Alex Seyfarth #232

It was just a matter of time. The 5kg of muscle he has put on since COVID will also help

@TheDaBoss said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151797) said:
Big congrats to him, for earning a debut

Looking forward to his impact

Had him as the bolter for round 1 . Didn’t turn out that way , but I’m glad he’s there . Geez that pack is young !!!!

Really happy to see him debut. Been in the tigers system for a long time

Congrats Alex! Rip in lad

@willow said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151800) said:
It was just a matter of time. The 5kg of muscle he has put on since COVID will also help

Really ? He’s going to be a handfull

@Strongee said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151835) said:

Yes, very dedicated to his training and still growing. He must be around 110kg now or close to it and he's a lean gainer too. No fat on him.

Good on him. It's a good show of faith by Maguire, but also highlights the need for some changes after the Newcastle game. I'm sure a few others will be given an opportunity throughout the season given there is no reserve grade.

Every good team should have an aggressive red head 🔥look forward to watching him play 🌝

@willow said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151839) said:
@Strongee said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151835) said:

Yes, very dedicated to his training and still growing. He must be around 110kg now or close to it and he's a lean gainer too. No fat on him.

I watched the video of the announcement and thought “when he puts on a few kgs watch out “ turns out , I was late to the party . He was already a handful in the trials. He was my big bolter this year based on that.

I hope so, he looked like a skinny kid in the Team Announcement video

@Tiger5150 said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151844) said:

I think once he adapts to the rigours of FG he will become quite a handful. Throw Stefano and Blore into the mix next season and our pack starts to look quite formidable.

@willow said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151851) said:
@Tiger5150 said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151844) said:

I think once he adapts to the rigours of FG he will become quite a handful. Throw Stefano and Blore into the mix next season and our pack starts to look quite formidable.

Im very excited about the prospects of our pack in the future. Not a weak link IMO. It wasnt that long ago we accepted Jessy Sue as a starter

@WT2K said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151808) said:
Congrats Alex! Rip in lad

Good to see. Alex and Adam make it to the NRL with WTs. It is a shame. Suli and Papenhuyzen are with other clubs. Four players from one SG Ball side is a good effort for the Cub.

Big congrats to Alex, but from what I’ve seen of him so far, if he and Clarke is top17 we are in trouble with our forward stocks

![5280D7B6-3A5E-437F-A754-1EAB0B3BD7A4.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1590475622635-5280d7b6-3a5e-437f-a754-1eab0b3bd7a4.jpeg)

Wouldn’t be worried about Seyfarth being too small, that’s him on the far right.

Congrats Alex on your NRL debut with Wests Tigers #232..and to Harry Grant on your Club debut with us #231...

Alex Seyfarth to make NRL debut
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 26 May 2020, 03:58 PM
![2ed78e11-3f8e-4a11-8f84-947df990931c-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1590475803397-2ed78e11-3f8e-4a11-8f84-947df990931c-image.png)
Wests Tigers forward and local junior Alex Seyfarth will become Wests Tigers Player #232 this Saturday after he was named to make his first-grade debut in Round 3.

A Dundas Shamrocks junior, Seyfarth will join new recruit Harry Grant (Player #231) as the two new faces named by Coach Michael Maguire for this week’s clash against the Cronulla Sharks — listed to come off the bench in jersey 17.

A local junior of the club, Seyfarth began his Wests Tigers career as part of the Jersey Flegg squad in 2017 and 2018, with the quality young forward impressing in his second season to be named the club’s U/20’s Player of the Year.

He would also represent the New South Wales U/18’s later that year before being selected in the New South Wales U/20’s squad the following season after performing strongly for the club’s Canterbury Cup side.

Cutting an imposing figure at 194cm tall and 100kg, Seyfarth featured for Wests Tigers earlier this year as part of the 2020 Perth Nines and is one of five local juniors set to line up for the club this week against Cronulla.

Members online

Back