Tallyn Da Silva #270

He started off fine but as his time on the field got longer his performance deteriorated,that is what i expected as he is very young and it will take time for him to adjust.I am sure he will get better and it would not be a shock if he is on the bench next year instead of Simpkin who just has never kicked on

His passing on both sides was flat, fast and infront of players running onto it.
Was great to see.
His acceleration as well was impressive
It’s amazing how many hookers in league can’t do this. It’s the first thing I look for. Glad he can do it. ✅ for me.

As someone that spends just as much time following the clubs junior reps likewise the nrl side, nights like tonight, seeing a genuine local junior, who has been in the club system since he was 13, debut in front of a hill packed with his friends and family, is about as good as it gets. Hopefully we see more of you. Well done.

Also style has a lot to do with it, but WT looked quicker and more dangerous with TDS on the field over Simpkin.

Roughly 26 mins for TDS

3 runs for 25m
14 tackles (1 missed)

I thought he did a great job foe debut and will be in that 14 I think when Api get back.
I think the game was ref'd terribly and as storm were laying all over us all game again and we had no real quick ball for him to run.

Stroked to have him though as he looks the goods

My take on Tallyn's debut.

As an individual performance it wasn't one to remember. He had some plays that cost us but they weren't shockers.

What I did see was a kid just turned 18 who looked the part. Physically he looked good, he looked sharp.

I reckon the tough start will be the best thing for him. He is a future star form what I saw, and that's from someone who says it was a shit debut. You can see he has it. Hope he believes it.

As someone that spends just as much time following the clubs junior reps likewise the nrl side, nights like tonight, seeing a genuine local junior, who has been in the club system since he was 13, debut in front of a hill packed with his friends and family, is about as good as it gets. Hopefully we see more of you. Well done.

Also style has a lot to do with it, but WT looked quicker and more dangerous with TDS on the field over Simpkin.

Roughly 26 mins for TDS

3 runs for 25m
14 tackles (1 missed)
Where are you getting those stats? They all look lower than what I read.

This kid can play and has the perfect introduction. Needs to play off the bench when Api gets back and will succeed him in a few years. Rinse and repeat across the board and the Tigers will have a team in a few years of kids that want to play for the club.

My take on Tallyn's debut.

As an individual performance it wasn't one to remember. He had some plays that cost us but they weren't shockers.

What I did see was a kid just turned 18 who looked the part. Physically he looked good, he looked sharp.

I reckon the tough start will be the best thing for him. He is a future star form what I saw, and that's from someone who says it was a shit debut. You can see he has it. Hope he believes it.
I think you’ve gone too harsh…It was a solid debut, certainly not shit.
I was surprised how he compared physically to the first graders. He looked a lot skinnier last time I saw him.
He looked comfortable out there and not timid at all. His service was sharp and out in front, he defended well, he played eyes up and he kept alive in attack, backing up Blore’s break.
He’ll be back in two weeks.

Roughly 26 mins for TDS

3 runs for 25m
14 tackles (1 missed)
Dude is there anyone else good coming through?

Like really good!

Or are they average?

Like Tumeth to me is bog average

Do we have any more TDS coming through?

Dude is there anyone else good coming through?

Like really good!

Or are they average?

Like Tumeth to me is bog average

Do we have any more TDS coming through?
Not really man.
Some decent young forwards but they are a couple of years away still.
Onitoni Large is a talent. We may see him in 2027-28.
Some other outside backs but they would have to lift a fair way.
As Bula has proven however, you never know unless you try them.

Thought Tallyn did a pretty decent job. Certainly plays faster than Simpkin and his passing game looks sharper. Physically Jake is the better option but he just looks in slow motion with everything he does. TDS looks like the future to me - we bring him on slowly behind Api over the next few seasons and he’ll be a gun for us.
Tigers have their 1 and 9 sorted for the future. Now we need a 6 & 7!!

He looked good. Kind of like Jake Simpkin 2 years ago.

Hopefully he kicks on.

The club needs to stop planning around the next big thing coming through the juniors.

For every Benji, Robbie, or Chris Lawrence, there is a Delouise Hoeter, JJ Felise, Lamar Liolavave, Blake Lazarus or Tuki Simpkins

I think you’ve gone too harsh…It was a solid debut, certainly not shit.
I was surprised how he compared physically to the first graders. He looked a lot skinnier last time I saw him.
He looked comfortable out there and not timid at all. His service was sharp and out in front, he defended well, he played eyes up and he kept alive in attack, backing up Blore’s break.
He’ll be back in two weeks.

I think you are right, shit was too harsh indeed. Emotion of the loss got me there. Really looking forward to Da Silva growing over the next few games.

Roughly 26 mins for TDS

3 runs for 25m
14 tackles (1 missed)
NBWT?

I hope he stays on the bench for the rest of the year to develop for 2024.

The kid has been a winner right through the Juniors. Other Clubs succeed, because they bring Juniors into solid NRL sides. This kid is gonna cop hiding after hiding and if we don't recruit well, his development will stall and just like Tedesco,Moses etc etc etc he will head for the hills.

Back