Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

It really can only come down to Accor or Allianz. Our members have already spoken loudly, and we HATE Parramatta stadium with a passion! Our attendances there have been very poor, the stadium is a long way from the l where our fan base lives. Can you imagine how many would show up for a Thursday night game against the Dolphins? We've already overstated our home crowds there in the past, and that's embarrassing. We reported that all our matches there last year had almost identical attendance. I was there and there's no way the stadium was a third full. It's literally 5-6k at most.

Olympic stadium is at least close to our inner west base. And yeah good transport infrastructure and is a genuine neutral venue. Parramatta stadium will always be the eels home. I hate the size of the Olympic stadium with a passion when it comes to regular season matches, we get no home ground advantage but if we have to be somewhere until the investment for our true homes come through then it's probably there. Back to our past.

But we also need to keep at least 2 matches at Leichhardt and 3 at Ctown. The nomadic Wests Tigers are back
There will be no investment in LO or CSS

Are you now running policy for Venues NSW??

The club doesn't invest in grounds - and while Minns has ruled it out during his Premiership - I hate to tell you but Governments change and popular votes dictate changes in policy...

Hence this decades old debacle...

1714314463867.png

I agree champion @Buttface - Comm Bank is absolutely "not fit for purpose" as a Wests Tigers home ground.
I have hated each experience there.
It's a very sterile place isn't it.
We had silver seats pretty much on halfway when it first opened for the first two seasons.
It's good viewing that's all I know there... The rest is ugly and has nothing going for it for us except a western sideline of Corp suites

I was very pro this move before we went and I was very wrong. If this stadium was at Olympic Park with a few adjustments I could cop it

I don't know what's ahead for us... Are we going somewhere temporarily while hopefully our real grounds are upgraded... Is it just one of our old grounds upgraded?
Again...more moving around for a few years from what I can see with no stability yet again.. No identity.. No fortress
One day we might get our act together but it still seems a long way away despite some good things happening already... Howong that takes I dunno... Another 25 years?

I grew up in the parra area in the 80s too, it's the reason I hate them so much. I just don't see the difference in sharing a ground with them or sharing Homebush with Souths and the dogs. I'd chose it for the facilities, what's across the road doesn’t bother me.
Parra is Parra home.
Homebush is like a motel the dogs and south's.. Us there too or anyone else for that matter won't make a difference.
Homebush is still pretty neutral so it can be ours every 2nd weekend or so when we need it to be.
Not that it means much either I guess but Sydney Olympic Park is in OUR junior district... OURS.

Parra is Parra home.
Homebush is like a motel the dogs and south's.. Us there too or anyone else for that matter won't make a difference.
Homebush is still pretty neutral so it can be ours every 2nd weekend or so when we need it to be.
Not that it means much either I guess but Sydney Olympic Park is in OUR junior district... OURS.

Pretty much, just like the Melbourne AFL teams playing at a couple of venues, and I much prefer that Homebush is home territory.

Plus we won't be playing the Easter Monday game at Parrabloodymatta every year.

If we are forced to move on from our current arrangement the best of a bad bunch for us is Accor. Its in our territory central for most it has Richo's famous corporate seats. It is souless and massive but we have history there we have won a GF there. If its a move for a few years to force the Govt into upgrading one of our stadiums then so be it. Governments change just because Minns said no doesnt mean its always the case.
No way do i want to move to Parra stadium Allianz doesn't make a heap of sense i don't know why souths don't go back to Allianz obviously financial but the most sense is souths and Roosters at Allianz us and the dogs at Accor.

I don't mind the sideline seats at Homebush, you get a decent view there but behind the goal posts is horrendous. You literally just watch on the big screen.
Fulltime there is better than what we've been doing IMO
What are we doing there differently at fulltime that we’re doing at othe grounds? Bcoz it ain’t winning.
Just joking I had to read it a few times, but I got there.
I rarely get to live games anymore, but when I was young I could tell you the pros and cons with every ground in Sydney. Like sitting behind the posts at Homebush. I reckon riff park, south side, late arvo or evening with the southly blowing of the snow was some of the cooooldest football watching I’ve ever done. Turn a penguin’s lips blue.
Yes full time at Homebush until we have our own decent stadium in our own area. Which, as much as it will hurt our Balmain Brothers, has to be Cambo. Now I hated our, (Wests), home ground and used to call it Cambodian oval, one of my least favourites. I’ve been in the not so grand stand, then the scaffolding grand stands they had behind the posts that swayed in the breeze, and also in the raise worksite office container thingys they were trying to pass off as corporate boxes. I know people say it’s close to rail but I traveled there once by public transport from the riff and it was average. But I hate humans and crowds and public transport and a lot of other stuff. Cambo needs a knock down rebuild and the government are neglecting that area bcoz they aren’t wealthy voters. Parra have had two new stadiums in my lifetime and the riff about to get their second? We have been getting shafted by everyone for years and I just hope Richo, can turn this around. Firstly I’d be starting with more wins, W’s fix everything. Secondly, a temp major ground like Homebush, and as @Halbrowne61 said PVL should be make the bunnies play out of SFS or whatever that called now, Coca Cola stadium? Thirdly I would be at the governments to finally recognise and support all their voters, rich or poor, in our neglected area.
Fourly, more wins.

