Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Agreed. I remember the same chatter about Mitch Moses when Brooks hit the NRL first. Moses is injury prone, he'll get snapped in first grade, blah blah blah. We all know what happened there.

If Latu's career is looked after properly he'll more than prove himself.
Its the big time It’s on him now. If he’s good enough he’ll make it.

They should do it now to give him some confidence. As a young fella in the big league it would make a massive boost to his confidence. I believe Galvin will be a very good player in the future, in the halves or at lock
He looks like he belongs right now. If he was passing it to some quality players he’d be being talked about more than he is. My guess is he’ll be seven next year to leave Luai in his best position.

Feels like we are continuously putting the broom through and rebuilding. Sadly, a part of me just wishes they folded this club all together.
I'm not stressed this time, the rebuild now will actually be a sucessfull rebuild, the diffrence is we have Richo in charge of it and this is what he has done his whole career. The last "rebuilds" were all orchestrated by people guessing what they should do.

We’ve had some terrible players but I’m prepared to say Naden is the worst player we have ever had. Except Brooksy. God I hate Brooksy.
The hate is clouding you. Brooksy is a club legend. One of our most capped, highest point scorers, one of the highest try scorers. He is a legend through and through, and had to put up with bad board and management his entire time who couldn't build a decent team around him till it was too late

He looks like he belongs right now. If he was passing it to some quality players he’d be being talked about more than he is. My guess is he’ll be seven next year to leave Luai in his best position.
Galvin could play 7 but his best asset is his running game and he's still young. Luai's best position might be 7... just needs more games (not just one so far) to lengthen his kicks. His last tackle options barring the pass to JFH last week were decent. Gus Gould was willing to pay over a million for Luai with a marquee 5/8 in burton on 800K there already. Bit early, but I'd go 6 Galvin 7 Luai with both sharing the kicks like Munster and Hughes do. Still waiting on Fainu to make a certain judgement though. I think NRL fans are obsessed with a dominant organising halfback and an all out running 5/8, as well as ball playing locks since the 6 again era. Attacking coach needs to really improve the team in pre season mainly in attack. The off season prior looks to have had a big focus on defence

Galvin could play 7 but his best asset is his running game and he's still young. Luai's best position might be 7... just needs more games (not just one so far) to lengthen his kicks. His last tackle options barring the pass to JFH last week were decent. Gus Gould was willing to pay over a million for Luai with a marquee 5/8 in burton on 800K there already. Bit early, but I'd go 6 Galvin 7 Luai with both sharing the kicks like Munster and Hughes do. Still waiting on Fainu to make a certain judgement though. I think NRL fans are obsessed with a dominant organising halfback and an all out running 5/8, as well as ball playing locks since the 6 again era. Attacking coach needs to really improve the team in pre season mainly in attack. The off season prior looks to have had a big focus on defence
The Munster / Hughes comparison is a good one. They both have such a high skills base and great vision. I wouldn’t be playing them in traditional halves roles. I’d be giving Romey the second receiver role most of the time but asking them to link up on both sides. I think Galvin can kick long and Luai short pretty well. Remains to be seen what they have to work with, definitely Bula and Olam & Turuva. Need a couple more workaholic outside backs who do all the dirty stuff and can break tackles. Unsung like Melbourne have found in guys like Meaney & Reimis. Athletes with high footy IQ.

Has he had 1 good game for us? Just 1? Where you left the game thinking there’s $650k well spent. I can’t think of one game .
No but I think that’s a side effect of being a poor team. Plenty of losses I’ve thought he was one of our least bad.

Reactions: 851

Staff online

Back