Tigers Spine

TYGA

The Tigers have to stick with the 1. Laurie 6. Douihei 7. Brooks 9. Simpkin for the year regardless of what happens. They need to build combinations for this season and yers ahead.

They definitely gelled together good tonight but we can't have both tamou and twal in the same side they both offer the same thing and we only need one other then that hope the spine gells good together

Was interesting as Mbye also as a linking 13.

AD was clearly the main ball player / controlled the game in opp 20.

Laurie was the spark.

Mbye the link.

Brooks does not seem to have a leading role in that structure though. Which is probably a good thing. Madden actually might suit it more as he passes much better to his centers than Brooks does IMO.

1. Laurie
6 AD
7 Brooks / Madden
13 Mbye...we need a ball playing lock / Tuki when ready. The 13 is vital nowadays to the spine.
Hooker: Jake

@tyga said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340179) said:
The Tigers have to stick with the 1. Laurie 6. Douihei 7. Brooks 9. Simpkin for the year regardless of what happens. They need to build combinations for this season and yers ahead.

Brooks is the weak link. Think I’d prefer Mbye there or give the young bloke in reggies a shot.

@elleryhanley said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340191) said:

Laurie was the spark.

Mbye the link.

Brooks does not seem to have a leading role in that structure though. Which is probably a good thing. Madden actually might suit it more as he passes much better to his centers than Brooks does IMO.

1. Laurie
6 AD
7 Brooks / Madden
13 Mbye...we need a ball playing lock / Tuki when ready. The 13 is vital nowadays to the spine.
9. Jake

The game changed when Mbye came on in my opinion. Having a third playmaker is key in today's game.

@kazoo-kid said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340199) said:

Laurie was the spark.

Mbye the link.

1. Laurie
6 AD
7 Brooks / Madden
9. Jake

The game changed when Mbye came on in my opinion. Having a third playmaker is key in today's game.

Yep Mbye was important for us today. Brooks looks to be a passenger these days.

Brooks definitely the weakest out of the four. We looked better when Doueihi was the man in control, no idea why we went away from that towards the end of the game.

@avocadoontoast said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340208) said:
@kazoo-kid said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340199) said:

Laurie was the spark.

Mbye the link.

1. Laurie
6 AD
7 Brooks / Madden
9. Jake

Yep Mbye was important for us today. Brooks looks to be a passenger these days.

i do agree

AD kicks are a mile better than brooks,

@cktiger said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340192) said:

Brooks is the weak link. Think I’d prefer Mbye there or give the young bloke in reggies a shot.

Mbye .....defence is Brooks equal ....he has to get a shot ...we looked a completely different side with him in the middle being creative

@happy_tiger said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340225) said:

Mbye .....defence is Brooks equal ....he has to get a shot ...we looked a completely different side with him in the middle being creative

Mbye isn't logical as he will be gone EOY.

Not sure what Brookes job is, he seems to be nothing but a link man, just passing the ball on.
Not really a Madden fan but I’m sure he could do the same as what Brookes does and a little more

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340227) said:

He doesn't have to be if we improve greatly with Mbye at 7 and happy and playing well

Maybe not ... he’s contracted until the end of next year.
Think he’d be happy if he was the regular half.

@happy_tiger said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340235) said:

He doesn't have to be if we improve greatly with Mbye at 7 and happy and playing well

That's a big if especially as Brooks has played well.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340240) said:

I played well in 86/87 ...Brooks played well in 2018 ....how far do we extend .....Gary Freeman was great in the 80's as well

@happy_tiger said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340248) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340240) said:

I played well in 86/87 ...Brooks played well in 2018 ....how far do we extend .....Gary Freeman was great in the 80's as well

Brooks has played well for quite a few games this year.

Mbye at 7 next week it is time Brooks is punted .. I doubt even now the finals are an option but one more loss and its curtains and Madge can take Brooks to his next club! Its now or never !

Mbye should not ever play 7, that'd be a massive mistake. His organisation and direction is really poor and he has the same problem of Brooks of putting players under pressure with bad passing. at 13, Mbye is good and I see value in keeping him given the modern game.

Brooks was okay, but I still don't trust his decision making, had a few really bad passes, one turned into an error, players somehow held onto the ball on the others.

Doueihi was excellent again, unfortunately he barely touched the ball in the final 20. He's the sort of player who should be getting the ball, and demanding it at that time.

Yes, Laurie and Simpkin were very good. Simpkin fatigued looks a little error prone, but he was really classy all match.

Agree. I think we look a lot more slick with AD and Mbye calling the shots.

@watersider said in [Tigers Spine](/post/1340269) said:
Mbye should not ever play 7, that'd be a massive mistake. His organisation and direction is really poor and he has the same problem of Brooks of putting players under pressure with bad passing. at 13, Mbye is good and I see value in keeping him given the modern game.

Brooks was okay, but I still don't trust his decision making, had a few really bad passes, one turned into an error, players somehow held onto the ball on the others.

Doueihi was excellent again, unfortunately he barely touched the ball in the final 20. He's the sort of player who should be getting the ball, and demanding it at that time.

Yes, Laurie and Simpkin were very good. Simpkin fatigued looks a little error prone, but he was really classy all match.

Brooks does not make any decisions he catches passes and puts up crap kicks to be marked easily this is the weekly turn out .

Back