The team that could win us a premiership in 2025

My take: We only need 2 or 3 signings (or juniors breaking through like Galvin this year and Bula last year) to make us a competitive top 8 side.

1. Jahream Bula
2. Israel Leota
3. Sunia Turuva
4. Justin Olam
5. X-factor winger (or placeholder until Heamasi Makasini in 2026)
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Jerone Luai
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. A-list backrower (Angus Crichton would be awesome but unlikely)
12. John Bateman
13. Isaiah Papali’I (lock is his position)

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Fonua Pole
16. Jordan Miller
17. Samuela Fainu

18. Alex Twal
19. Alex Seyfarth
20. Alex Lobb
21. Kit Laulilii (or Sione other juniors)
22. Another junior coming through

That bench has youth but intent.
That would be ideal two gun wingers and an edge back rower. We would go close to making the 8 or at least competing.

Any update on how building this potential team is looking a couple of weeks later ?

That would be ideal two gun wingers and an edge back rower. We would go close to making the 8 or at least competing.
I can have the best two wingers in the world it ain’t going to get u anywhere if u don’t have a great pack of forwards , we need to get the forwards sorted 1st , we need two front rowers , 3 backrowers , and move KLEMMER , and Bateman on

I can have the best two wingers in the world it ain’t going to get u anywhere if u don’t have a great pack of forwards , we need to get the forwards sorted 1st , we need two front rowers , 3 backrowers , and move KLEMMER , and Bateman on
Klemmer and Bateman not really our problems and if we moved them on we will struggle to replace. I still think we should try offer Angus Crichton 1 mil.

Benji has already improved the cap spending by $750k with Papalii gone to Panthers. So how much more “cleaning out” needs doing?

Agreed,once again Sheens 2 major signings are overpaid and next to useless as all they seem to do is lack discipline and give dumb penalties away.

I love the title of this thread.
It’s contains more delusion than me thinking one day I’ll bang Ana De Armas.

We won’t be making the 8 next year at all. If you think that now you are not understanding how far behind we are. Only chance is juniors and they need 50 games before they fire. One or two signings won’t solve the problem.

Bula, Olam, Galvin, Luai, Turuva, Papalli, Api, Pole, Uto, Twal are good players.
Klemmer, Bateman getting on in their careers. We have 10 solid players and two stars Api, Luai. You would need another 5 rep players to contend.

Broncos have Cobbo, Haas, Walsh, Piakura, Reynolds, Mam, Staggs, Carrigan and Riki who are rep level players.

We are not close and broncos aren’t the best team on paper roosters, Penrith and Storm have them covered.
Papi is not part of 25 he pissed off to the riff

We are not winning the comp next year.

Going to be honest: top half of the bottom 8 next year will be an improvement.
The comp is not that close that 2 signings make a potental wooden spooner...premier.

This needs an update as their been movement since:
1. Bula (although I’m questioning this)
2. Skelton (not getting a go at doggs)
3. Olam
4. Adam Leb/Harry Newman (if he leaves)
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Klem
9. Api
10 Stefano/Fainu
11 Angus Crichton
12. Bateman
13. Nathan Brown
-
14. Sezer
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Euain Aitken
17. Pole

3. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Klem
9. Api
10 Stefano/Fainu
11 Angus Crichton
12. Bateman
13. Nathan Brown
-
14. Sezer
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Euain Aitken
17. Pole
Off the top of my head there’s about 9 guys without finals footy experience, they ain’t winning any comp.

3. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Klem
9. Api
10 Stefano/Fainu
11 Angus Crichton
12. Bateman
13. Nathan Brown
-
14. Sezer
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Euain Aitken
17. Pole
Why Jarrod Wallace? He will be 34 half way through next season & is rubbish anyway

Latest posts

Back