Alex Seyfarth #232

@willow said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151839) said:
@Strongee said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151835) said:
@willow said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151800) said:
It was just a matter of time. The 5kg of muscle he has put on since COVID will also help

Really ? He’s going to be a handfull

Yes, very dedicated to his training and still growing. He must be around 110kg now or close to it and he's a lean gainer too. No fat on him.

Hope he wasn’t training with Xerri during the shutdown!?

@Tiger_Steve said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151885) said:
@willow said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151839) said:
@Strongee said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151835) said:
@willow said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151800) said:
It was just a matter of time. The 5kg of muscle he has put on since COVID will also help

Really ? He’s going to be a handfull

Yes, very dedicated to his training and still growing. He must be around 110kg now or close to it and he's a lean gainer too. No fat on him.

Hope he wasn’t training with Xerri during the shutdown!?

No but did notice K Ponga in the film clip not sure how hold the clip was though

@TheDaBoss said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151882) said:
Alex Seyfarth to make NRL debut
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
Tue 26 May 2020, 03:58 PM
![2ed78e11-3f8e-4a11-8f84-947df990931c-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1590475803397-2ed78e11-3f8e-4a11-8f84-947df990931c-image.png)
Wests Tigers forward and local junior Alex Seyfarth will become Wests Tigers Player #232 this Saturday after he was named to make his first-grade debut in Round 3.

A Dundas Shamrocks junior, Seyfarth will join new recruit Harry Grant (Player #231) as the two new faces named by Coach Michael Maguire for this week’s clash against the Cronulla Sharks — listed to come off the bench in jersey 17.

A local junior of the club, Seyfarth began his Wests Tigers career as part of the Jersey Flegg squad in 2017 and 2018, with the quality young forward impressing in his second season to be named the club’s U/20’s Player of the Year.

He would also represent the New South Wales U/18’s later that year before being selected in the New South Wales U/20’s squad the following season after performing strongly for the club’s Canterbury Cup side.

Cutting an imposing figure at 194cm tall and 100kg, Seyfarth featured for Wests Tigers earlier this year as part of the 2020 Perth Nines and is one of five local juniors set to line up for the club this week against Cronulla.

Based on that pic @willow no way he is a 110 kg , unless he has about 10kg of lead in his pencil

@happy_tiger said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152084) said:
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp
![2ed78e11-3f8e-4a11-8f84-947df990931c-image.png](/assets/uploads/files/1590475803397-2ed78e11-3f8e-4a11-8f84-947df990931c-image.png)
Wests Tigers forward and local junior Alex Seyfarth will become Wests Tigers Player #232 this Saturday after he was named to make his first-grade debut in Round 3.

A Dundas Shamrocks junior, Seyfarth will join new recruit Harry Grant (Player #231) as the two new faces named by Coach Michael Maguire for this week’s clash against the Cronulla Sharks — listed to come off the bench in jersey 17.

A local junior of the club, Seyfarth began his Wests Tigers career as part of the Jersey Flegg squad in 2017 and 2018, with the quality young forward impressing in his second season to be named the club’s U/20’s Player of the Year.

He would also represent the New South Wales U/18’s later that year before being selected in the New South Wales U/20’s squad the following season after performing strongly for the club’s Canterbury Cup side.

Cutting an imposing figure at 194cm tall and 100kg, Seyfarth featured for Wests Tigers earlier this year as part of the 2020 Perth Nines and is one of five local juniors set to line up for the club this week against Cronulla.

Based on that pic @willow no way he is a 110 kg , unless he has about 10kg of lead in his pencil

old pic Happy

@happy_tiger said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152084) said:
Author
Dan Talintyre
Timestamp

Old pic. New one here
https://twitter.com/WestsTigers/status/1265453309017509890?s=09

@Scare said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152080) said:
Been awhile since we’ve had a big red head in the team

I miss big Keefy 😭

Well done Alex.

Curious to see Musgrove left out. I felt he was in our top 4 props this year.

The kid definitely needed more bulk if he was to make it as an nrl forward. Was very skinny before, but if he has put on an extra 5kgs then that's great. Hopefully he uses that to improve his leg drive and be able to make more post contact metres..
He's always had a good engine and plays with a lot of heart and courage, just didn't have power for a player his height. I look forward to seeing him play on Saturday!

