Stefano Utoikamanu #241

We do need to keep him so I think we will have to stretch and make our absolute best offer to ward off the competition. Maybe his next contract should be slightly different from his current one - he signs for 5 years but we get to dump him if he doesn’t get us to the finals or he doesn’t play SOO!!!!
That’s the same as he is current contract hahaha

So we offer 700k

Penrith/Easts/Storm will offer him 750k and a chance to play finals.
Why would anyone stay?
If he won't consistently have a go while he is here, well he can piss off somewhere else and if he kills it over there then so be it, because it doesn't look like he wants to do it here.

You would think that he would be ripping in regularly to show what he can do to justify a big contract and playing in an under performing team like the Wests Tigers you would think that it wouldn't be too hard to stand out as a current or future star.

It just seems to me that he is lacking something whether it is in his head or in his heart but he is just not living up to the expectations that many had for him.

Believe nothing Gould says. He is the opposition and is saying anything for the benefit of his club and the detriment of ours. He is not with us, he is against us.
Yep. Bulldogs need front rowers and it's in their best interest that WT lowball Stef so he looks elsewhere.

It's amazing how they let a GM of a club influence the media like this.

if we offer 750k and Penrith or Roosters offer 700k then he would be crazy to stay..
we would need to offer 100k or 150k more than those clubs

A random player that offers exactly what he does at half the price? The guy hasnt produced shit since he has been here. He isnt worth more than 700/750 today. Are the Tigers willing to pay overs and buy him for 900 now in the hope he lives up to being that value and then replays the Tigers to stay on for another contract in 4 years time.....I doubt it with Richo around.
Look Stefano hasn't produced nothing, but boy he has under-performed.

Not worth 900k, but I don't see our other options...

Would we go say 1.1m for David Fifita instead? He would be an upgrade but man he hasn't hit potential either and neither are worth the pricetag.

Yet we need a strong front row. .. damn player market.

If the $900k figure is real which i highly doubt, we shouldn't be anywhere near the deal. I like Stef i think he shows huge potential but potential and meeting expectations is another thing. He's worth no where near that not now and probably not in the near future. In time he could be one of the best props in the game and command a fee at the higher end of the scale, he just isnt there yet.

I can't see how we pulled our offer for AFB which was in the same vicinity and who is in the elite conversation and then pay a rookie albeit one of decent potential something similar. I don't think Richo would fall for that and i dare say i really don't put any faith in the numbers the journo's are splashing.

The worst thing about the proposed deal is the length… not the $900k..

Sign him to a three year deal and see if he lives up to it…
At 900k? No Goddamn way. That’s the type of money AFB and JFH probably just signed for.

The worst thing about the proposed deal is the length… not the $900k..

Sign him to a three year deal and see if he lives up to it…

So what do we do?

Sign a 2 year deal for 1 Million a year? Will that keep Stefano on his toes and make him feel unwanted?
OR
Sign a 4 year deal at 800K. Let him feel comfortable...

NOPE, that's not how money works. Stefano is paid a bucketload, 800k 1m, not much difference to him.
Friends.
Playing group
Location and development...

That's going to matter a lot more.

So what do we do?

Sign a 2 year deal for 1 Million a year? Will that keep Stefano on his toes and make him feel unwanted?
OR
Sign a 4 year deal at 800K. Let him feel comfortable...

NOPE, that's not how money works. Stefano is paid a bucketload, 800k 1m, not much difference to him.
Friends.
Playing group
Location and development...

That's going to matter a lot more.
Don't forget we get the last offer over his best offer.
And $600k for Xavier Willison would be a better value. And probably a better prop IMO on current form.

I dont understand why they would make this stuff up --- what is wrong with these people???? Journalism used to be real... the truth...now it just an agenda of something rotten.... what is happening to us???

Back