Dean Collis / John Morris

Zaibatsu

When/If our season becomes "mathimatically" over in terms of finals football do you think we should persist with Dean Collis and John Morris in first grade?

Seeing as they are leaving the club at the end of this season, perhaps we could use their positions to give blokes like Ayshford more experience and blood players such as Robert Lui to add depth to our squad for next season.

I know it may be a little harsh on Dean & John, but overall I feel we have to do whats best for our club and if these guys aren't going to be with us next season then our best interests lie in giving our fringe players more experience…

Thoughts?

Do not blood any Toyota Cup players. They have a very good chance at Top 4 and we will be destroying their team chemistry. I would blood a BRET or Magpie player.

@Black Orange White said:
Do not blood any Toyota Cup players. They have a very good chance at Top 4 and we will be destroying their team chemistry. I would blood a BRET or Magpie player.

Well personally I believe that first grade comes before all else, with no exception.

I guess they could put the question to the player and give them the choice to continue in TC or make a first grade debut.

I bet they pick a FG debut.

@Zaibatsu said:
@Black Orange White said:

Well personally I believe that first grade comes before all else, with no exception.

I guess they could put the question to the player and give them the choice to continue in TC or make a first grade debut.

I bet they pick a FG debut.

Yeah but we want atleast a chance at 1 premiership this season. I understand your point but the TC team is good and we should let them stick together so they can make a run for the premiership.

There are quality players in BRET and the Magpies as well, Dunley, Gower etc.

I wouldn't be touching anyone from the 20's either. In Collis place I would either keep Ayshford in the centres or give Rhys Pritchard or Josh Davis a go and for Morris I'd like to see David Gower get a run.

I agree Z, Morris & Collis should not be playing if we have no chance of making the finals. However knowing Sheens they will be in the side until Round 26.

Hi everyone

I think the best team available should be the one to take the field, whether some players have signed elsewhere or not.

Whether or not the team can make the finals, I think we all want to see a win.

Imo unless they are definitely the best players in their respective positions they should not be picked in first grade.

Ayshford looks a decent prospect at centre so play him there and let Collis play in the lower grades. Morris has never been the best option in the halves so he shouldn't play there for the rest of the season. Maybe Morris can play bench utility but I'm not sure if there are better options in the lower grades.

If we get a bad run with injuries that position may change but atm I don't think they should be in first grade.

Happy to drop Morris for Galloway and leave Collis out.

Don't care if we are finals chance or not.

@tiger05 said:
Imo unless they are definitely the best players in their respective positions they should not be picked in first grade.

Ayshford looks a decent prospect at centre so play him there and let Collis play in the lower grades. Morris has never been the best option in the halves so he shouldn't play there for the rest of the season. Maybe Morris can play bench utility but I'm not sure if there are better options in the lower grades.

If we get a bad run with injuries that position may change but atm I don't think they should be in first grade.

I totally agree,Blake should stay where he is,and Morris should never have been allowed near the halves.

@tigergran said:
Hi everyone

I think the best team available should be the one to take the field, whether some players have signed elsewhere or not.

Whether or not the team can make the finals, I think we all want to see a win.

I echo your thoughts.

i think both should be there in round 26, just for their service to the club, morris hasnt missed a game, and collis has been in grade since 03, but from when we are out of contention we should blood some other players but i think both morris and collis deserve to play in the round 26 game atleast

in reality, first grade is not going to make the finals.
i dont see the point in placing much emphasis on the toyota cup team. the time now is to prepare for 2010 and beyond and the best way to do this is an (almost) rotational squad system. giving future players a taste lets them acclimatize quicker and they merge into regular and then good first team players.
manchester united have done this succesfully for years (disregarding signings) - look at how darren fletcher and john oshea were introduced. now they are good regulars. the same sort of nurturing was done when marshall and lawrence came in. and look how good lawrence is now!! :wink:

@anderson silva said:
i think both should be there in round 26, just for their service to the club, morris hasnt missed a game, and collis has been in grade since 03, but from when we are out of contention we should blood some other players but i think both morris and collis deserve to play in the round 26 game atleast

i appreciate your point, spider,
but i dont think collis should be included from now. morris, i can see, but collis can get his form back in the reggies imo…

@turnstyle said:
@anderson silva said:

i appreciate your point, spider,
but i dont think collis should be included from now. morris, i can see, but collis can get his form back in the reggies imo…

yeah true, im a bit of a sentimental guy, but ive been a big fan of collis, i think he has been given a rough time by supporters on here,

Ayshford > Collis

Collis is apart of the era when sheens first took over and i think its time for most those guys to all move on (except Farah of course )

I can feel a big 2010 if (and thats a big if) the coach can get his act together, so as far as im concerned, lets do whatever is best for us in the future. So that means drop Payne for Gower/Akeripa/Mataka, drop Morris, dont pick Collis, and it seems that they see Lui in the halves so why not throw him in now?

i am happy for sheens to pick the best 17 … i couldnt give a toss where they will be next year ....but if they are fit and playing well i want them in the team ....

Members online

Back