Where's the captain?

NT_Tiger

In the "We need you" promo for the upcoming game, the team captain is noticeably absent.
My thoughts are; given recent events and media statements by the captain about Potter's and his team leadership, I would think it is very important for the captain to publicly demonstrate cooperative leadership in just this sort of media. Any thoughts?

Careful.
You'll get accused of having an agenda.

But yes, if theyre going to do a ''swallow our pride - we need you" piece, you'd think he'd be there too

I'm still waiting for the supposed apology for last weeks thumping .

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Robbie Farah will never win.

If he's there, people are complaining that he is pushing his own agenda and using the media for his own cause
If he's not, people want to know where he is.

Asking where he is is a fair question, but we've seen plenty of these promos without him and different players involved. From a business sense, I wouldn't have him there either. Maybe these media things are planned months ahead with each player doing their share.

I don't read anything into this.

My son heard me play this vid.

"Theyre grovelling" He said.

A plea for help, a last throw of the dice, an advantage in our favour is the Bledicslow cup has seen this trnsferred to LO…..everyone wants more suburban games.

And Im sure if we did get a packed house, it WOULD lift the boys, ----lift enough? Not sure.
But the message is clear and as supporters - well thats what we're supposed to do, support em.

I do have an agenda, which is trying to get it clear in my own head about Farah's situation with Potter. The OP is not meant to imply anything either way, and I have supported Farah in previous posts. It just stood out to me that Tigers were trying to rally support for a last ditch effort and Farah isn't there. I considered that odd given his leadership comments.

@NT Tiger said:
I do have an agenda, which is trying to get it clear in my own head about Farah's situation with Potter. The OP is not meant to imply anything either way, and I have supported Farah in previous posts. It just stood out to me that Tigers were trying to rally support for a last ditch effort and Farah isn't there. I considered that odd given his leadership comments.

He should have been there, even if it was not in the plan, originally. The people responsible for "casting" this appeal and Robbie should be spoken to.

I think its clear why he's not there.

I think the club are aware how he now polarizes opinion, they probably think him being there would do as much harm as good.

I was wondering the same thing, then I watched the team announcement video and noticed he was the only player not videoed but as an image put on screen.

@innsaneink said:
I think its clear why he's not there.

I think the club are aware how he now polarizes opinion, they probably think him being there would do as much harm as good.

Yeah, maybe, but wouldn't it be a perfect opportunity to rise above that and demonstrate team solidarity at the back end of the season?

@thesquid said:
I was wondering the same thing, then I watched the team announcement video and noticed he was the only player not videoed but as an image put on screen.

Been like that all year mate I think, not sure the reasoning but it wouldnt have anything to do with the last few weeks.

@gallagher said:
@thesquid said:

Been like that all year mate I think, not sure the reasoning but it wouldnt have anything to do with the last few weeks.

i think this video thing must of been done early in the off-season when he was still on break after the world cup.

It is starting to seems that Wests tigers political correctness has now taken over playing footy for importance.

I think everyone is reading too much into this.
Get over it.
I haven't seen the video, but it sounds like they are doing what they've been doing all year…..... getting more people to games!

Thought they just said on the news he's battling the flu

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Look as long as the captain shows up Saturday and gives 110% and leads us well that's all I care about

He can't do everything ffs

Next thing he will be getting blamed for not changing the soap at the Leichardt toilets

He is a professional footballer first and foremost

@happy tiger said:
Look as long as the captain shows up Saturday and gives 110% and leads us well that's all I care about

He can't do everything ffs

Next thing he will be getting blamed for not changing the soap at the Leichardt toilets

He is a professional footballer first and foremost

There has to be soap in the toilets at Leichhardt in the first place , to be replaced !
They have two of our highest paid players giving the sale pitch to us fans that hear every second hon game ….seriously , that should suffice ....shouldn't it?

Robbie "Hollywood" Farah's appearance fee for any media is now starting from $10k….club cant afford him anymore...

He did a presser this morning…...but I guess that isn't worthy of mentioning....

Back