Soccer Super Thread

On another matter interesting to note Melbourne will not be hosting any Matilda’s games in the Asian Cup we are hosting
Reason, Melbourne says they have enough major events so didn’t bid for it and don’t need it.
Amazing, to me anyway.

Heartbreak for Spurs in the north London derby. Brennan Johnson consols team-mate Yves Bissouma

1714339459833.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BZN
Heartbreak for Spurs in the north London derby. Brennan Johnson consols team-mate Yves Bissouma

View attachment 11828

View attachment 11828
Possession means nothing (63/37% Spurs) if you make defensive errors and fail to do something with it.
Gutting performance and result. Now to Chelsea on Friday then Liverpool Monday with Top4 hopes all but dashed.

• Sad
Reactions: BZN
And just back to Spurs, here's an extract from Ange Postecoglou said after Tottenham's 3-2 defeat to Arsenal - especially in the context of the VAR, which is somewhat what the NRL bunker is:

"What matters is what I've said all along, games are not refereed in the stadium any more.
They are refereed somewhere else and no one will convince me otherwise. It's not even re-refereed, it's refereed somewhere else. That's why I don't celebrate goals any more. I wait for somebody down the road. I just don't think referees in the stadium any more have that authority they used to make decisions.
They just go 'you know what, I'll just wait and see what the bloke down the road thinks'.
It's a shame, I don't like it but it's here to stay and I've got to accept it like everyone else."

1714341271328.jpeg

This week, all of Wellington become Adelaide United supporters.
The Premiers Plate race comes down to the final day of the season.
Here's the equation heading into Central Coast's title-deciding clash with Adelaide:

(PS - Go the Mariners!)

1714395348495.jpeg

This week, all of Wellington become Adelaide United supporters.
The Premiers Plate race comes down to the final day of the season.
Here's the equation heading into Central Coast's title-deciding clash with Adelaide:

(PS - Go the Mariners!)

View attachment 11852
Go Mariners the pride of the Central Coast a draw or a win and are this years minor premiers to go on top of being last years premiers and then play the final of the Asian Football Cup the first Australian team to get this far
The Treble Minor premiers ,Premiers , AFC champions is still on the plate

Go Mariners the pride of the Central Coast a draw or a win and are this years minor premiers to go on top of being last years premiers and then play the final of the Asian Football Cup the first Australian team to get this far
The Treble Minor premiers ,Premiers , AFC champions is still on the plate
I am almost certain the Wanderers won the Asian Champions League in one of their early seasons

The Mariners win 2-0 over Adelaide and finish the season top of the table and win the premiers plate for the 3rd time .They now fly to Oman to play the top Lebanese team in the final of the AFC cup .Then back for the A League semifinal
They will be our only representative in the 2024/2025 Asian Champions League ACL

Back