Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

I agree totally and it’s more of a chance politically over the long term.
Maybe it might, but it is still wait and see at this stage. I just hope if we do move at some point that way, we can start winning.

Everyone would love to have games at either of our home grounds, but the reality is neither is up to standard for patrons or sponsors. If the ground aren’t going to be upgraded, then the tigers need to move to an alternative ground (none of which are attractive options), but given its reported the tigers were the only team to lose money, something has to change.

I grew up in the parra area in the 80s too, it's the reason I hate them so much. I just don't see the difference in sharing a ground with them or sharing Homebush with Souths and the dogs. I'd chose it for the facilities, what's across the road doesn’t bother me.
Yeah but it’s not Homebush Bunnies or Homebush bulldogs, and it’s not their home ground either so it’s a little different.
I went to the first 3-4 GFs there, never a standard NRL game though, except coperate box with work jaunts, where we’ve been chauffeured to and from the ground. So I’ve never really sat there in the standard seats for a standard NRL game and I’m probably not likely either, fortunately these days I can afford not too. But from my experience Homebush is as good as any other neutral ground and it’s in the middle of Leichhardt, Ashfield and Cambo, and around the corner from concord.

Yeah but it’s not Homebush Bunnies or Homebush bulldogs, and it’s not their home ground either so it’s a little different.
I went to the first 3-4 GFs there, never a standard NRL game though, except coperate box with work jaunts, where we’ve been chauffeured to and from the ground. So I’ve never really sat there in the standard seats for a standard NRL game and I’m probably not likely either, fortunately these days I can afford not too. But from my experience Homebush is as good as any other neutral ground and it’s in the middle of Leichhardt, Ashfield and Cambo, and around the corner from concord.
I don't mind the sideline seats at Homebush, you get a decent view there but behind the goal posts is horrendous. You literally just watch on the big screen.
Fulltime there is better than what we've been doing IMO

If location is the key factor( and imo it’s very important), it’s gotta be Accor. As you say, centrally located for any Tigers fan to get to and good facilities, far superior to LO and CSS.
And corporate revenue would jump dramatically !
Sure it’s big, but if we eventually turn into the team everyone keeps saying we are going to be, it will hold plenty of people comfortably.
But my concern is, are 3 teams going to share it ? To me it would make more sense for PVL to say South’s are going to share with Roosters( and Uncle Nick will just have to live with it).
But my overall philosophy is “less is more” and but some time ago I would have pushed for Parra/ Penrith to share Parra stadium.
Just my opinion….

Leichardt is falling apart and we can't seem to perform at Campbelltown, so I'm fine with us going to the highest bidder. Should play almost all home games in one place IMO.

CommBank is only really an issue when we play against Parra.

Personally think the best option in time is to transform Campbelltown stadium into a 40k seat stadium to provide for future growth in the area and stay there. In the interim I don't think it makes much diffrence personally as long as we start winning games, we will turn up.

Personally think the best option in time is to transform Campbelltown stadium into a 40k seat stadium to provide for future growth in the area and stay there. In the interim I don't think it makes much diffrence personally as long as we start winning games, we will turn up.
Well that’s up to the NSW Government. 40k is no chance. That’s SFS type level. Ain’t going to happen. 30k is a stretch. I’d think any redevelopment will probably be 25k capacity. Even that probably won’t ever happen.

Well that’s up to the NSW Government. 40k is no chance. That’s SFS type level. Ain’t going to happen. 30k is a stretch. I’d think any redevelopment will probably be 25k capacity. Even that probably won’t ever happen.
Your 100 percent right, my only problem is that if they renovate and go to a capacity of 25k it's just wasting money, it won't be able to cater for the growth of the area sooner than later. I guess if they can get the corporate area sorted maybe 25k stadium would be ok, just a matter of how long before a capacity 25k seat stadium becomes too small for a club to survive if it gets full every home game.

Reactions: 851
That’s a good solution and so was the Liverpool option that Lee was talking about.
I just don’t think either are even remotely on the Govt radar any time soon.

staring at the Eel on the side of the leagues club in the suburb of Parramatta
nah never will feel quiet like home

Accor might in time
I've been there 3 times and never even saw the
Leagues club.
Anyway, keen to see what the cub comes up with.

Your 100 percent right, my only problem is that if they renovate and go to a capacity of 25k it's just wasting money, it won't be able to cater for the growth of the area sooner than later. I guess if they can get the corporate area sorted maybe 25k stadium would be ok, just a matter of how long before a capacity 25k seat stadium becomes too small for a club to survive if it gets full every home game.
The growth in the SW don't care about WT. When will people realise this? It's not as if people will magically find a passion for us. Either they're moving from other parts of Sydney and either already have a team, or don't care about league. Or they're immigrants who have never heard of league and probably follow football or cricket.
Both are extremely tough nuts to crack.

It really can only come down to Accor or Allianz. Our members have already spoken loudly, and we HATE Parramatta stadium with a passion! Our attendances there have been very poor, the stadium is a long way from the l where our fan base lives. Can you imagine how many would show up for a Thursday night game against the Dolphins? We've already overstated our home crowds there in the past, and that's embarrassing. We reported that all our matches there last year had almost identical attendance. I was there and there's no way the stadium was a third full. It's literally 5-6k at most.

Olympic stadium is at least close to our inner west base. And yeah good transport infrastructure and is a genuine neutral venue. Parramatta stadium will always be the eels home. I hate the size of the Olympic stadium with a passion when it comes to regular season matches, we get no home ground advantage but if we have to be somewhere until the investment for our true homes come through then it's probably there. Back to our past.

But we also need to keep at least 2 matches at Leichhardt and 3 at Ctown. The nomadic Wests Tigers are back

Members online

Back