Apisai Koroisau #263

Scott Fulton didn’t know Api was going to re-sign.

Who had that on their NRL 360 negative spin bingo card?
What I loved was the attempted negative spin but Braith and Tallis kept interrupting to say that was a great signing and hooper agreed but still persisted with his negative slant.

I wonder who hooper is talking to? If it’s Fulton them I’m concerned.

Agree big time. Having Api at our club is similar to when Souths bought the forward from Canterbury - can't remember his name, but he was hard and showed the team what needed to be done to be competitive. At the time Souths were a basket case like us and he was the start of the turn around. It took a while, but it started with him. Wish I could remember his name, but he was a member of Canterbury's 2004 premiership team.
Yep big Roy. The similarity you draw is interesting, because Souths were struggling at the time. And our confidence was that low that when Api said he would come to Tigers and get a gf win, a lot of fans took umbrage 😂

Just watched the interview, replies short, crisp and to the point.
Three main points;
1. Talks cheap !
2. The boys can’t wait to rip in !
3. The hair colour is a punishment( although he didn’t say what for).
Definitely the right captain, imo.

So should we expect more players throughout the year to get the Slim Shady treatment?

Api & Benji are aligned they responded very similar short and direct. Talk is cheap etc.

like the way we are starting this year.
Api as good a signing as Ellis. We may not see the full benefit for a couple more seasons as we assemble a squad around him & Luai. Then hope some of these young ones fulfill the promise they've shown in juniors.

Api as good a signing as Ellis. We may not see the full benefit for a couple more seasons as we assemble a squad around him & Luai. Then hope some of these young ones fulfill the promise they've shown in juniors.
I think he’s our best signing in many years but I’ve been saying it’s not the best timing. I think he’ll be on the decline by the time we build a top eight level squad. Important recruitment period this next 12 months.

I think he’s our best signing in many years but I’ve been saying it’s not the best timing. I think he’ll be on the decline by the time we build a top eight level squad. Important recruitment period this next 12 months.
As long as he stays fit he’ll be fine. Even in the last season of his contract he will only be 33.

As long as he stays fit he’ll be fine. Even in the last season of his contract he will only be 33.
Not many players are playing their best footy that far over 30, with some obvious exceptions.

Maybe not, but I’m pretty confident he’ll still be a top 5 no 9. He won’t decline that much.
Hopefully, there’s also the need to bring TDS along if he’s as good as advertised.

Back