The growth in the SW don't care about WT. When will people realise this? It's not as if people will magically find a passion for us. Either they're moving from other parts of Sydney and either already have a team, or don't care about league. Or they're immigrants who have never heard of league and probably follow football or cricket.
Both are extremely tough nuts to crack.
Your right, though I think once we start making our presence known in the area over time that will change. We've been our own worst enemy, we neglected it and now it's exactly where you said its at. Reckon Richos push for the Southwest is going work eventually. But we have to keep at it. It might not show improvement now but I think will pay dividends in the next 20 years when the next generation of kids playing and supporting league comes of age. All our previous admins did things for the here and now we need to start doing things asking what we as a club look like in 20 - 50 years. If we expect to be a sucessfull club we need to start asking those type of questions.

We have to fight that Liberal party corruption, every other suburban stadium in sydney has received funding for upgrades in the last 10-15 years. The Libs just threw money at the electorates to keep the votes coming in.

In any case, Leichhardt Oval is in the best shape it's been in for decades. More toilets and food and beverage outlets than ever before. CSS needs to get rid of the hill at the northern end and put in a grandstand there with lots of corporate boxes.

Last edited:
let Parramatta have their stadium next to their leagues club and city. it is no place for Wests Tigers to set up camp. Accor is next door to Concord, has even more space for Richo's precious corporates and is well connected via public transport + an ungodly amount of parking.

I really hope Richardson + Co. take a survey from members and fans asking what they would prefer.

Not a fan of going back to CommBank. The members seating is on the eastern side, and on a sunny afternoon, it's not the greatest view with the sun in your eyes. Whereas the members seating at every other ground is on the western side.

I don’t think Commbank will be our home ground next year because Penrith play all their homes there next year whilst Penrith Park gets upgraded.

Of course you can have 3 home games by different teams at the same venue by playing on different days but I think Richo would aim for something else.

Are Souths going to Alliance? There was a bit of a ruckus over this before.

Not a fan of going back to CommBank. The members seating is on the eastern side, and on a sunny afternoon, it's not the greatest view with the sun in your eyes. Whereas the members seating at every other ground is on the western side.
Correct.
Because all the corporates are on the Western side facing east

Eastern sides OK but jesus it seems to get cold there in winter at night

I hate the steepness of the stands at Commbank. Getting up and down those stairs it's only a matter of time before someone takes a tumble. Not great access for the young or old .

I don’t think Commbank will be our home ground next year because Penrith play all their homes there next year whilst Penrith Park gets upgraded.

Of course you can have 3 home games by different teams at the same venue by playing on different days but I think Richo would aim for something else.

Are Souths going to Alliance? There was a bit of a ruckus over this before.
The 'Riff should permanently play all their home games at Commbank, then they should bulldoze Penrith park and save the money by not rebuilding it.

Best all round solution for the Minns Government seeing as they have no money for Leichhardt or Cambo.

The 'Riff should permanently play all their home games at Commbank, then they should bulldoze Penrith park and save the money by not rebuilding it.

Best all round solution for the Minns Government seeing as they have no money for Leichhardt or Cambo.

It would also have the benefit of cancelling the Pork Barrelling of the previous government who were just throwing money at a seat to try and keep it.Win/win situation

Home ground identity is so important. Look at Broncos this season. Their only away win is at Campbelltown. Warriors struggling outside of NZ. Playing at a neutral venue is going to kill this club more than people think. Leichhardt has to have more games if not Campbelltown. Penrith playing at Parra's stadium next season will take a lot out of them. Even though they're a great team. Look at away clubs when they play at Suncorp for example as well. This is the first thing I really disagree with from Richo and it's very disappointing. Hopefully a new Liverpool stadium is built but I doubt it

Back