Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Why, he wanted to go.
Because regardless any player movements are finalised by the preceding club paying out the remainder of the contract. You can’t tell me; Ice and his manager would ‘walk away from a year on $750 and sign for much less. Panthers have probably signed him for a decent amount probably $550 -$600.
We would be making up the rest for 25.

Because regardless any player movements are finalised by the preceding club paying out the remainder of the contract. You can’t tell me; Ice and his manager would ‘walk away from a year on $750 and sign for much less. Panthers have probably signed him for a decent amount probably $550 -$600.
Bullshit. Clubs top up contracts cos they have to entice another club to sign the player. Ice is not one of those players.

Who out of Campbell or Kini would the Titans be most likely to grant a release with Brimson’s massive new extension?
Could Campbell want to leave and get out of his Dads shadow?
I’d kind of prefer Kini. Very decent player and QUICK.

Bullshit. Clubs top up contracts cos they have to entice another club to sign the player. Ice is not one of those players.
So you reckon the Panthers have signed him for $750?
They may of had Fish’s 1mil but they are not stupid. Part of that will go to upgrades of the existing squad.

So you reckon the Panthers have signed him for $750?
They may of had Fish’s 1mil but they are not stupid. Part of that will go to upgrades of the existing squad.
Why is it that far fetched? They have cap space and they wanted to sign Fifita.

Reactions: 851
Why is it that far fetched? They have cap space and they wanted to sign Fifita.
Ok so Fifita valued on the open market at 1mil.
The panthers were offering $850k less 150k his asking.
You’re suggesting they are just going to Pay IPap what he wants because it is still less than the Fifita deal.
No chance.

You’re suggesting they are just going to Pay IPap what he wants because it is still less than the Fifita deal.
No chance.
I can see Papali’i going great at the Panthers.
He will cover edge or middle and good physicality, I can see why they were keen to get him.
I bet they would not have the slightest interest in Bateman.

No chance.
You’re suggesting that we have to top up the contract of a player who requested a release.

Requested a release, granted
Signed with a new club, accepted

Surely we aren't losing any $$ here
I don’t know for sure if we’re paying some of his salary for next year but if we are I can kinda see it happening. When we took Naden from the Dogs they were paying part of his salary the first year, can’t remember if they did for the second year and Klemmer last year was being paid by the Knights as well but obviously we paid most of it. If we’re chipping in 100-150K of his salary for next year I can see that happening although I hope that’s not the case, but I can see it if it is.

You’re suggesting that we have to top up the contract of a player who requested a release.
No not topped up. Who is topped up? We simply would finalise the contract that existed. That’s what happens when a player is released early. The only time the exisiting club is not paying the former players contract is if they leave for MORE money. Simples.

I can see Papali’i going great at the Panthers.
He will cover edge or middle and good physicality, I can see why they were keen to get him.
I bet they would not have the slightest interest in Bateman.
I see papalii playing a ‘similar’ game to Martin with Penrith

I was abit surprised the release wasn't contingent on us finding a replacement first. Perhaps we did and it hasn't been announced yet, though it is abit strange.
Yes it surprised me we have been told richo is a top shelf administrator, he should have told papali, your free to go but not till 26 when your contact expires here, real pascoe stuff actually

I don’t know for sure if we’re paying some of his salary for next year but if we are I can kinda see it happening. When we took Naden from the Dogs they were paying part of his salary the first year, can’t remember if they did for the second year and Klemmer last year was being paid by the Knights as well but obviously we paid most of it. If we’re chipping in 100-150K of his salary for next year I can see that happening although I hope that’s not the case, but I can see it if it is.
That’s my thoughts as well. We would throw in 100-150k due to the rediculous ratchet clause that we agreed to at the time of his signing.

Yes it surprised me we have been told richo is a top shelf administrator, he should have told papali, your free to go but not till 26 when your contact expires here, real pascoe stuff actually
Why? Even given him a little bit on the cap next year we still free up 600k for another player.

How come we are paying part of his contract with Penrith, didn't he request a release?

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Back