Those 3 sets

Tcat

Those 3 sets in the first half sum up who we are. That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely disgusting. We do it most weeks. The opposition scores and what do we do???????? IMPLODE. Hence, here we go again, catch up footy.

@tcat said in [Those 3 sets](/post/1357347) said:
Those 3 sets in the first half sum up who we are. That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely disgusting. We do it most weeks. The opposition scores and what do we do???????? IMPLODE. Hence, here we go again, catch up footy.

It was classic Luciano being lazy in defense. By the time he works out he’s out of position he looks like the fat kid chasing the bus he just missed.

It used to be the 10 mins either side of half time, now it's defending try sets... A fatal 20 mins eveey match. Always mentally weak, the only thing that's changed is the timing of dropping our bundle.

@bagnf05 said in [Those 3 sets](/post/1357357) said:
@tcat said in [Those 3 sets](/post/1357347) said:

It was classic Luciano being lazy in defense. By the time he works out he’s out of position he looks like the fat kid chasing the bus he just missed.

He will end up in the 13 I reckon , not this year but definitely .
One thing I noticed was we had stefano running at the edges off the halves , but still in his normal middle role. I wonder if we can get Luci and run that Play at the edge then look for his offload . Allowing someone like Blore who is far better defensively on the edge .

It will keep happening whilst our squad continue to view success as just being named in first grade - it breeds laziness.
We lack desire, effort and intent in all aspects of our game.
As a result we are terrible at the fundamental aspects of the game, all the things that shouldn’t require coaching at this level as Madge indicated in the presser last night.

Forget the other 70-75 minutes, the fact that we can do this for even 5-10 minutes is the reason we will be a bottom team.

I have said it for a while...big Luc is our best weapon with the ball, but he is a terrible defensive backrower. He is fine in a straight line tackle, but anything requiring quick movement or speedy backs he is completely lost. His missed tackle stats are actually misleading as he never gets close enough to even register a miss. He was MILES out of line with his outside men on that kick off try.

IMO he could be the best bench player in the game...he should be 25 mins either side of half time and a beast.

As a starter you simply won't ever have a strong defensive line with him and Garner both arm grabbing / you need an Ellis type backrower to have a strong D line.

@elleryhanley said in [Those 3 sets](/post/1357903) said:
I have said it for a while...big Luc is our best weapon with the ball, but he is a terrible defensive backrower. He is fine in a straight line tackle, but anything requiring quick movement or speedy backs he is completely lost. His missed tackle stats are actually misleading as he never gets close enough to even register a miss. He was MILES out of line with his outside men on that kick off try.

IMO he could be the best bench player in the game...he should be 25 mins either side of half time and a beast.

As a starter you simply won't ever have a strong defensive line with him and Garner both arm grabbing / you need an Ellis type backrower to have a strong D line.

Spot on. Our second rowers are our biggest issue mate. Not many people will agree but I am certain opponents look forward to playing us. It’s a week off getting bruises.

@balmainjnr said in [Those 3 sets](/post/1357874) said:
It will keep happening whilst our squad continue to view success as just being named in first grade - it breeds laziness.
We lack desire, effort and intent in all aspects of our game.
As a result we are terrible at the fundamental aspects of the game, all the things that shouldn’t require coaching at this level as Madge indicated in the presser last night.

Players at this level should not need the coach to fire them up every time they run out on the field. They are professional athletes, it is their job to do everything in their power to be successful including eating, sleeping, training and preparing themselves mentally. Listen to music, headbutt a wall, do what ever you need to to to be at 100% when you get out on the field.

Back