Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Quite the interesting development this morning. Fifita has activated his player option at the Titans for the next 2 years.

Backflipped on the Roosters
Sure has.
How funny is the NRL media! They ran the narrative hook line and sinker.
I won’t hold my breath, but I now want to see the media give themselves and the roosters the same stick they would give WT.

Last edited:
Well with Fifita no longer an option they’ll re-sign Angus easily now. Didn’t think he was gonna leave anyway but this had made it easier for them.

Reactions: 851
So the Roosters withdrew their offer.
When you look at the output from Fifita compared to the output of the player they risked losing and the depth they already have in the backrow - hard to understand why in the first place.

A fit AD would be an asset to this side at centre, can float around a little like Lomax. He is good in the air and carries 2/3 defenders when he is running strongly. Can also score close to the line. Balmain junior, worth the risk IMO.

I don’t rate AD as a Center … he Is too slow and I dont believe he has the power you are saying … I think he is a reasonable 6 actually if back to his best … of course that is one of the few positions we have some depth already .. so he is not really a good fit for us next year ..

I don’t rate AD as a Center … he Is too slow and I dont believe he has the power you are saying … I think he is a reasonable 6 actually if back to his best … of course that is one of the few positions we have some depth already .. so he is not really a good fit for us next year ..
At the end of the day we are going to see it happen, so why don't we just give it time to play out? Our back depth is horrendous this year and he will be slotting into the right centre roll.

He can certainly skittle some defenders when he runs the ball AM.
As soon as he can get fit enough to not be a defensive liability he will be an asset at NRL level.
As someone who has watched Miller in SG and KOE I find his effort is not there. Finds himself being lazy in defence and will lack effort getting to the man. Great ball runner on his day but doesn't play massive minutes. Laulili is where it's at not Miller.

We were never in the race for Angus. Tupouniua is more our speed. And he’s been told he can look for another a club. Could easily see us in the hunt fir him.
More our speed ..because there are question marks over his fitness moving forward and you would need be to be desperate

Roosters pull Fifita offer, Queensland star set to stay put​

Story by Billie Eder and Michael Chammas
• 33m • 2 min read

Reactions: 851
Back