Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

You can’t deal in probably’s

I make a lit less money in my current job than I did in my last 2....
Why?
Because it's more comfortable, I don't wanna deal with clowns and chase money.
Making him Richer doesn't make it better for him.

I don't think anyone here would be more up to date with how it feels to make lots of money but work at a shitty organisation than David Fifita is at the moment...
And even if they were,

Are they doing it under public eye with the same constant media scrutiny? Doubtful, Extremely Doubtful.

Yes he could have got more money else where, similarly a few Panthers signed for less to stay at Penrith.
I wonder why these top players don’t come to tigers for less?
They always seem to want more to come here?
I will repeat what I have highlighted previously.
We need more corporate boxes and more bums on seats, ie. a decent stadium.
Richo recognises that and that is what he is aiming for. More $$$$ coming in.

Then we can have our own brown paper bags and spend less from the cap!

More golf days, sombreros for everyone. But it will take time. I love LO but if you are serious about wanting to win a NRL comp. we must at least match the other top contenders in collecting the dollars to achieve this = brown paper bags, incentives over the cap, the cream we don't appear to be able to match. Or am I just dreaming?

More golf days, sombreros for everyone. But it will take time. I love LO but if you are serious about wanting to win a NRL comp. we must at least match the other top contenders in collecting the dollars to achieve this = brown paper bags, incentives over the cap, the cream we don't appear to be able to match. Or am I just dreaming?
No, it’s catch ups for us but with Richo I’d think he knows all the tricks but it all starts with more dollars in the bank.
Hopefully we can sort a lot of this out quickly to move forward.
Any thoughts on who our next major sponsor might be ?

The Roosters make me sick !
Unlike the Storm who find hidden talent and develop it !
No the Rorters simply attract the top names in the game !
2yesrs ago they get Brandon Smith at the time the hottest one going around
1 year ago they get Dom Young at the time the hottest winger going around and now
They of course get DAVID FAFITA !
Uncle Nick persuasive .I wonder whether attractive deals on eastern suburbs real estate
has something to do with it
This method doesn't require eagle eye talent scouts just the usual uneven playing field !
In the pasted few years they have purchased the following shyte players at basement prices:

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves from Manly
James Tedesco from us
Luke Keary from Souffs
Cooper Cronk from Storm
Michael Jennings from Penriff
Joseph Suaalii from Souffs juniors
Dominic Young from Newcastle
Angus Crichton from Souffs
Brandon Smith from Storm
Spencer Leniu from Panriff
Terrell May from Penriff

It's the way the Rorters roll .. always have and always will .. !!

Khan-Perriera from the Titans has been left out of the side again under Des…. if the plan moving forward is a Turuva and Olam centre combination then we desperately need a winger with the departure of Tupou.

Titans also desperately need a halfback or hooker asap… offering either Bud or Simpkins for AKP wouldn’t be a bad option.

Try scoring machine at 22.
Simplkin is from QLD so he maybe keen but he’s off contract at the end of this year anyway. So Bud would be a better option for us and Dez (ego) may think he can “unlock” Buds potential at 7. And we’d probably be happy to take a hit with Buds value.
What is KP’s contract sitch?

In the pasted few years they have purchased the following shyte players at basement prices:

Jared Waerea-Hargreaves from Manly
James Tedesco from us
Luke Keary from Souffs
Cooper Cronk from Storm
Michael Jennings from Penriff
Joseph Suaalii from Souffs juniors
Dominic Young from Newcastle
Angus Crichton from Souffs
Brandon Smith from Storm
Spencer Leniu from Panriff
Terrell May from Penriff

It's the way the Rorters roll .. always have and always will .. !!
In regards to May he was poached by them when he was at Manly. Was playing for Blacktown Workers when they signed him but is a Penrith junior. Funny thing is he played for the Magpies in 2020 played 1 game in NSW Cup before they cancelled due to the pandemic. Joined Manly in 2021 and then Roosters in 2022.

Reactions: 851
Khan-Perriera from the Titans has been left out of the side again under Des…. if the plan moving forward is a Turuva and Olam centre combination then we desperately need a winger with the departure of Tupou.

Titans also desperately need a halfback or hooker asap… offering either Bud or Simpkins for AKP wouldn’t be a bad option.

Try scoring machine at 22.

100%. Wouldn’t say no to AKP, he has something we are screaming out for and have a vacant spot.
Heck we could get him without a swap.

Simplkin is from QLD so he maybe keen but he’s off contract at the end of this year anyway. So Bud would be a better option for us and Dez (ego) may think he can “unlock” Buds potential at 7. And we’d probably be happy to take a hit with Buds value.
What is KP’s contract sitch?
AKP is contracted till 2026.

I'm all for Rooster salary cap conspiracy theories, but with the players they're losing you can easily see how they can afford to pay Fifita. I think the Roosters are a better fit for Fifita than Penrith but to me the Roosters have a very talented team without enough defensive grit and agro to win it all. Fifita doesn't get them closer to winning a GF, though he will improve the highlights when they play teams like us.

Fifita is an exciting player to watch, incredible ability, but I'm not at all disappointed we were nowhere near signing him, I think he'd be a classic underperformer for us. I prefer we pursue players like Hudson Young or Liam Martin. Hard working, tough forwards.

