Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Luai can kick long but I don't think it would be smart to make it constant. Galvin has got a big boot but I think he's a better runner than kicker. Which is why if they are both together they should share it rather than have an unbalanced combination. Still waiting to see Fainu have a good crack
I’m going to call it, I think Latu is probably surplus to needs on 500K. I’d back Galvin in.

And they'll all come to the Tigers who are a basket case with little prospects of enhancing their careers and who'll be shopped with their manage knowing once the downward spiral starts.
history suggests that may be the case, but let's look at the flipside. Jarome Luai is a brilliant get that enhances our position in the market, will drive culture and lift standards. Sunia Turuva is an outstanding outside back prospect that agreed to join us. Fonua Pole, Samuela Fainu, Jahream Bula, Lachlan Galvin and Stefano Utoikamanu are an excellent young nucelus. Api Koroisau is the best hooker in the game, while Justin Olam, David Klemmer and Alex Twal provide experience and genuine first grade quality.

throw in Shane Richardson, who is regarded as probably the best rugby league executive in the world, and Benji Marshall, who has immense pulling power with the current generation and we don't actually look too bad. I haven't even mentioned the prospects in the lower grades, many of which will play 200 odd NRL games.

while we have been a graveyard for many players over the years, has our biggest issue simply been we've been identifying and signing the wrong players? 13 years without finals indicates as much. Richardson has already signed Luai and Turuva. I'll back him over anyone we've had in that time.

I’m going to call it, I think Latu is probably surplus to needs on 500K. I’d back Galvin in.
Latu can cover the halves and 9. He's the perfect 14 rolling forward and keeps pressure on our halves. Plus, his bro is playing well and we don't want to rock that.

Quality competition for spots is very important.

What we don't need is another one in Sullivan. Latu would be my choice.

If the club feels some players need to be moved for success well I won't argue. The MSN article indicates Richardson is off to the UK or ate least talking to clubs about moving players on. Obviously there is a plan.

if you were Isaac Moses you will play out Galvin's contract the same as Talagi
When Galvin comes off contract he will be the hottest 6 on the game
it would be negligent for his manager to sign an extension and not to test the waters
Penrith
roosters
may well be on the lookout of a good 6
which is why we should offer him a long term contract, not necessarily big money. I have no doubts Galvin will be valuable as a half, lock, centre, even second rower. Can't overthink this

Reactions: 851
If we could take some of Papali'i's money and give it to Blaze Talagi to be our long-term centre, that would be nice.
A backline of
1. Bula
2. Turuva
3. Talagi
4. Olam
5. (recruit)
6. Galvin
7. Luai

would be dynamic! However I think our cap is relatively tight even with Paps money considering we would still need to recruit some more depth in the back row. Dragons are also going to be offering Lomax money to Blaze Talagi which might put them ahead of what we could offer.

Never heard of it, do you spend much time on there? I know you’re upset about the pending government decision to ban kids your age from social media, but it may not happen.
Well why I are you saying Penrith should be looking at them?

Richo moving very quickly. Papali'i gone, Sullivan, Naden, Staines and Bateman all in the gun. wouldn't surprise me if guys like Faagutu and Saukuru were also on the chopping block given the imbalance of experience as well.

while we're likely going to have to pay some freight to ship off the first four I mentioned, it gives us roster spots and cap space to recalibrate the roster correctly with experience and quality.

I'm not sure who and what we're looking for, but there is quality throughout England and if there's anyone who knows how to spot it, it's Richo.
Well, have to say it seems theyve had enough. Remember Benji said in a recent match press conference that the players have been told what to do and theyre not, so changes will be made. Wish I could find the quote but I know it was recent. In the end actions / inactions have consequences. Good on Benji and Richo.

history suggests that may be the case, but let's look at the flipside. Jarome Luai is a brilliant get that enhances our position in the market, will drive culture and lift standards. Sunia Turuva is an outstanding outside back prospect that agreed to join us. Fonua Pole, Samuela Fainu, Jahream Bula, Lachlan Galvin and Stefano Utoikamanu are an excellent young nucelus. Api Koroisau is the best hooker in the game, while Justin Olam, David Klemmer and Alex Twal provide experience and genuine first grade quality.

throw in Shane Richardson, who is regarded as probably the best rugby league executive in the world, and Benji Marshall, who has immense pulling power with the current generation and we don't actually look too bad. I haven't even mentioned the prospects in the lower grades, many of which will play 200 odd NRL games.

while we have been a graveyard for many players over the years, has our biggest issue simply been we've been identifying and signing the wrong players? 13 years without finals indicates as much. Richardson has already signed Luai and Turuva. I'll back him over anyone we've had in that time.
Unless the results come, Luai will be heckled here for the $ he's on and the results we get. If Stefano stays there might be some upside but Penrith will still be around what we can offer and there prospects with Papali would be enhanced. Both Papaili and Stefano will make up for Fisher-Harris.

Back