Tigers sign Manly’s Sione Fainu on immediate deal

Tiger_Bond

Tigers sign Manly’s Fainu on immediate deal​

Michael Carayannis
Wests Tigers have signed NSW under-18 prop Sione Fainu from rivals Manly on an immediate long-term deal.
Fainu will make the switch to the Tigers from the next two-and-a-half seasons after being granted a release from the Sea Eagles.

The 20-year-old is yet to play first grade but, at 185cm and 109kg, will join the Tigers’ top squad and push for a NRL spot immediately.

Fainu represented NSW under-18 in 2019 when he was named the state player of the year.

He is the younger brother of sidelined Manly hooker Manase Fainu, who hasn’t played since 2019.

Stream every game of every round of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership Season Live & Ad-Break Free In Play on Kayo.

Sione Fainu was named NSW under 18 state player of the year in 2019. Picture: NRL Photos

Sione Fainu was named NSW under 18 state player of the year in 2019. Picture: NRL Photos
He remains stood down under the NRL’s no fault stand-down policy, as he waits to face court in July over charges relating to the stabbing of a then 24-year-old man at a Mormon church dance in southwestern Stydney in October, 2019.

Manase Fainu, 23, has also been recovering from a shoulder injury.

His siblings including Latu and Samuela remain committed to the Sea Eagles on long-term deals.

The Guildford junior returns to the western suburbs and could prove a handy pickup for the Tigers.

Assuming Stefano's ankle keeps him out a few weeks, we could see this kid get a chance off the bench soon.

I wonder if he has a chance in a defamation case because the way it is worded is probable slander,typical of the lies and part truths the Murdoch empire push at all levels

I wonder if he has a chance in a defamation case because the way it is worded is probable slander,typical of the lies and part truths the Murdoch empire push at all levels
How is it worded poorly?

It implies that it is he who is stood down by the NRL for the stabbing
It doesn’t. I think you have confused the little comment under his photo as being attached to the middle of the article. It isn’t. It specifically states that it’s his brother who is stood down.

Ah the caption is throwing it off because it isn’t formatted in here. That’s how I read it too, thinking typical Tigers buying someone sidelined with criminal charges 😂 The scary thing is I wasn’t surprised

He has been playing Flegg since coming across, it looks like they are trying to bond a group together and then bring them up grades together as a pack.
Nice idea. Definitely easier to join a first grade squad if you have at least one other person that you know who is joining at the same time. I get the feeling that Reece Hoffman was only here to help Simpkin along.

Members online

Back