@mike said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152102) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152091) said:
@Scare said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152080) said:
Been awhile since we’ve had a big red head in the team

I miss big Keefy ?

Me too

Me three. So good when a worthy first grader also becomes such a character within the team!
Maybe Big Al can eventually become that character?
All the best son, rip in!

I don't get the fixation on player weights. If they are as powerful as possible and fast/mobile/agile as possible, doesn't matter what they weigh.

Taumalolo, obviously a freak, 117 kg and super powerful. David Fifita is arguably the best forward stepping out of tackles, is 107 kg. John Bateman is a handful at "only" 98 kg. Dene Halatau always used to amaze me how much power he had in a smaller package. Ben Galea also.

On the other hand, absolute litany of heavy and useless players.

I realise Seyfarth is going to be used more direct-running than second-phase or out wide, but I'm not really fussed about his weight or size, so long as he dents the offence and defence and makes a physical impact on matches.

@willow said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151851) said:
Throw Stefano and Blore into the mix next season and our pack starts to look quite formidable

Add in Mickale, Aloia, Twal, Misgrove and then also Luch, Garner, Oliver

There seems to me the makings of a good young Tigers pack that could be around together for a few years

@jirskyr said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152110) said:
I don’t get the fixation on player weights. If they are as powerful as possible and fast/mobile/agile as possible, doesn’t matter what they weigh.
Taumalolo, obviously a freak, 117 kg and super powerful. David Fifita is arguably the best forward stepping out of tackles, is 107 kg. John Bateman is a handful at “only” 98 kg. Dene Halatau always used to amaze me how much power he had in a smaller package. Ben Galea also.
I realise Seyfarth is going to be used more direct-running than second-phase or out wide, but I’m not really fussed about his weight or size, so long as he dents the offence and defence and makes a physical impact on matches.

I think determination and aggression are more important than size for a forward, but if you can have all three it is even better.

@Sart0ri said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152126) said:
I don’t get the fixation on player weights. If they are as powerful as possible and fast/mobile/agile as possible, doesn’t matter what they weigh.
Taumalolo, obviously a freak, 117 kg and super powerful. David Fifita is arguably the best forward stepping out of tackles, is 107 kg. John Bateman is a handful at “only” 98 kg. Dene Halatau always used to amaze me how much power he had in a smaller package. Ben Galea also.
I realise Seyfarth is going to be used more direct-running than second-phase or out wide, but I’m not really fussed about his weight or size, so long as he dents the offence and defence and makes a physical impact on matches.

I think determination and aggression are more important than size for a forward, but if you can have all three it is even better.

Height and weight aren't essential, but you need to have a powerful frame to work with. Be it chunky thighs and a broad upper body. He wasn't powerful before. He's not an aggressive player. But if he can develop the strength and confidence to rip in harder then he'll be a very handy player

@tigerap said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1151861) said:
Big congrats to Alex, but from what I’ve seen of him so far, if he and Clarke is top17 we are in trouble with our forward stocks

I agree, I never got the hype on Seyfarth, hope I am wrong though

I don't get the fixation on player weights. If they are as powerful as possible and fast/mobile/agile as possible, doesn't matter what they weigh.

Taumalolo, obviously a freak, 117 kg and super powerful. David Fifita is arguably the best forward stepping out of tackles, is 107 kg. John Bateman is a handful at "only" 98 kg. Dene Halatau always used to amaze me how much power he had in a smaller package. Ben Galea also.

I realise Seyfarth is going to be used more direct-running than second-phase or out wide, but I'm not really fussed about his weight or size, so long as he dents the offence and defence and makes a physical impact on matches.

Agree .. the game is changing where fast mobile forwards with endurance will be the go , especially next season with the reduction of the interchange.

Matt Gillet is a great example of a guy who played well above his weight

@Sausagesorcerer said in [Alex Seyfarth](/post/1152152) said:
Matt Gillet is a great example of a guy who played well above his weight

Lincoln Withers is the best example of that.

Back