Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I keep hearing Cowboys are desperately trying to get rid of Luciano Leilua’s contract quite aggressively.

If we were to pay 450k to bring him back would people want him for a potential impact bench role moving forward?
At 350-450K to be used in 20 min spurts I’d say that’s not bad business. We tried to make him an 80 min player and he was a defensive liability.

He is exactly what he was at stmerge, an impact player.

Last edited:
I keep hearing Cowboys are desperately trying to get rid of Luciano Leilua’s contract quite aggressively.

If we were to pay 450k to bring him back would people want him for a potential impact bench role moving forward?

I reckon we got the best of Ole Lucy...
His last year wasn't as good, Reckon he was more often found out in Defence....
He's not coming here to play off the Bench, And I'm not swapping him (Or his attitude)
for any of our starters or kids coming through.

Cows have had some potential elite Backrowers come on, Luc went to the real wrong club.

I reckon we got the best of Ole Lucy...
His last year wasn't as good, Reckon he was more often found out in Defence....
He's not coming here to play off the Bench, And I'm not swapping him (Or his attitude)
for any of our starters or kids coming through.

Cows have had some potential elite Backrowers come on, Luc went to the real wrong club.

Lucy started to underperform as soon as his bone headed brother joined us,we were hoping for the influence to be the other way round

Im not ready to write him off just yet.

I love his competitiveness.
True competitveness is demonstrated via defensive commitment and putting your body on the line.

That was Doueihi's worst trait last season in the handful of games he played - lack of defensive effort and intensity speaks volumes of a lack of genuine cometitiveness for me!

Players who only play hard and put in 100% effort when playing in a high quality favoured team are a blight in the NRL!

His problem is decision making. He turns his shoulders in all the time. His technique when he is fully committed is fine, he just can't stay square or slide.
100% agree about his poor decision making - which would only be magnified at centre.

But his lack of defensive commitment and effort has to also be questioned.

It is not just poor technique - but his routine failure to get to the man and arm-dangling non-efforts (at fullback especially) - that made my eyes bleed as Tigers supporter!

Sorry mate, but check the stats. Brooks attempts more than twice the amount of tackles as Doueihi leading to more missed by numbers. His tackle efficiency has been in the low to mid 80's the last 4 years. Doueihi has only hit 80% 2 out of the last 4 years. One year it was 70%. There is no comparison.
His job wasn't to make tackles.

"Then after that, my knee is still a little bit injured so get that right and then hopefully go out there and be the best I can be."

This from Olam is NOT filling me with confidence.
I agree, I have concerns about his overall fitness and how that will affect his attitude on the paddock.
I'm looking at this from a slightly different perspective though and if Richo and Benji can take advantage of the huge new support from PNG fans and pick the eyes out of PNG talent, he could be a major drawcard.

Last edited:
the news that manu is off to rugby union spells trouble for us and our hopes of retaining galvin - particularly since the roosters were sniffing around him a few months ago. expect the chatter to ramp up in coming months.
Idk how when Manu is leaving at the end of the year and Galvin is contracted till the end of 26.

Latest posts

Members online

Back