David Nofoaluma #164

He's a long way off SOO, but he's been absolutely immense the last 3-4 games.

His game style is highly suited to Origin. Dirty yards being his biggest strength as his is one-on-one defence (absolutely crunches opponents) but needs better reads. Probably doesn't present an attacking target in the air though which cuts down their try scoring options.

Still think they will play Hayne on the wing next year with Mansour on the other

Teddy
Hayne
Dugan
Jennings
Mansour
Moylan
Maloney

Love Nofo on current form but it's going to have to be a massive start to 2017 to overlook Morris, Mansour, Ferguson and even Hayne.
Defensively he mightn't be worth the risk (see Uate) but if he improves his defence and keeps this attacking form up I think he could snag a spot.

Throw Tom Trbojevic into the mix for NSW selection next year too, he's a weapon in attack and good in the air.

Another game for city next year, then who knows, but unlikely unless injury crisis to the blues.
He wouldn't let anyone down though and does have the game to suit origin. His best attribute by far is his runs out of our end.

bit like simona for NZ cant see it happening unless mass injuries
they both have the potential but lots of improvement needed

I think it's a bit premature. Nofo is a talent and can be a game breaker but, first of all he needs to dislodge the incumbent, who has done nothing wrong, and then he needs to develop more consistency. His form at the start of the season was average at best, especially in defense.

Put Nof in origin - Next to an origin quality defensive centre and he'll learn all he needs to know, And you'll soon find he's where he should be more often than not.
His biggest problem has been leadership and learning… He's basically been doing it on his own since he came into grade.

@Tigertigertiger said:
Still think they will play Hayne on the wing next year with Mansour on the other

Teddy
Hayne
Dugan
Jennings
Mansour
Moylan
Maloney

think hayne will play centre
t trobjevic will take the left wing off ferguson i'd say

He's been great in attack, but I've seen too many players like Uate, Grothe Jr, and Merritt get found out in Origin.

Back