Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Webster seemed to be very similar to Gardiner. They both seem to have very good people skills,calm and a good knowledge of the modern game.

Although I am willing to give Benji 18 months, it would be a near impossible gig being a coach of a team with no halves and a few plodders in the backline

As an aside, this comment shows why it's always important to remember that just because something is in the newspaper doesn't mean it's true. I won't be the only one who has been around long enough to remember when most of the press were bombarding us with weekly articles about how Benji and Robbie hated each other, wouldn't work together, were delivering "him or me" ultimatums and so forth. That doesn't seem to come up much nowadays. Strange.
What’s so strange about it not coming up these days?
Not believing what garbage is in newspapers is the same as believing it 😂
You could be contacted by posters who have businesses and bridges for sale 🤣

Possibly? Don’t they have a committee decide on players and coaches? My point is why hire Ivan, then Madge? Why not Webster? He coached Balmain Ball and Flegg. Or did that go against him?
Not sure, he had a further 3 years with Penrith NRL squad before the Warriors job, might not have been ready at the time?

Not interested in hearing about signing anymore forwards, Backs are what we need to improve,
Haven’t heard any serious whispers about any outside backs
lately which is worrying. Even a couple of new half’s won’t be enough if we don’t get a couple of centre’s (tall & fast) sick of converted backrowers playing in our backline.
I think we have the makings of a good starting backline but perhaps need more depth. Bulla at FB, Tupou and Staines on the flanks, Naden and Toa in the centres. There is a bit of speed and enough size there as well as a bit of footy skill as well in Bulla and Naden. Naden just needs to control the brain explosions. The forwards are strong and we have a good mix of youth and experience. The halves are absolutely the achilles heel of the team. Recent first pick combinations of Brooks, Douhie and Hastings have looked ok in patches but not consistently quality first grade standard. The current backup halves are doing their best I think but struggle in FG. They have their moments but there is a reason they have bounced from club to club and have played most of their careers in Reggies. Fix the halves, have a full preseason, and you have the makings of a side that can compete for top 8 next year and be a wild card in 2025.

He also tells anyone that will listen that Daine Laurie is a 5/8.

Who knows, maybe he is onto something.

Just for the record, I think Burton is a centre but that's just me and what the hell would I know anyway.

He rates Daino so much that he was chasing
Blake Taffee's signature instead of his haha...
They both can play fullback & five-eighth.
Sick of seeing and hearing from old Gus TBH

His opinion in the media is compromised by his Canterbury job. He hardly speaks Ill of anyone anymore.

Even more reason to be alarmed by his comment that, “Wests Tigers don’t have a Luke Brooks problem, Luke Brooks has a Wests Tigers problem”. Good luck Sezer.

Not wrong mate. He's a stone cold lier and so
divisive. He's surrounded by journos in his roles
with 9. He's amongst it all. I don't wanna talk
about him anymore. You know how I feel lol

What happens if Benji is a garbage coach, do you trust Robbie to do the right thing for the club and tap his mate on the shoulder?
They are two very independent guys. Don't assume they're best of buddies.

Robbie loves the club, and while that can come across as 'Jobs for the boys'. I personally have no issues with it.

I know a number of ex-tiger players who just saw it as a job. Where as us fans are the passionate ones.

Robbie is a fan as well as being an ex-player

They are two very independent guys. Don't assume they're best of buddies.

Robbie loves the club, and while that can come across as 'Jobs for the boys'. I personally have no issues with it.

I know a number of ex-tiger players who just saw it as a job. Where as us fans are the passionate ones.

Robbie is a fan as well as being an ex-player
I don’t mind if a player just sees playing for the club as a job , as long as that player comes to training , buys in to all that’s required and can walk off win loose or draw and can say I busted myself today I’m happy coach is happy , then go home and enjoy their other part of life like wife and kids or other hobbies relax fishing what ever , it’s just critical the player buys into the team / Training and match day plan and has a red hot go

Back