Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Do we know that ? The CEO hasn't said so ? And if Bateman doesn't want to go back yet ??

You mean the CEO hasn’t come out and publicly named the players he is shopping around?

let’s wait and see what happens … the whole situation of him taking this trip is at best very unusual …

Ethan Strange is better than both Galvin and Latu at this stage. Shame he is not here instead.

Its hard to judge Latu given he has been injured and has not played 5/8. They both have potential, Galvin appears slow and as his body fills out more and more muscle goes on the frame I'm not so sure he will remain in the halves.
I think in a few years Galvin might become a backrower, unfortunately he just doesn’t have the speed that is needed to be a half full time. Unless he’s willing to try and get his speed up I reckon by 2027 at the latest he’ll be a backrower. Galvin is still our best 6 for now but I think if Latu can remain injury free he’ll be our half with Luai by 2026-27.

That's a fair amount of money off contract.

We have to punt Ice, but it is a crap look for us when a talented player comes here and goes backwards.

that's over 1.5m we can play with. We should be able to hire some strong forwards and muscle as we need to replace Ice.

IMHO, this is not the time to punt Bateman. Sure if we could upgrade him, but I don't think there is anyone on the market we could upgrade him too.

If we loose too many in the front row. Good forwards won't come here to be a punching bag.
All forwards are punching bags, they do it because they want to make space for the backs.
That is where we let them down!

You mean the CEO hasn’t come out and publicly named the players he is shopping around?

let’s wait and see what happens … the whole situation of him taking this trip is at best very unusual …
Unusual when compared with our last CEO and Pascoe, yes.
But a hands on approach is like this is a breath of fresh air at the moment. Richo our best salesman?
Effort and future planning being played out I imagine [ and successfully, fingers crossed]

He is 19 years old …and been here only for a few months … gotta give him a chance …there are guys in their early 20s who have been here for years that seem as far away from NRL standard as ever ..

i was also under the impression that he “develops “ into the $500k a year deal down the road..I thought he was on $250k this season ..

The hamstrings are a concern though … he has been hampered by that since he got here and that can be tough to shake… not a great injury to have at a young age …
Fainu was earning about $300k at manly I’m surprised he would move to the wooden spooners for $50k less than what he was on. I can believe he isn’t on $500k yet & will be upgraded as the years progress but does anyone have a link or remember an article saying $250k?

Unusual when compared with our last CEO and Pascoe, yes.
But a hands on approach is like this is a breath of fresh air at the moment. Richo our best salesman?
Effort and future planning being played out I imagine [ and successfully, fingers crossed]

Something needs to change so I don’t hate it …

Although it does seem at cross purposes with other comments he has made about how 80 percent of the team is already present at the club ..and develop from within etc… this is a very slow way to turn around a club like ours and he has now been there long enough to assess all the younger talent already there …so perhaps he may have changed his mind about this ..

Look at the end of the day… I just want them to win more football games …it’s the only thing that matters ..everything else is just fluff … whatever it takes to make this happen I’m fine with …

I think in a few years Galvin might become a backrower, unfortunately he just doesn’t have the speed that is needed to be a half full time. Unless he’s willing to try and get his speed up I reckon by 2027 at the latest he’ll be a backrower. Galvin is still our best 6 for now but I think if Latu can remain injury free he’ll be our half with Luai by 2026-27.
Richo has said that Galvin reminds him of John Sutton. Debuted as teenagers in the backline for struggling/wooden spoon clubs. Sutton played 5/8 during his 2nd season and then was shifted to lock towards the end of his 3rd season. Similar body shapes, ball skills & speed from memory.

We'll give Latu all the time he needs.

2026 we'll be in a better spot to ascertain both their long-term positions.

The

Is playing like a sub on a reserve grade side. He has no reason to be in the team. Sione in his limited impact has a larger impact on the game then Bateman has all year barring two games where he was good in patches

Where's the data for that?

They play (Totally) different positions,
And you have 1 game for Sione to reference from.

