Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If we can jag the Fainu brother in this merry go round and somehow pick up a serviceable 7 i think we are doing as good as we can. I still see a world where Brooks still stays with us on a slightly improved offer, stranger things have happened.
Samuela looks and plays like Olakuatu imo...

He'd be a great addition to our pack.
I know Bateman has been paying 13 but I'd move him back to the edge and line up;

8 Klem
9 Api
10 Stef
11 Fainu
12 Bateman
13 Papalii

14 TDS
15 Twal
16 Pole
17 Seyfarth or new signing

For 2024 - another impact Benchy to replace Seyf to keep yas happy wouldn't go astray either.

The DT is reporting that Ben Hunt will finalise a release with the Dragons early next week with the intention of joining the Broncos for the last 4 months of the season. Important to note that this would only be a cameo and they CAN'T afford him from 2024 and beyond (then joining the Titans). The reports also states that no formal offer or negotiations have taken place but they reportedly WILL contact the club on Sunday to discuss an immediate transfer.

The DT is reporting that Ben Hunt will finalise a release with the Dragons early next week with the intention of joining the Broncos for the last 4 months of the season. Important to note that this would only be a cameo and they CAN'T afford him from 2024 and beyond (then joining the Titans). The reports also states that no formal offer or negotiations have taken place but they reportedly WILL contact the club on Sunday to discuss an immediate transfer.
hahahah - WOW!! Lots of info there without negotiations. What have i missed?

I dont see why Hunt would go to the Broncos for the rest of the season when they have Reynolds and Mam, must be going to purely play hooker and back up 7. Does make some sense that we sussed out Madden who will be even further down the pecking order.
I dont think Jock is the answer for us but with Brooks out he's half decent back up, possibly be how the domino's start to fall. Fainu and Jock for us, Hunt to the Broncos Laurie and or Talau to the eagles and maybe Brooks ends up at the dragons.
He wants to win a premiership. I reckon his plan is to go to the Broncos as 9, win a premiership. Then get more dollars playing for the Titans until he decides to retire.

If we can jag the Fainu brother in this merry go round and somehow pick up a serviceable 7 i think we are doing as good as we can. I still see a world where Brooks still stays with us on a slightly improved offer, stranger things have happened.
Think you might be right about Brooks. Doesn't seem any great interest in him (Cows and Knights have already said no interest). Dogs may be a chance now Hunt is clearly headed North but think Lee said Luke isn't gone yet.

I know Bateman has been paying 13 but I'd move him back to the edge and line up;

8 Klem
9 Api
10 Stef
11 Fainu
12 Bateman
13 Papalii

14 TDS
15 Twal
16 Pole

For 2024 - another impact Benchy to replace Seyf to keep yas happy wouldn't go astray either.
Looks good doesn't it. I'd be happy with Blore or Seyfarth, they've both got upside. Then give the ball to

7 Sanders
6 Fainu
5 Junior
4 Star
3 Ryan
2 Nofo
1 Bula

He wants to win a premiership. I reckon his plan is to go to the Broncos as 9, win a premiership. Then get more dollars playing for the Titans until he decides to retire.

Is that really winning a premiership though? For me, truly winning a premiership is the entire process you go through with your club and team mates. The entire off season grind, the friendships formed over many many months to years, riding the ups and downs and building towards the ultimate goal. IMO, joining a team mid season and winning the comp is a nice moment, a great memory, but it isn't the true essence of winning the premiership.

While I agree, I personally wouldn't feel all that proud winning a premiership that way. Participating in less than half a season...

Think you might be right about Brooks. Doesn't seem any great interest in him (Cows and Knights have already said no interest). Dogs may be a chance now Hunt is clearly headed North but think Lee said Luke isn't gone yet.

I don't believe a word that drops out of Gus's mouth, he may well be committed elsewhere i don't see the need to keep it confidential. I'm not a Brooks fanboy like some on here i think he's a serviceable 6 and a bog average 7. But he's better than Jock, we seem to be looking elsewhere but it was left in his hands to come back to the table if he wants to, if he's option dry up he may well just do that.

8 Klem
9 Api
10 Stef
11 Fainu
12 Bateman
13 Papalii

14 TDS
15 Twal
16 Pole

I like that Ice wanted to play through the middle apparently so may well be where he's headed, i don't know anything about the Fainu brother other than he has some wraps on him. We have a good pack we just need to compliment it with quality in the back's and maybe not rely on the likes of Seyfarth :ROFLMAO:
I agree Bateman needs to be on an edge but i'd also give him a license to play what he see's and float a bit.

If he leaves it’s too us….

Fulton connection: The reason he was at Manly to begin with is because Fulton recruited him and they have a good relationship as he recruited the whole Fainu family to Manly (all 4 of them). Fulton has a good relationship with the family.

Feledy connection: His former captain, these two fit like a glove as a pairing on the left side and you’d assume Fainu would love the idea of playing with him again.

Sione connection: we have his brother already at the club, reports are it’ll be a package deal with his other brother as they wanna play together. Why wouldn’t they all want to link up together the 3 of them.

Western Sydney/Family connection: The Fainu family are a very very very close family and don’t think he’ll ever want to relocate from Western Sydney as he’s grown up there his whole life. His uncle also played for Wests Magpies back in the day so some family history.

Benji connection: As a young 6 from Western Sydney growing up watching prime Benji, having the opportunity to play under him would be extremely appealing. They have similarities in their games with their flair but Benji was just quicker whilst Fainu is stronger. Our attack style and the way we want to play suits Fainu’s style massively, the space Api/TDS could create for him would be huge. Benji has also been very vocal about wanting players to embrace a level of X-factor and not shy away from their instincts.

Forward pack and facilities: For a young half when you look at our forward pack… you’d be frothing from the mouth and the ability to have Api as your 9 would be attractive as well. On top of that, Manly’s facilities are arguably the worst in the league if we were to give him a tour of our COE and allow him to compare I think he would be happy to make the move.

Sell the young dream:
1: Bula (most likely going to win ROTY)
6: Fainu (best 6 prospect in the comp)
7: Lot of salary cap to make a move
9. Tallyn Da Silva (best 9 prospect in the comp)

That spine has the ability to be anything and Fainu knows that. Combine that with other young players like Tupou, Feledy, Stefano, Papalili, To’a, Pole, Twal and Blore etc and then the experience of Api, Bateman and Klemmer.

If we somehow don’t get him signed and he goes elsewhere with all this in our favour, then we have a serious problem.
Gees Teddy23 you've got me so excited with the possibility of this happening my goose bumps are up already, and at my age to get something up is pretty exciting ;) :ROFLMAO:.

While I agree, I personally wouldn't feel all that proud winning a premiership that way. Participating in less than half a season...
Yep, it doesn't sit well with me either. If he truly wants to see out his career with the Titans, why wouldn't he transfer there immediately, and start building connections for the 2024 season? I'm not sure how the Titans are placed with the salary cap, but at $200k for the rest of the year, I'm sure most teams would have that up their sleeve.
There should be a heavier penalty for marquee players that transfer mid season. A penalty that increases the more your fair market value is. For example, Ben Hunt remaining payments might be $200k, but because he is a $1M+ player, there should be a 3x penalty to the incoming team's salary cap.

Latest posts

Back