Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Who do we think Wayne Bennett will take to the Rabbits?

I reckon short odds 3 off-contract Dophins who will follow are Kodi Nikorima, Euan Aiken & Ray Stone. Seem to be Bennett favourites. Maybe Tesi Niu a consideration.
Bit of chatter around JMK too,

He can talk from Nov
Might seek an early release 🤷‍♂️

Who do we think Wayne Bennett will take to the Rabbits?

I reckon short odds 3 off-contract Dophins who will follow are Kodi Nikorima, Euan Aiken & Ray Stone. Seem to be Bennett favourites. Maybe Tesi Niu a consideration.
Wayne has promised Dolphins he will not take any of there players to Souths

Latu has played out of position and clearly has been hampered by his hamstring injury.

Once he overcomes the injury and he gets an opportunity in the halves, hopefully you'll see his promise. As a junior, he was a better prospect than Galvin.
Agreed. I remember the same chatter about Mitch Moses when Brooks hit the NRL first. Moses is injury prone, he'll get snapped in first grade, blah blah blah. We all know what happened there.

If Latu's career is looked after properly he'll more than prove himself.

The dogs have grabbed a inform front rower amone , having watched the super league , he has been killing it , we are in need of a big frontrower yet other teams just make better decisions than us , maybe we are so pig headed that our juniors will come good that we are missing out

The dogs have grabbed a inform front rower amone , having watched the super league , he has been killing it , we are in need of a big frontrower yet other teams just make better decisions than us , maybe we are so pig headed that our juniors will come good that we are missing out
Tom Amone? Yeah I'm sure he'll solve our problems.

I think we should have a conversation with Ali Leiataua from the Wahs. Strong, tall and young centre who is stuck behind RTS and Rocco Berry and can start negotiating at the end of this season since 25 would be his last year. Could also try for early release for next season

Innes Senior might be one worth looking at out of the old dart. 23 this year and off contract, he's 194cm and over 100 kegs and has 10 tries in 11 games this year for lowly placed Castleford. busts plenty of tackles and looks to average around ten metres a hitup via SL stats. 13 linebreaks too, might I add.

@Todd Packer you watch plenty more SL than I, is he worth a look?

100% this is what’s happening , we are stuck in this rut waiting for these super kids , Galvin is one but we need super kids now to play Prop , centre , lock , wing , I’m not sure we have them , pathways is rubbish winning comps is what it’s about , but we live in hope in tiger town

Innes Senior might be one worth looking at out of the old dart. 23 this year and off contract, he's 194cm and over 100 kegs and has 10 tries in 11 games this year for lowly placed Castleford. busts plenty of tackles and looks to average around ten metres a hitup via SL stats. 13 linebreaks too, might I add.

@Todd Packer you watch plenty more SL than I, is he worth a look?
I haven’t seen him play, but that’s the type of body shape and dynamic we should be targeting.
I like Jeral Skelton and Sam Stonestreet for the same reasons, but this bloke could be interesting.

100% this is what’s happening , we are stuck in this rut waiting for these super kids , Galvin is one but we need super kids now to play Prop , centre , lock , wing , I’m not sure we have them , pathways is rubbish winning comps is what it’s about , but we live in hope in tiger town
I like Tom Amone and think he will be a very good pick up for the Bulldogs.
In saying this he’s definitely not as good as Stef and it’s arguable if he’s got as much upside as Sione Fainu.
I think if we retain Stef & Sione and with the emergence of hopefully a much fitter Jordan Miller and one or two other emerging middle forward hopefuls, I don’t think lack of props are our problem.
I do believe we need players with much better leg speed than what we currently to have playing as our 13 and as our edge forwards.

Tom Amone? Yeah I'm sure he'll solve our problems.
So ur idea is to say the above dribble , that’s really going to help , he is a big body and yes he played with us a few years back but he has come on in leaps and bounds, maybe u need to watch him before putting him down .

So ur idea is to say the above dribble , that’s really going to help , he is a big body and yes he played with us a few years back but he has come on in leaps and bounds, maybe u need to watch him before putting him down .
He was a good player when he was with us, we didn’t give him the opportunity he deserved.
My question is are we really lacking with go forward in the middle ? I don’t think we are and think it’s the least of our problems.
Sione Fainu is a similar body shape to Tom Amone, potentially a better player, but he’s off contract and we need to retain he and big Stef, otherwise we will struggle up front.

Back