Your team vs Knights

The forwards have not been the problem they have the right to keep there positions. You would swear to god we got lapped. Our problem is scoring points and in that department we don't have alot of better options

Assuming Sezar & Seyfarth are suspended.

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Naden
4. Olam
5. Alaimalo
6. Latu Fainu
7. Galvin
13. Bateman
12. Sam Fainu
11. Papali'i
10. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
8. Utoikamanu

14. Simpkin
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Kepaoa

18. Matamua
19. Sione Fainu
Re-think.

Time to blood some young forwards through the bench.

Kepaoa out- Matamua in.

Bula
Olam
Bateman
Naden
L Fainu
Galvin
Stef
Api
Twal
Paps
S Fainu
Pole

Klemmer
Simpkin
Seyfarth
Matamua

Demps mentioned it earlier. Mongrel needs to be our middle name. Leave bruises. Klemmer and Seyfarth to come on in short violent spurts.
Gagai & Marzhew would love that (Bateman & nado)

Last edited:
1.Bula
2 Staines
3 Olam
4 To’a
5 Naden
6 Galvin
7 Fainu
8 Stefano
9 Api (c)
10 Klemmer
11.S Fainu
12 Bateman
13 Matamua

14 Sullivan For Api
15 Papali’i For Matamua
16 Pole For Stefano
17 Twal For Klemmer

Bula
Staines
Olam
Naden
Alaimalo
L Fainu
Galvin
Ice
Api
Stefano
Bateman
Sa Fainu
Si Fainu

Simpkin
Pole
Twal
Klemmer/Seyfarth

WESTS TIGERS

1. Jahream Bula

2. Charlie Staines

3. Brent Naden

4. Justin Olam

5. Solomon Faatape

6. Lachlan Galvin

7. Latu fainu

8. Stefano Utoikamanu

9. Apisai Koroisau (c)

10. David Klemmer

11. Samuela fainu

12. John bateman

13. Fonua Pole

14. Tallyn Da Silva

15. Isaiah papalii

16. Kit lualili

17. Alex Seyfarth

Coach: Benji Marshall

Reactions: BZN
Bula
Labb
To'a
Olam
Alaimalo
L Fanua
Galvin
Klemmer
Korosau
Utoikemanu
Sukkar
Papalii
Matamua

Da Silva
Pole
Samuela Fainu
Sione Fainu

The forwards have not been the problem they have the right to keep there positions. You would swear to god we got lapped. Our problem is scoring points and in that department we don't have alot of better options

But the forwards are part of our problem.
They aren’t going forward.
They’re working hard in defence but they’re not getting us forward, play the ball speed is sluggish and 2nd phase play doesn’t exist.
Bench rotations have negative impacts.

The halves and backs don’t get the ball because they aren’t getting the space / us on the front foot to use it (even if they focused on attack)

Our Payne Haas hasn’t made 100mtrs for weeks now. Last week Fainu made the most meters of forwards at 103 which wasn’t even top 25 in the NRL. We don’t have a forward in the top 25 for forward run meters either.

We actually do have a forward issue.

For those naming Matamua and Sione Fainu, not sure about their availability this week but they were suspended last week.

But the forwards are part of our problem.
They aren’t going forward.
They’re working hard in defence but they’re not getting us forward, play the ball speed is sluggish and 2nd phase play doesn’t exist.
Bench rotations have negative impacts.

The halves and backs don’t get the ball because they aren’t getting the space / us on the front foot to use it (even if they focused on attack)

Our Payne Haas hasn’t made 100mtrs for weeks now. Last week Fainu made the most meters of forwards at 103 which wasn’t even top 25 in the NRL. We don’t have a forward in the top 25 for forward run meters either.

We actually do have a forward issue.
Prior to Bulldogs game the forwards have held their own and did so in the first half in Saturdays game. We can't score points and don't capitlize on our opportunities which puts pressure on defence. Possession swung in the second half in favour of the Bulldogs they got points on the back of that. Add that Latu is not a DH, and strong teams have a lot more go forward from there back 4/5 than we get from ours.
It was an evenly poised game and certainly not the best performance from our forwards and individually some below average stats but we had more than enough opportunity to win the game.

WESTS TIGERS

1. Jahream Bula
2. Charlie Staines
3. Brent Naden
4. Justin Olam
5. Solomon Alaimalo
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Latu Fainu
8. Alex Twal
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. Stefano Utoikamanu
11. Samuela Fainu
12. John Bateman
13. Jake Simpkin

14. Asu Kepoa
15. Isaiah Papalii
16. Fonua Pole
17. David Klemmer

I would like to see Latu Fainu get a start in his preferred position. I think if we start Twal he can defensively hold his own in the middle with Steph focusing on hitting it up in attack. We could have Klemmer and Pole come on for Twal and Stef when Newcastle have played 20 minutes.
Left field I thought Jake Simpkin at lock with his passing game and defence could work and allow Pole and Paps to come on and hopefully reek havoc. Whilst Kepoa can have dodgy hands at times he can run a good line and also gives us coverage if a back sustains an injury or we want to push him into the forward rotation.

