Coffee

Coffee in Australia is among, if not, the best in the world.

American coffee is garbage.
The only thing that would come close is coffee in the Mediterranean. Would love to have a proper Turkish coffee in Istanbul or Astana
Turkey, Greece, Italy, Brazil and Australia. Top 5 places in the world I've had coffee. Huge coffee cultures.

Worst has been USA and Canada, absolute pigswill.

Hate coffee taste and smell ,I am in Java at the moment and makes me feel sick walking past their Rotte shops that have bread with coffee taste

Hate coffee taste and smell ,I am in Java at the moment and makes me feel sick walking past their Rotte shops that have bread with coffee taste
Yeah I’m not big on coffee.
I can see how it can be nice after a good meal but during the day, coffee drinkers annoy me a bit because they stink. It oozes out of them and it’s not a pleasant smell. Remember the old days when people would have a smoke with their coffee? Jesus their breath could kill a brown dog from 10 feet away….

Last edited:
Turkey, Greece, Italy, Brazil and Australia. Top 5 places in the world I've had coffee. Huge coffee cultures.

Worst has been USA and Canada, absolute pigswill.
I see you know your coffee well.

Another top coffee country is Ethiopia. If you find yourself in Addis and know where to go, you’ll have one of the great coffee experiences of your life.

I live in the US at the moment. There are a few places in each city where you can get a drinkable or good coffee, but you have to know where to go; it’s typically terrible across the board. The average Yank has no idea and the coffee culture is 30 years behind, if not more.

I see you know your coffee well.

Another top coffee country is Ethiopia. If you find yourself in Addis and know where to go, you’ll have one of the great coffee experiences of your life.

I live in the US at the moment. There are a few places in each city where you can get a drinkable or good coffee, but you have to know where to go; it’s typically terrible across the board. The average Yank has no idea and the coffee culture is 30 years behind, if not more.
I never tried coffee in Ethiopia, travelled around Ethiopia on the Lalibela trail in the 90s. Another one is actually Egypt, lived in Egypt for a time on the Sinai Coast. Not a place many think of coffee, but they do know how to roast a good bean.

Coffee in Australia is among, if not, the best in the world.

American coffee is garbage. The only thing that would come close is coffee in the Mediterranean. Would love to have a proper Turkish coffee in Istanbul or Astana
I was on holidays in Japan most of January. Very had to find a decent coffee. I think the American’s stuffed it for them by introducing drip filtered crap. I went to a ski town called Nozawa Onson. Someone (assume an Aussie) had set up Campos coffee cafe. The queue looked about 30 people deep each time i went past.

What kind of coffee beans are preferred? Any particular brand that you like more than others?
My wife likes the crema so I try to buy fresh roasted Columbia and have a fine grind.

Love my tea, have two boxes with all types. However, in the last couple of years, I have really taken a liking for coffee. I find you can get a great espresso at most coffee shops/cafes, but Merlo is the absolute best for cappuccino.It's delicious! Can't get enough of it.

Latest posts

Back