Coffee

Again it’s probably my coff-snobbishness coming out but how do pods rate overall? I find them a little bland tbh.
I haven’t tried all the different varieties of pods but I don’t mind the Vittoria range, it’s always been a coffee I’ve enjoyed. Of course, they probably aren’t as good as the cafe roasted stuff. I was absolutely hooked on a roast called Toby’s Estate. My local cafe closed down over a year ago and it was literally the only place on the coast that used that brew. I can’t find it anywhere up here anymore. When I worked down on the north beaches, it was in just about every cafe.

Again it’s probably my coff-snobbishness coming out but how do pods rate overall? I find them a little bland tbh.
I had a Nespresso, used it for far longer than I should have because it was a gift. Its fair to say my preference would be instant coffee over pods, but nothing beats espresso with freshly roasted, freshly ground beans for that true coffee taste.

I have the Vittoria Espressotoria pod machine, just drinking an Italian blend right now. I’m a big fan of the Oro you’re having, but i absolutely love the one called Maragogype! Have you tried it? It’s pretty a rare bean apparently but I have found the pod version of it in my local Woolworths 👍
Never heard of Maragogype, thanks for mentioning it. It’s possibly not widely grown with growers looking for more beans to the bush?

All pods are weaker and less tasty than freshly ground beans made into an espresso. It's just not possible for them to compete!
Pods are convenient, quick easy and little mess, albeit they all must be recyclable in this day and age! But you can't go past freshly ground coffee if you really enjoy that black gold!

One MUST do BEFORE enjoying a coffee....Have a glass of cold water (plain or mineral). Standard practice is countries like Italy, necessary to cleanse the palate and get taste buds going...Give it a try.
Totally agree,

3 Terrible cups from 3 diff shops yesterday in the CBD.

Flat whites or a Mocha, Not that hard

Why are so many coffee shops stupid, The Pull weak Shots or overheat the milk.

The pods are quick and easy but that's all you can say about them compared to your choice of brand home ground coffee beans, made just the way you like it.
A bit of fiddlin around, but worth it Imo.

Back