Last edited:
Fainu was earning about $300k at manly I’m surprised he would move to the wooden spooners for $50k less than what he was on. I can believe he isn’t on $500k yet & will be upgraded as the years progress but does anyone have a link or remember an article saying $250k?

Common sense will serve you no purpose here my friend....

There are spots though. Both 5/8 if Galvin goes to lock. Or lock if Galvin stays at 5/8. Both perfect positions for them once healthy. A great situation to be. But you want to throw the cot when he hasn't even had the chance to play healthy in a position he has played in.

Hating just to hate on a 19 year old.

One minute you're saying he's not performing because of been played out of position,
The next we're moving him (Out of position) to accommodate him.....
make up your mind?

I've seen enough of Latu to know the quality in him,
But there's a dogged determination, a will to compete and a voice in Galvin that I've not seen in Latu...
So my egg is in the Galvin basket...

Galvin and Luai are my halves moving forward, Both are contracted for a few years and I don't see a spot when fit (In the halves) for Latu.... I don't see him wanting to play back up for the next 4 years, and I don't see him not getting poached in that time.

Apologise if that's all too 'conclusive' for you...
I don't hate the kid at all, I can't wait to see him fire....
I just don't see a situation where they're both on our books (In their preferred position)
in the next 3 years.

You inventing one, Doesn't make it real for everyone else....

Closest thing I can find now is an Article quoting our media mate Hooper …who says it “averages “ $500k a year … would suggest that it probably means they are less than that now and it will increase over time … seems they did something similar with Ice’s deal,,,

Now I had heard the figure was $250k for this season about six months ago …but I’m not going to say that is fact …even Hooper in this article doesnt seem to know for certain what the go is

Probably means that down the track they are on $700-$750 k per year as time goes by ..making it even harder to move them on you would think

Hopefully Richo can offload Twal while he's in the UK(dont see it happening). Nice guy, but every time he takes a hit up I'm like meh, another wasted hit up. We can't have world beaters in every position but we won't win many games with big powder puffs that can't win the middle battle.

Something needs to change so I don’t hate it …

Although it does seem at cross purposes with other comments he has made about how 80 percent of the team is already present at the club ..and develop from within etc… this is a very slow way to turn around a club like ours and he has now been there long enough to assess all the younger talent already there …so perhaps he may have changed his mind about this ..

Look at the end of the day… I just want them to win more football games …it’s the only thing that matters ..everything else is just fluff … whatever it takes to make this happen I’m fine with …
Perhaps with more time with his feet under the desk he has realised how big the job really is. What really worries me is all the talk of signing players like Bateman while Sheens was around on Benjis approval, now 18 months later apparently Benji doesn't approve anymore and he needs to go. Wtf is going on.

I’m backing Latu longer term.
Write him off all you like the kid has it & will prove a few wrong.
All really depends on his injuries, I give the kid a hard time about his hamstring for a laugh but once he gets over these niggling injuries he could be a stalwart in the team for years. Look at Benji with his shoulders, once he bulked up and recovered he was fine and the injuries in the early part of his career probarbly prolonged his career a bit.

He is also one of the players that repeatedly does dumb things to give away penalties etc
That's the area of his game that riles me. I like his enthusiasm even though he's not that effective at times. If everyone had that enthusiasm I think we'd be a much better team. Players like Ice let us down with their lack of playing at 100 percent.

Everyone just remember that the talk we are shopping Bateman, Sullivan, Naden & any others is purely speculation based the assumption of Chammas in the SMH & his rivals at DT.

Everyone just running with it because a) we believe in our opinions they are bad contracts or b) they seem the logical ones.

If anyone has a reputable source, please jump in.

Everyone just remember that the talk we are shopping Bateman, Sullivan, Naden & any others is purely speculation based the assumption of Chammas in the SMH & his rivals at DT.

Everyone just running with it because a) we believe in our opinions they are bad contracts or b) they seem the logical ones.

If anyone has a reputable source, please jump in.
No one will have info nowadays mate because there's no more leaks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back