Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Add to the exit list
Bud , Seyfarts , Twally and 6 or seven from our reserve grade , there is no other way for us to go , we can’t keep flogging players who are not up to it , and yes we have had clean outs but just went and purchased crap all over again , new people in charge may be able to sort this a bit ,
young Blaze would be a great pick up for centre or we just go head hunt player we need from the spot we need
Wing , Centre , Wing , Back Row/ lock ( Papai was ok ) big hard running prop
Wish everyone would stop banging on about recruiting Blaze, he’s not going anywhere. He will take the fullback spot as soon as Gutho is sent out to pasture! It’s just that shithead mAna get squeezing the rock for more blood.

Lenny Pascoe ?

One hell of a cricketer back in the day…( yes folks … I’m old enough to remember him ..)
Spent a sunny afternoon wagging school at the SCG - NSW vs. ???
We had the chant - Spasso, Spasso, Spasso going all afternoon. (Apologies to those who are offended - it wasn't 'bad' at the time, and yes, very high school boy humour).

Wish everyone would stop banging on about recruiting Blaze, he’s not going anywhere. He will take the fullback spot as soon as Gutho is sent out to pasture! It’s just that shithead mAna get squeezing the rock for more blood.
Like I said would be a great pick up BUT we go shopping for palyers in position we need

We meed a quality centre and winer,and at least one hard runnung prop
Forget Crighton # 800k
I know we need these type of layers, but there is none available.
You can only recruit what is available, hence the reason a lot of the recruitment in every club is young up and comers or players currently not getting much NRL opportunity.
Generally teams need to harness and create their own home grown superstars and supplement them with bargain basement buys to fill in the blanks.
Melbourne and Penrith have been doing this very well hence their recent success.

Kayal Iro is one we need to be targeting for next year.
He’s always only played left centre, same as Olam.
No point having 2 left centres, we need a right centre, ideally someone who who big, talk, strong, fast and a good reliable defender.
I think I know someone who fits the above criteria, is also a very good goal kicker and was available to sign not so long ago, but of course he signed elsewhere.
Some will say Turuva is our answer at right centre. Very good ball runner and a classy attacking player, but one on one defence is not his strong point and it woukd be an obvious target for opposing teams by having he and Olam who would be far and away the shortest centre combination in the NRL.
If we are looking at team balance with height and size etc taken into consideration, Turuva should only play either right wing with a tall right centre next to him or at fullback while we also have Olam in the team.
The Storm never played other short players in their 2-5 while Olam was playing for them.
The aerial side of the game is crucial in the current game.

Richo has come out and stated that our recruiting for 25 is complete I'm hoping he's woken up this morning and rethinking that, a few players need to be told to look around, I wouldn't be resigning Stefano, with fanua Blake Shire bound, I'd be looking there to see who has to stand aside, same at the chooks, there's talk about pressure on Angus Crighton with fafita coming, but as they do they'll manage to fit him under there expansive cap, with vilandys blessing of course, Xavier willison was impressive Friday night, I'd be asking him if he'd be interested in a starting spot with us, but firstly, Naden, Seyfarth, stains klemmer and Bateman need to be sold off

I know he said that, but I was kind of hoping he was throwing out a red herring. He can’t exactly say we’re looking at shifting on contract players, maybe if 1 or 2 slots become available we sign someone of need if they are available.
Sometimes I wish we would take the Gus approach sign players and move others on afterwards, but that’s not exactly responsible and we’d probably get hammered by the NRL for it.

I know we need these type of layers, but there is none available.
You can only recruit what is available, hence the reason a lot of the recruitment in every club is young up and comers or players currently not getting much NRL opportunity.
Generally teams need to harness and create their own home grown superstars and supplement them with bargain basement buys to fill in the blanks.
Melbourne and Penrith have been doing this very well hence their recent success.
No argument with any of this...but theres a bunch of guys at other clubs on the fringes,arent gettung a go,or are blocked by a star....or who are just simply underpaid,
and as has been done to us many,many times,they have managers who can agitate for a release
Richos smart..in him I trust
But hes got an awful lot on his plate,not the least of which is punting the duds from our roster to make space

Richo has come out and stated that our recruiting for 25 is complete I'm hoping he's woken up this morning and rethinking that, a few players need to be told to look around, I wouldn't be resigning Stefano, with fanua Blake Shire bound, I'd be looking there to see who has to stand aside, same at the chooks, there's talk about pressure on Angus Crighton with fafita coming, but as they do they'll manage to fit him under there expansive cap, with vilandys blessing of course, Xavier willison was impressive Friday night, I'd be asking him if he'd be interested in a starting spot with us, but firstly, Naden, Seyfarth, stains klemmer and Bateman need to be sold off
Stefano got on a plane yesterday morning and joined the boys and had a pretty good game all things considered and if we don’t resign him we will not find anyone better

Who would be disappointed with this team next year?
1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole

Douehi is not a Center …. Too slow … see Bateman yesterday how that will work out

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
Me. It's not good enough to compete for the top 4 and most probably the top 8.

Back