I'm all for Rooster salary cap conspiracy theories, but with the players they're losing you can easily see how they can afford to pay Fifita. I think the Roosters are a better fit for Fifita than Penrith but to me the Roosters have a very talented team without enough defensive grit and agro to win it all. Fifita doesn't get them closer to winning a GF, though he will improve the highlights when they play teams like us.

Fifita is an exciting player to watch, incredible ability, but I'm not at all disappointed we were nowhere near signing him, I think he'd be a classic underperformer for us. I prefer we pursue players like Hudson Young or Liam Martin. Hard working, tough forwards.
Most people would say that Fifita has never really fulfilled his potential so I think he has more in the tank and it will be interesting to see what a more professional outfit can get out of him.

We have 30 players under contract for next season if Uto, Sezer & Tumeth's options are exercised. Here is a little depth chart I have put together just on our top 30 contracted for next season.

View attachment 11862

So to recruit, re-sign or promote any more players mean we have to release some.
I'm still solid with my post above that Benji will give all of our 'pathways' players under contract every chance to progress during their contracted years (i.e. no early releases unless player wants it).

I do think one spot will be opened up for next season (one of T'oa & Naden) for a tackle-busting OR X-factor outside back.

Then we will go hard come November 1 for 2026 for players in positions of need (once Benji has had all this season to see our roster holes in top 30 & pathways).

The type of players I think that the recruitment committee will have in their blackbook are:

Outside Backs: 1 of Jojo Fifita (2026), Ronaldo Mulitalo (2026), Jack Bostock (2026), Tim Lafai (if can gain a release for 2025), Alofiana Khan-Pereira (if can gain a release for 2025)

Back Row: 1 of Jaydn Sua (2025), Siua Wong (if can gain a release for 2025), Teig Wilton (2026), Connelly Lemeulu (2026)

Middle: 1 of Xavier Willison (2026), Trey Mooney (2025),

Middle for 2025 (in addition to above if Stef departs): 1 of Oregon Kaufusi or Toby Rudolf

Fifita & AKP provide x-factor & speed we don't have on a wing. Mulitalo is class, fast & powerful. Bostock is a future SOO player. Lafai is the best centre in Super League & has Samoan combo with Luai - would bring experience & power.

Sua has Richo/Benji & Samoan link. Wong may become surplus at Roosters now & has Fiji connection with Api, Turuva & Bula.

Willison would be perfect to replace Klemmer in '26.

Kaufusi has Samoan link too. Maybe Richo can work his magic with Rudolf.

Sharks players mentioned all have John Morris link too.

Iam sure the Chooks latest signing is within their cap and legal. I think what I hate is the way they target the elite and do nothing for the game at the grass roots. They will argue that they develop a ton of kids, what they don’t tell you is they plundered these kids from other teams systems.

Been said a million times before but teams have to be rewarded for developing talent and teams like the Chooks should have a cap penalty for signing players from outside their system.

Of course people will argue that why punish teams from being successful , my response, is how did they get successful

Do you really think HBG and WM want to spend the sort of money Richo is talking about? its four times the loss showing up on the P&L isn’t it?

I'm still solid with my post above that Benji will give all of our 'pathways' players under contract every chance to progress during their contracted years (i.e. no early releases unless player wants it).

I do think one spot will be opened up for next season (one of T'oa & Naden) for a tackle-busting OR X-factor outside back.

Then we will go hard come November 1 for 2026 for players in positions of need (once Benji has had all this season to see our roster holes in top 30 & pathways).

The type of players I think that the recruitment committee will have in their blackbook are:

Outside Backs: 1 of Jojo Fifita (2026), Ronaldo Mulitalo (2026), Jack Bostock (2026), Tim Lafai (if can gain a release for 2025), Alofiana Khan-Pereira (if can gain a release for 2025)

Back Row: 1 of Jaydn Sua (2025), Siua Wong (if can gain a release for 2025), Teig Wilton (2026), Connelly Lemeulu (2026)

Middle for 2025 (in addition to above if Stef departs): 1 of Oregon Kaufusi or Toby Rudolf

Fifita & AKP provide x-factor & speed we don't have on a wing. Mulitalo is class, fast & powerful. Bostock is a future SOO player. Lafai is the best centre in Super League & has Samoan combo with Luai - would bring experience & power.

Sua has Richo/Benji & Samoan link. Wong may become surplus at Roosters now & has Fiji connection with Api, Turuva & Bula.

I think though that some of the non performers in the top 30 ranks do have to be culled by end of this season. It is not only affecting the NRL team but the State Cup Magpies team are badly affected by carrying them too. Positions 20 to 30 in the squad will obviously spending most of their time in the State Cup team showing what they can do- and the answer would seem to be not much. It is now apparent that the previous practice of enticing juniors to stay by offering a NRL squad place has terribly misfired. Part of the issue is also WT have not gone the way of so many other squads in promoting big fast forwards and backs. Too many of ours are boys against men.

Good post. Some realistic targets there and all will help. Look forward to seeing if we go down this road or put full trust in the kids coming good.

Love your work

Latest posts

Members online

Back