Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Howarth would have to be the best prospect in the game...

He's wrapped up at the storm long term.
Would take him in a heart beat though.
He looks a super talent.
Storm were unimpressed with him in the offseason. He's on 500k a season and is right down the pecking order currently. Even the likes of Blore and Katoa are ahead of him. I wouldn't put it beyond them to let him go if they don't feel he's a game breaker. They don't pay 500k for solid squaddies.

Reactions: 851
Storm were unimpressed with him in the offseason. He's on 500k a season and is right down the pecking order currently. Even the likes of Blore and Katoa are ahead of him. I wouldn't put it beyond them to let him go if they don't feel he's a game breaker. They don't pay 500k for solid squaddies.
why do you believe the media reports of 500K a year for Howarth but not the media reports of 500k a year for Fainu? Both were untried teens with lots of promise at the time of signing.

If anything, give him a train and trial for the year on $120k so that he is not burning one of our top 30 spots and give him some top ups in brown paper bags to make up the difference.
train and trial contracts are fixed value (from memory $1200/week). You cant offer a 120K t & t. Though if the plan involves brown paper bags then i guess this does not matter.

Is he related to Steve Edmed, I know he has a son that goes okay in Union or has he come across to rugby league?

Buzz alert- he just said on 360 that stefano is not happy at the club. He wants to win a premiership and will most likely move on!
Doesn’t look promising
When will people learn not to listen to that clown?

He used to write articles about Benji going to the Roosters when he was playing.

Maybe he'll stay maybe he won't but people should know better than to listen to people who don't know.

Not a good look at all for the Head Coach to be on holiday during the season. Surely he can plan around the season. September looks free.
Why is that specifically? No game until 7th June and half the clubs have a bye.

Benji probably hasnt had a break since January.

So please dont ever be in charge of my annual leave.

1. Would people prefer the junior forwards get their chance to step up & the Money from Stef be used to sign a gun centre like Cobbo (not likely as broncos will prioritise him) or Staggs?
Or
2. Try sign another fringe/future origin prop to replace him? Not saying both couldn’t happen but a guy like Staggs with individual brilliance could really turn the attack around & will still only be 27 when off contract for 2026. Would go from 1 of the worst back lines in the comp 2024 to one of the best in 2026 IMO
1.Bula
2.Turuva
3.Staggs
4.Olam (If his body isn’t cooked yet)
5. ?? (Possibly Whatever Jnr develops best over next year or that UK winger someone posted here looked good too)
6.Galvin
7.Luai

I know people will say there is enough money for both but just a fun hypothetical if Sullivan + others couldn’t be offloaded which isn’t that unrealistic with his contract

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back