Jacob Liddle - Mega Thread

Move as expected with Api joining, Simpkin still contracted for 2 years, Nu Brown likely retained on a base deal, Rua joining the top 30, Tannous impressing in Flegg and Da Silva eyed as the long term #9.

75 NRL games for Liddle since debuting in 2016.

Won’t ever forget him carrying an injury ravaged Holden Cup side on his shoulders in a semi final in NQ. Had near 200 running metres from dummy half.

Always a level above in 20s and NSW Cup as a runner.

Turning 27 next year and hope he can develop his passing game and have a good solid run of games without injury.

Ruptured ACL/PCL/LCL when he was set to take over from Farah really hurt his chances of securing the 9 at the club.

Great resilience to overcome injuries. GL, Jake
27? Wow.. Thought he was younger.

Most players I normally think the opposite.. Noffa for example - still in his 20’s wth. Feels like he’s been around forever. Many players like this.

Not to mention some players look 40 plus and then you find out they’re in their late twenties or something 😂

27? Wow.. Thought he was younger.

Most players I normally think the opposite.. Noffa for example - still in his 20’s wth. Feels like he’s been around forever. Many players like this.

Not to mention some players look 40 plus and then you find out they’re in their late twenties or something 😂
Jacob Liddle was described as a talented young player, well why are we letting him go, if he's that talented why can't he be talented for US, why is he let go to another club, what's wrong with US (WT's) !!!

Jacob Liddle was described as a talented young player, well why are we letting him go, if he's that talented why can't he be talented for US, why is he let go to another club, what's wrong with US (WT's) !!!
Because he cant stay on the field long enough to prove his talents....comes on and does some great things,gets injured and out for months....no value in that and the club has looked after him with his many injuries....time for change...

Because he cant stay on the field long enough to prove his talents....comes on and does some great things,gets injured and out for months....no value in that and the club has looked after him with his many injuries....time for change...
Been this way his entire career sadly...
Time for us to cut our losses and move on.

Hope he does well,
Hope the Tigers do even better 😉

Has he only signed for 23 with Saints. Seems odd. If he left for a multi year deal I’d understand. But I guess he feels there is more opportunity to play at the dragons and secure a longer deal with them or anyone else for that matter.

He’s either been very unlucky, or our management, resources and facilities are pathetic. Tbh I think it’s probably a bit of both.

He’s a good player, but unfortunately has never had an opportunity to gain fitness, refine his skills and develop a continuous role within the team due to injury.

We now also have/had too many hookers, but hopefully Sheens has pulled the right reign.. I don’t think Api will provide the desired impact for our club, and Simpkin still seems a way off in his development, if he even gets there.

Hopefully a few more follow him out the door
IMHO, in that group must be Nofoaluma, Seyfarth, Brooks and Twal in addition there is a group that is retired/signed with other clubs Madden, Roberts, Simpkins, Tamou, and Peachey.
We shall start with a clean slate, and start with props and 2nd rowers - no prisoners, aggressive players we did not signed for at least 6-7 years e.g. Ellis, Taupau, Aloiai, and N Brown!

He’s either been very unlucky, or our management, resources and facilities are pathetic.

I think he just doesn't have the talent to step up regularly in first grade. He has had plenty of opportunities. I don't see how our management has anything to do with his on field performances.

He’s either been very unlucky, or our management, resources and facilities are pathetic. Tbh I think it’s probably a bit of both.

He’s a good player, but unfortunately has never had an opportunity to gain fitness, refine his skills and develop a continuous role within the team due to injury.

We now also have/had too many hookers, but hopefully Sheens has pulled the right reign.. I don’t think Api will provide the desired impact for our club, and Simpkin still seems a way off in his development, if he even gets there.
Which hooker could? Impact or not, Api is close to being the best hooker in the comp. So it’s definitely a step up. He’s not on overs either (reportedly).

We all know he can’t win games on his own.

To me Liddle was the easiest back up to let go, simpkin can fill in (or develop) whilst the other young ones develop.

Would have used him differently and had him in the side all season if holding the reins. Wish him all the best and will pass a cursory eye over him next year at the Dragons.

Will not be surprised if he grabs the main hooker role over there.

I wish him the best, I feel he always tried with us but injuries really stuffed his progress.
I can also understand him leaving in the face of Api coming on board, but I wonder why he only signed a 1 year contract - the injury cloud must still be a concern.

I wish him the best, I feel he always tried with us but injuries really stuffed his progress.
I can also understand him leaving in the face of Api coming on board, but I wonder why he only signed a 1 year contract - the injury cloud must still be a concern.
There was rumours circling he failed his medical, wasn't there ?

And then it was announced...

Not sure what's going on there.

Good speed, low motor and puffed out, poor reader of the game. Had real moments of excitement and spark but particularly lacking in grit and guile. I'm glad he got an offer somewhere else and he always tried hard for us.

Back