We are two wins along with for / against out of the eight, so this week is a must win if we want to play finals with the Dolphins and Cowboys next before the Bye.

Prior to Bulldogs game the forwards have held their own and did so in the first half in Saturdays game. We can't score points and don't capitlize on our opportunities which puts pressure on defence. Possession swung in the second half in favour of the Bulldogs they got points on the back of that. Add that Latu is not a DH, and strong teams have a lot more go forward from there back 4/5 than we get from ours.
It was an evenly poised game and certainly not the best performance from our forwards and individually some below average stats but we had more than enough opportunity to win the game.

I think people are caught up in our fast start to the year. We don’t have another level but all the other teams do.

Bulldogs game we should’ve won.
The 2nd half we came out totally switched off and effort areas were terrible. Our forwards got totally dominated against. Heck at one point no forward was willing to take a run off Galvin.

Stefano our forward leader isn’t leading hasn’t for weeks, right now Pole is out performing him. Klemmer is struggling and Bateman puts effort in but isn’t effective. Add to this Twal and Seyfarth who also aren’t effective forwards & I just don’t see it.

Last few weeks we have been spanked off the park in 10-20min spurts, when the other teams pick up a level and our forwards just don’t have another gear in them.

People say our attack sucks, yes it does but our halves and backs have zero space due to the forwards just not dominating around the ruck, quick play the balls, tackle breaks and 2nd phase plays. Every game we play the opposition is up by the time the ball gets to our halves or Bula let alone centers/wingers who catch a cold outside of kick returns. This is because of our forwards not dominating.

Guess will have to agree to disagree.
I think our forwards who outside of Fainu we had last season aren’t as good or aren’t coached to be effective as some think which is a big reason why we lose most the time.

I think people are caught up in our fast start to the year. We don’t have another level but all the other teams do.

Bulldogs game we should’ve won.
The 2nd half we came out totally switched off and effort areas were terrible. Our forwards got totally dominated against. Heck at one point no forward was willing to take a run off Galvin.

Stefano our forward leader isn’t leading hasn’t for weeks, right now Pole is out performing him. Klemmer is struggling and Bateman puts effort in but isn’t effective. Add to this Twal and Seyfarth who also aren’t effective forwards & I just don’t see it.

Last few weeks we have been spanked off the park in 10-20min spurts, when the other teams pick up a level and our forwards just don’t have another gear in them.

People say our attack sucks, yes it does but our halves and backs have zero space due to the forwards just not dominating around the ruck, quick play the balls, tackle breaks and 2nd phase plays. Every game we play the opposition is up by the time the ball gets to our halves or Bula let alone centers/wingers who catch a cold outside of kick returns. This is because of our forwards not dominating.

Guess will have to agree to disagree.
I think our forwards who outside of Fainu we had last season aren’t as good or aren’t coached to be effective as some think which is a big reason why we lose most the time.
All for strengthening the squad in the forwards -
But stats will show the work rate of the current lot against most teams that we have played have been similar in meters and D, apart from the last game which werent great and yet we were still in the game till the end.
We have been in a position to capitalise on good field position in most games and have failed putting more pressure on D and we crack.
Other teams we have lost to, do capitalise on the back of their opportunities - we haven't apart from the Sharks game.
I just think the difference between a good forward and a bad one is mostly effort and for their effort this season there has been little reward. I can't bag them for that. Have they provided a platform for us to compete in most games - from where I sit -yes.

No argument about Stef he has gone missing the last two weeks and the question is why.

All for strengthening the squad in the forwards -
But stats will show the work rate of the current lot against most teams that we have played have been similar in meters and D, apart from the last game which werent great and yet we were still in the game till the end.
We have been in a position to capitalise on good field position in most games and have failed putting more pressure on D and we crack.
Other teams we have lost to, do capitalise on the back of their opportunities - we haven't apart from the Sharks game.
I just think the difference between a good forward and a bad one is mostly effort and for their effort this season there has been little reward. I can't bag them for that. Have they provided a platform for us to compete in most games - from where I sit -yes.

No argument about Stef he has gone missing the last two weeks and the question is why.
Stef wants to be at a winning club as one of the forward leaders he needs to play his part

Reactions: BZN
1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Naden
4. Olam
5. Solomon (willing to give him 1 more game)
6. L Fainu (big reps at 5/8 and less pressure than slotting him straight to 7)
7. Galvin (Good kicking, reads the game well, and is not afraid to demand the ball when he sees opps, has all qualities to become a good organizer and creates when given space)
8. Pole (Just run hard and straight)
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali'i (Might be better at lock than JB)

14. Simpkin (give Api a rest without losing much momentum, cover backs)
15. Matamua (Replace lock if Ice doesn't perform or needs rest, and cover forwards)
16. Stefano (Shake his ego for impact off the bench, wake up call)
17. Twal

time for some impact off the bench. far too often this year we have capitulated 15 either side of half time. that has to change.

1. Bula (concerned he's not 100% but no real replacement in the squad)
2. Staines
3. Naden
4. Olam
5. Alaimalo
6. Fainu
7. Galvin
8. Twal
9. Simpkin
10. Klemmer
11. Bateman
12. Fainu
13. Matamua