Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I’d jump in but you’re winning this debate on your own.
I was gunna mention my new fav player, the Tigers next rep player Samuela Fainu. He’s been killing it, progressing the way a good young forward should.
You know Sayfart had some good games for a young bloke but he reached his ceiling very early in his career, I think SAM can’t see his ceiling yet.
Totally agree, Samuela Fainu has a great trajectory, the kid is going to be superstar.

Arguing Seyfarth isn't getting much work done because he's not getting minutes is just dumb...
It's exactly the opposite,
He's not getting much minutes because he's not getting anything done...
Seyfarth's involvement stats this year are as follows:
  • Game 2 v Canberra = 22minutes, 16m in attack, handled the ball 2 times - (1 hitup, 1 pass), 21 tackles @ 87%, 2 ruck infringement 6 agains.
  • Game 3 v Sharks = 31 minutes, scored a try, 118m in attack, 1 line break, 4 tackle breaks, handled the ball 17 times - ( 12 hitups,1 offload, 4 passes), 15 tackles @ 100%, clean sheet for errors and discipline.
  • Game 3 v Parramatta = 47 minutes, 99m in attack,1 line break assist, handled the ball 19 times - (10 hitups, 1 offload, 8 passes), 26 tackles @100%, 2 penalties.
  • Game 4 v Dolphins = 51 minutes, scored a try, 78m in attack, 1 line break, 3 tackle breaks, handled the ball 13 times - ( 10 hitups, 3 passes), 25 tackles @ 86%, 1 handling error.
  • Game 5 v Dragons = 47 minutes, 69m in attack, 2 tackle breaks, handled the ball 11 times + an intercept - (10 hitups, 2 passes), 22 tackles @ 88%, 1 penalty.
  • Game 6 v Penrith = 32 minutes, 41m in attack, 1 tackle break, handled the ball 13 times - (10 hitups, 3 passes), 20 tackles @ 87%.
  • Game 7 v Broncos = 22 minutes, 41m in attack, handled the ball 11 times - (5 hitups, 6 passes), 11 tackles @ 100%.
  • Game 8 v Dogs - 15 minutes, 10m in attack, handled the ball 5 times - (1 hitup, 1 offload, 3 passes), 10 tackles @ 91%, 1 handling error, 1 sinbin.
All in all, he has played 267 minutes in 8 games (33mins /game) and hasnt really done a lot. He hasnt been poor, just average so far. We need him to be more involved when on the field.

Well we did fire ours a few months ago. We've since signed Luai and Turuva.
I'm talking about identifying young talent! Before they are existing NRL players that cost a fortune.
Benji and Richo have received the accolades for their signing.
Potential talent in the 16 - 18 year olds range.

Yep we need to start the clean out now as this season is basically over in both first grade and reserve grade , First grade top 8 probably need to win every game bar 1 or 2 , it’s not possible , reality tells us that
sell now and use there funds , note only guess what they earn
Bud = $ 400 - $ 450 k
Seyfart = $;250 k
Twally - $350 maybe $ 400.k I like him but no impact , we need impact
Nadan - $ 350 k
Tumeth - Matta - Feledy $ 400 k in this lot who can’t even help reserve grade compete ., if Matta is wanted play him now and test him out otherwise se ya
So the sale would give us around $ 2 million ,
probably 3 more at least in the teams as well to follow suite , Benji to save his own butt needs to be brutal in the cutting of players and buy quality fringe first graders who are stuck behind gun players or go in hard for the likes of Fifita , big body prop we need , then a centre and hard running back rower or ,
2 million gets you 3 good players then promote these so called guns coming through
We must have the cleanest house in the neighbourhood. All we ever do is clean out.
When are we going to make a home

We must have the cleanest house in the neighbourhood. All we ever do is clean out.
When are we going to make a home
A good clean out has not happened in years , we move a couple each year , a clean out would be 5 from first grade and 7 from reserve grade to really get some quality in who can fight for positions , you only need to see bulldogs results so far , some are saying they may sneak a top 8 spot this year , they moved on half a team or more

I'm talking about identifying young talent! Before they are existing NRL players that cost a fortune.
Benji and Richo have received the accolades for their signing.
Potential talent in the 16 - 18 year olds range.
How do you know the new management aren't already doing that?

A good clean out has not happened in years , we move a couple each year , a clean out would be 5 from first grade and 7 from reserve grade to really get some quality in who can fight for positions , you only need to see bulldogs results so far , some are saying they may sneak a top 8 spot this year , they moved on half a team or more
Remember a couple of seasons ago Sheens was credited with somehow miraculously off loading a few players that we thought were going to still be around for a while.

The trouble was that we were not able to replace them with quality players and when it became obvious that no one was coming we filled the top 30 with players from within that a couple of seasons later are still not getting any regular top grade time.

There is all this talk in here of swapping players, getting rid of players holding down positions in our starting 13.

The fact is there is not enough top level talent in the NRL, most of the elite players are at the top 4-5 clubs. The only way I can see us improving is getting better players around are existing team. Swapping or removing players for another player that looks good in another system is pointless.

Staines, Papali'i, Api, Klemmer, Olam all looked great at their previous clubs, but are down on that form at WT and there are many players that leave WT and improve. Look at Brooks, even Talau looks better than when he was here.

There is all this talk in here of swapping players, getting rid of players holding down positions in our starting 13.

The fact is there is not enough top level talent in the NRL, most of the elite players are at the top 4-5 clubs. The only way I can see us improving is getting better players around are existing team. Swapping or removing players for another player that looks good in another system is pointless.

