Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We have Doueihi off contract saving us $600,000 also Ice which saves us $750,000 as he asked for the release, other players off contract are Simpkin, Kepaoa,we also save $350,000 on Noffas contract as we are paying him $ 150, 000 for this year & next plus Toupou which saves us a bit & a few others off contract. I can also see us getting rid of a few players which might help a bit hopefully.

WTF is wrong with you.

Blame Benji, he's the one who keeps picking him completely out of position, and refuses to give him the opportunity to get fitness up in Cup. The kid still has 2-3 years eligible for Flegg ffs
You again? Geez Tito’s under your skin isn’t he? Gold!

What data are you using to make such a statement?
Right now, It's Sullivan for me....
If Doueihi sticks around (In another position) then Latu is next for mine...
He'd be decent back up, But decent back up (In the halves) shouldn't cost more than 300k

Could also squeeze a couple more years out of Sezer on a lower contract for back up next year..

I’m going to call it, I think Latu is probably surplus to needs on 500K. I’d back Galvin in.

He is 19 years old …and been here only for a few months … gotta give him a chance …there are guys in their early 20s who have been here for years that seem as far away from NRL standard as ever ..

i was also under the impression that he “develops “ into the $500k a year deal down the road..I thought he was on $250k this season ..

The hamstrings are a concern though … he has been hampered by that since he got here and that can be tough to shake… not a great injury to have at a young age …

Right now, It's Sullivan for me....
If Doueihi sticks around (In another position) then Latu is next for mine...
He'd be decent back up, But decent back up (In the halves) shouldn't cost more than 300k

Could also squeeze a couple more years out of Sezer on a lower contract for back up next year..

Be prepared to lose the brother(s) as well … package deal

I don't think reserve grade standard players on $500K a year are going to "walk away" from the gravy train.
And as others have pointed out this is the problem with having to spend the salary cap. We've got a fleet of Holden Commodores with underperforming motors, defects that can't be diagnosed, or a zillion ks on the clock and can't seem to change the situation.

We can't lose his brothers too Samuela has been our best player. Latu is still going to be a prodigy and Sione played well and young as too.

It is absolutely stupid to think about ditching Latu.

You guys hate to hate. Blaming a player who is injured, out of position, young, and inexperienced. Its quite sad to be honest

The hamstrings are a concern though … he has been hampered by that since he got here and that can be tough to shake… not a great injury to have at a young age …
Had it well before he got here, Been a problem for the best part of a year at 2 different clubs.
There's only one of them that losing wouldn't be ideal, And we don't even really know what he is yet
(Or if losing him could be a reality)
Sione has been here years away from the other 2(3)

Had it well before he got here, Been a problem for the best part of a y

There's only one of them that losing wouldn't be ideal, And we don't even really know what he is yet
(Or if losing him could be a reality)
Sione has been here years away from the other 2(3)

Losing any of them is pure speculation at this point … I know their agent Moses will use any leverage he can though ..

Sione is in the best 17 at the club at the moment with Ice being moved on

You guys hate to hate. Blaming a player who is injured, out of position, young, and inexperienced. Its quite sad to be honest

You say he's young and being played out of position....
Where's he playing next year? Or the year after?
(Going off the username, You're thinking the same as most)

You can't cite him being played out of position, When that's likely his only option here.

the reality is, Fully fit - There's no spot for him here for the next few years.
And if we're paying anywhere near 500k for him at any time to play second fiddle in the halves
That's not good business.

You say he's young and being played out of position....
Where's he playing next year? Or the year after?
(Going off the username, You're thinking the same as most)

You can't cite him being played out of position, When that's likely his only option here.

the reality is, Fully fit - There's no spot for him here for the next few years.
And if we're paying anywhere near 500k for him at any time to play second fiddle in the halves
That's not good business.

Galvin will probably sign elsewhere a week after they let Latu go…

Teddy and Paps all over again

Losing any of them is pure speculation at this point … I know their agent Moses will use any leverage he can though ..

Sione is in the best 17 at the club at the moment with Ice being moved on

Your best 17 maybe....
You say he's in the best 17 (At the moment) with Ice moving on, but Ice is still here - How's that work?

He's not in the best 5 middles at the club at the moment, And doubt he would be next year either
(Unless he all of a sudden displays ability he so far hasn't)

Your best 17 maybe....
You say he's in the best 17 (At the moment) with Ice moving on, but Ice is still here - How's that work?

He's not in the best 5 middles at the club at the moment, And doubt he would be next year either
(Unless he all of a sudden displays ability he so far hasn't)

he is 18 man this week with Ice in the team? who else are you promoting into the Top 17 to take Ice’s spot?

Just cause Sione is a below average player doesn’t mean it can’t be reality

Galvin will probably sign elsewhere a week after they let Latu go…

Teddy and Paps all over again

So we'll let Latu go, Lachie will sign elsewhere....

And Latu will come good in NRL in 3-4 years time
But will be injury prone from thereon out?

I can live with that...

Back