoped to achieve from the 10 (14) day rule, other than formalising an offer to ensure the incumbent team is aware and reducing the paper chase of the NRL?

I can’t help think it’s a marketing thing - apparently the membership / merch got a real shot in the arm with the recent changes, and maybe they waiting for the dust to settle on all that before giving it another…

I’ve not had too much time to worry about it, but listening to the new CEO on the beetoota podcast - the tense and phrasing in the way he spoke of Luai lead me to think it’s done… was talking on what he will do for the club - not what he would do. (Have also heard the Panthers CEO mention his new deal in past tense)

Could be the sales pitch - he’s been around longer than me, could he waiting to get his feet under the desk - could be holding out, could be no deal signed - I think the dogs are a real threat for obvious reasons… and maybe they’ll switch it up at the death… but I’m somewhere between 70/30 and 60/40 on it.
This is what I believe will happen also. You don't just fart out a marque signing, you have a huge press conference and do it properly. Richardson will need to be 100% in the role and presentation, Penrith will need to be included out of respect. Would guess on early in the new year but wouldn't be shocked if he ends up with the Bulldogs, either way life goes on.

The agent gets the Tigers top bid, discloses our bid it to whoever is interested and askes can they top that offer?
Game on again. The new offer from whoever is taken back to the Tigers and says, can you top up your offer as you have been out bid. So back to the Tigers think tank, what will we do?
Game on again, orchestrated by the players managing agent. Hence Luai sits back and waits for as long as it takes.
Tigers left in limbo with their cap money and where to spend it. What a great system!
what
I would tell him to forget it and move on , not the sort of player u want , he agrees but doesn’t sign hoping to get more , he had his chances to explore his options, the rest is just a dog act

I would tell him to forget it and move on , not the sort of player u want , he agrees but doesn’t sign hoping to get more , he had his chances to explore his options, the rest is just a dog act
Where has this been confirmed out of interest?

what
No.
I think only the incumbent club is advised

65/35??

No where I am just putting my point of view out there , for me the 10 days is up he should in all good faith tell everyone what he is doing , I have no intell but something doesn’t smell right , he’s either got cold feet or another club is trying to get him , just my gut feeling

I think something to note regarding Luai not being announced is that no NRL club has announced any signing or re-signing since Christmas Eve.

Would expect to see some notice about what's happening in the coming week, once everyone's back from the holiday break.

I think something to note regarding Luai not being announced is that no NRL club has announced any signing or re-signing since Christmas Eve.

Would expect to see some notice about what's happening in the coming week, once everyone's back from the holiday break.
I'm still hoping for an announcement on Luai sometime this year.

Which other player announces a engagement and business deal before signing on with there next contact, man certainly does things his way…

It’s a new world

I miss the days of Andrew Leeds giving a hand shake commitment that he’ll play on for the next season

Plenty of WTs fans have seen the club snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in many facets including recruitment.
. Players slipping thru when the recruitment was meant to be done & dusted.
Seems to happen to us more than anywhere else though that's a guess
I perfectly understand some getting annoyed at members throwing handfuls of darts and moving goalposts on opinions.
Getting defensive on being called out for.posting inaccurate stuff is petty.
As I said many here have been disappointed from the club all too often for long enough... Someone adding to that disappointment will get criticism... The journos cop it week after week... If you wanna be a scoop I guess this is one of the occupational hazards that come with it.... You get kudos when correct and critiqued when not.
You wrote an essay as an application to be the inside information police lol. Why does anyone here deserve to cop it when their inside information isn’t correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back