Staines, Papali'i, Api, Klemmer, Olam all looked great at their previous clubs, but are down on that form at WT and there are many players that leave WT and improve. Look at Brooks, even Talau looks better than when he was here.
Look at our list:
  • Adam Doueihi - Played International footy 8 times
  • Aidan Sezer - Played 225 top level games, Played PM's 13, Played 1 NRL GF
  • Alex Seyfarth
  • Alex Twal - Played 131 top level games, Played International footy 4 times
  • Api Koroisau - Played 198 top level games, Played International footy 17 times, Played SOO 4 times, Played in 4 NRL GF's
  • Asu Kepaoa
  • Brandon Tumeth
  • Brent Naden - Played 1 NRL GF
  • Charlie Staines - Played International footy 1 time, Played 1 NRL GF
  • David Klemmer - Played 226 top level games, Played PM's 13, Played International footy 19 times, Played SOO 14 times, Played 2 NRL GF's
  • Fonua Pole
  • Isaiah Papali'i - Played 147 top level games, Played International footy 11 times, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Jahream Bula - Played International footy 3 times
  • Jake Simpkin
  • Jayden Sullivan
  • John Bateman - Played 270 top level games, Played International footy 28 times, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Jordan Miller
  • Josh Feledy
  • Junior Tupou - Played International footy 1 time
  • Justin Matamua
  • Justin Olam - Played 111 top level games, Played International footy 14 times, Played PMs 13, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Lachlan Galvin
  • Latu Fainu
  • Samuela Fainu
  • Sione Fainu
  • Solomon Alaimalo
  • Starford To'a - Played International footy 1 time
  • Stefano Utoikamanu - Played International footy 2 times, Played SOO 1 time
  • Tallyn Da Silva
Our squad has been around and experienced a fair bit collectively. There are enough members in this squad who have lots of big game experience and/or have come out of the best clubs of the modern era.
There are too many players in this squad who know what they are doing for this team to lose as much as it does. Can it be improved? absolutely. However winning only 10 games from our last 60 starts is bullshit.

Last edited:
Look at our list:
  • Adam Doueihi - Played International footy 8 times
  • Aidan Sezer - Played 225 top level games, Played PM's 13, Played 1 NRL GF
  • Alex Seyfarth
  • Alex Twal - Played 131 top level games, Played International footy 4 times
  • Api Koroisau - Played 198 top level games, Played International footy 17 times, Played SOO 4 times, Played in 4 NRL GF's
  • Asu Kepaoa
  • Brandon Tumeth
  • Brent Naden - Played 1 NRL GF
  • Charlie Staines - Played International footy 1 time, Played 1 NRL GF
  • David Klemmer - Played 226 top level games, Played PM's 13, Played International footy 19 times, Played SOO 14 times, Played 2 NRL GF's
  • Fonua Pole
  • Isaiah Papali'i - Played 147 top level games, Played International footy 11 times, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Jahream Bula - Played International footy 3 times
  • Jake Simpkin
  • Jayden Sullivan
  • John Bateman - Played 270 top level games, Played International footy 28 times, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Jordan Miller
  • Josh Feledy
  • Junior Tupou - Played Internationl footy 1 time
  • Justin Matamua
  • Justin Olam - Played 111 top level games, Played International footy 14 times, Played PMs 13, Played in 1 NRL GF
  • Lachlan Galvin
  • Latu Fainu
  • Samuela Fainu
  • Sione Fainu
  • Solomon Alaimalo
  • Starford To'a
  • Stefano Utoikamanu - Played International footy 2 times, Played SOO 1 time
  • Tallyn Da Silva
Our squad has been around and experienced a fair bit collectively. There are enough members in this squad who have lots of big game experience and/or have come out of the best clubs of the modern era.
There are too many players in this squad who know what they are doing for this team to lose as much as it does. Can it be improved? absolutely. However winning only 10 games from our last 60 starts is bullshit.
Starford Toa played for NZ too, from memory

Starford Toa played for NZ too, from memory
He's played one Test match for Tonga.

Official NRL profile of Junior Tupou for Wests Tigers | Wests Tigers

All good....
I'm not really winning anything, Moreso someone is defending the indefensible...

They're different kids, and I'm not looking to compare them - Merely pointing out what happens when a player has an impact... They promote themselves.

Arguing Seyfarth isn't getting much work done because he's not getting minutes is just dumb...
It's exactly the opposite,
He's not getting much minutes because he's not getting anything done...
By the time Seyfarth has cone on the field the past 2 games, we were already dead and buried, it could have been Haas coming off the bench for us and it still wouldn’t have helped us win the game.
If the coach doesn’t think a bench player is good enough, then it’s his fault for selecting him on the bench in the first place.

For the past 100 years players who have stood out at the lower level such as reserve grade, more often than not also stand out playing NRL once given the opportunity.
Our issue is we have absolutely nobody standing out for our reserve grade team.
We will not be getting players such as David Fifita or Angus Crichton who are in demand from too 8 clubs, we might have been an outside chance of getting Crichton while he was playing reserve grade earlier this season, but our recruitment was again asleep at the wheel.
What’s the alternative when your NRL team is playing terribly and your Reserve Grade Team is playing even worse ?
It’s not going to help by sitting back doing nothing g about it and letting the ship slowly sink. Any club with any idea would say enough is enough, we are sacking, offloading or trading some players to get some new blood in the squad that can hopefully do a better job than the ones that have already been under performing for the first 3rd of the season.

Having been watching the super league games , there is a few young backrowers who I think could make it here , they would be cheap and worth a go

Having been watching the super league games , there is a few young backrowers who I think could make it here , they would be cheap and worth a go
Yes couple in super league and the chance to come over to Australia to live and play is huge for them they all want a crack hear , could be another Ellis lurking around just need someone to chase him down

Back