Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

he is 18 man this week with Ice in the team? who else are you promoting into the Topn16 to take Ice’s spot

Ice is our starting back rower, So Probably another back back rower....

If you're talking about next year (When Ice isn't here) Ask me then....
But I'd bet the answer won't be Sione (Or any other middle Forward)

Ice is our starting back rower, So Probably another back back rower....

If you're talking about next year (When Ice isn't here) Ask me then....
But I'd bet the answer won't be Sione (Or any other middle Forward)

Who ? Name your name ? You just said there were 5 better a moment ago

It will be the guy they have as 18th man this week

Reactions: 851
We can't lose his brothers too Samuela has been our best player. Latu is still going to be a prodigy and Sione played well and young as too.

It is absolutely stupid to think about ditching Latu.

You guys hate to hate. Blaming a player who is injured, out of position, young, and inexperienced. Its quite sad to be honest
if latu wants to play in the halves and so does Galvin, they can't both be here in years to come now we have luai

Who ? Name your name ? You just said there were 5 better a moment ago

It will be the guy they have as 18th man this week
Klemmer, Utoikamanu, Pole, Twal, Sam Fainu, and Seyfarth are all better middle forwards in the Squad
than Sione Fainu (Atm) - That's 6

You might be a Sione fan (or his best mate)
But I don't know anyone, Who'd be looking to replace an edge backrower - With a middle forward
(who's not even as good a player as the other middle forwards in the Squad)

It's just maths...
Does he play wing should we get short there too?

Klemmer, Utoikamanu, Pole, Twal, Sam Fainu, and Seyfarth are all better middle forwards in the Squad
than Sione Fainu (Atm) - That's 6

You might be a Sione fan (or his best mate)
But I don't know anyone, Who'd be looking to replace an edge backrower - With a middle forward
(who's not as good a player as the other middle forwards in the Squad)

It's just maths...
Does he play wing should we get short there too?

Aren’t they all in the 17 this week?

to replace a guy in the 17 … you need to bring in a guy currently outside the 17…

it’s just maths

Reactions: 851
Aren’t they all in the 17 this week?

to replace a guy in the 17 … you need to bring in a guy currently outside the 17…

it’s just maths

What happens when Bateman is back?
Ice Out 'next year' Bateman in...
Still no top 17 spot 'on an edge' for a middle forward....

Next?

edit: I really don't know why you keep talking about replacing an International Back Rower,
With a reserve grade middle forward....

But if you could stop, It would be way more funner....

What happens when Bateman is back?
Ice Out 'next year' Bateman in...
Still no top 17 spot 'on an edge' for a middle forward....

Next?

Time will tell if they keep picking Bateman … deserves to be dropped on current form

We have Doueihi off contract saving us $600,000 also Ice which saves us $750,000 as he asked for the release, other players off contract are Simpkin, Kepaoa,we also save $350,000 on Noffas contract as we are paying him $ 150, 000 for this year & next plus Toupou which saves us a bit & a few others off contract. I can also see us getting rid of a few players which might help a bit hopefully.
That's a fair amount of money off contract.

We have to punt Ice, but it is a crap look for us when a talented player comes here and goes backwards.

that's over 1.5m we can play with. We should be able to hire some strong forwards and muscle as we need to replace Ice.

IMHO, this is not the time to punt Bateman. Sure if we could upgrade him, but I don't think there is anyone on the market we could upgrade him too.

If we loose too many in the front row. Good forwards won't come here to be a punching bag.

Ethan Strange is better than both Galvin and Latu at this stage. Shame he is not here instead.

Its hard to judge Latu given he has been injured and has not played 5/8. They both have potential, Galvin appears slow and as his body fills out more and more muscle goes on the frame I'm not so sure he will remain in the halves.

Yeah they just love Bateman at present …

So much that the CEO has just taken an urgent mid week flight to the UK to try to unload him..,

Sounds like a guy very much in their plans

See Above.....

In no world - Are they (Or anyone else with a Brain) replacing 'Either' Current International Edge Forward,
With your reserve Grade Middle Forward....

I'm sorry, They're just not.

Right now, It's Sullivan for me....
If Doueihi sticks around (In another position) then Latu is next for mine...
He'd be decent back up, But decent back up (In the halves) shouldn't cost more than 300k

Could also squeeze a couple more years out of Sezer on a lower contract for back up next year..
I think Sezer is the decent backup, not Doueihi

The one thing we have seen is that Sezer, has done a job of a halfback. Sure a poorer job then other halfbacks, but we actually see him act as a halfback.

Having him around means Luai and others can actually benefit from experience. I also think a crusier ride may suit Sezer.

See Above.....

In no world - Are they (Or anyone else with a Brain) replacing 'Either' Current International Edge Forward,

I'm sorry, They're just no

All I said he is in their Top 17…when Ice gets moved on …looking at the current squad

Good chance Bateman has played his last game for the WT …certainly wouldn’t surprise me if Sione plays more games than him the rest of this season …

the reality is, Fully fit - There's no spot for him here for the next few years.
There are spots though. Both 5/8 if Galvin goes to lock. Or lock if Galvin stays at 5/8. Both perfect positions for them once healthy. A great situation to be. But you want to throw the cot when he hasn't even had the chance to play healthy in a position he has played in.

Hating just to hate on a 19 year old.

See Above.....

I'm sorry, They're just not.
The
"Current International Edge Forward"
Is playing like a sub on a reserve grade side. He has no reason to be in the team. Sione in his limited impact has a larger impact on the game then Bateman has all year barring two games where he was good in patches

Latest posts

Members online

Back