Alex Seyfarth #232

Every player finds a niche in the team Seyfarth's may be as an impact player from the bench. I have watched him from SG Ball and he was always going to be an NRL player with Suli, Papenhuyzen and Doueihi. He did not play well last week but is back to his best. Well done!

He's hot & cold.
Good game tonight.

I like him.
Think he can become something.
I'd like to see it happen for him.
Yes, amazing how he usually plays better off the bench.
Hope it continues but imo keep him as a sub.
Let’s hope that last night was not a “one hit wonder”, by the team, but rather a new beginning.
Only time will tell.

I’ve bagged Alex out before on hear and questioned why we re singed him , well he has trimmed down a bit which I thought was not the way to go but he looks fit , he is quick on his feet , defends well and was strong yesterday , il take some humble pie now

Did we only run two bench players today?? If so WOW!

Yeah we did. Middles did one heck of a job.
Very good coaching I feel as well managing the rotations based on the game feel rather than just using because.

Reactions: BZN
Credit where credits due, he’s been great for us since his shocker against Canberra.

Bringing impact off the bench.
Idk. I thought there were times today stifled the attack with his plodding runs. Good in defence though.

Noticed some aggro in him late last year we had never seen and was hopeful hed bring it to this season which he mainly has all bar one game, one of the trials I think
Maybe theyre all enjoying training more, the agressive attitude from the forwards is rubbing off on each other
I’ve been watching the game at all levels for a long long time and have never seen a youngish player be a regular standout in Reserve Grade/NSW Cup that cannot reproduce that form at NRL level given the opportunity.
Seyfarth could not have been more impressive for our NSW Cup team last season and brought that form to NRL when playing very well for us late last season.
Many people do not stop and think that many young players, particularly forwards do not have the confidence, self belief and maturity to fulfil their talent at a youngish age. Sure some are ready at 19 or 20, but others take an extra couple of years to maximise their talent.
Seyfarth is a prime example of this and I think we have a few others in our squad which will take a similar path.

Last two weeks he has been better but he can't have the huge gulf between performances in Rd 2 compared to Rds 3 and 4
I think him coming off the bench is his role. In rd 2 he didnt seem up to matching the bigger forwards who were completely fresh. Put him on a bit later and his aggression appears far more effective.

Reactions: BZN
He has saved his career in the past 2 weeks. After getting a huge opportunity to start the season at 13 he failed miserably. I feared that was it for him.

He was lucky to stay in the 17 but lucky for him Benji kept him. I guess this is his role now, come on and play super high energy. It's actually been quite an effective role. Usually that impact comes from a more powerful fast twitch type of guy, but Seyfarth is showing there is value in his type of work with fresh legs against tiring legs.

Twal is under pressure now really which hurts me to say. But Seyfarth, Samuela, Pole, Stef and Klem can all play big minutes, so while we are defending like this, a big motored defender like Twal isn't necessary.

Back