11 Jayden Sua
12 Sitili Touponua
13 Trey Mooney

14 Samuela Fainu
15 Fonua Pole
16 Alec Tuitavake
17 Xavier Willison

That's it for me.
Obviously we take a few hits and lose a few players to get the job done.
It's just business.
Twal?

Really can’t say players won’t come when the club managed to sign Luai and Turuva from a premiership winning club and premiership winners themselves. Not everyone will come but if 2 players from a team that won the comp is willing to move to the club who came dead last, it shows it is possible.
Our salary cap can only withstand so many players being paid way overs to come to our club. There is a huge issue with current players with salaries being paid way overs like Sullivan and a few younger players in our top 30 having committed to the club on inflated salaries. Its easy to say offload them but we will have to contribute to their salaries to go elsewhere. Papalili, Klemmer, Sullivan, Bateman and a few others that haven't even played first grade yet, just to name a few, while we will need the cash to upgrade Galvin otherwise if there's no room in the cap we will end up losing him and other great kids coming through because of this financial mismanagement

Our salary cap can only withstand so many players being paid way overs to come to our club. There is a huge issue with current players with salaries being paid way overs like Sullivan and a few younger players in our top 30 having committed to the club on inflated salaries. Its easy to say offload them but we will have to contribute to their salaries to go elsewhere. Papalili, Klemmer, Sullivan, Bateman and a few others that haven't even played first grade yet, just to name a few, while we will need the cash to upgrade Galvin otherwise if there's no room in the cap we will end up losing him and other great kids coming through because of this financial mismanagement
Problem is each club has to spend 97.5% of the cap across 30 players, so you will end up with some players on salaries they most likely don’t deserve or at least not at the time should they show improvement. I get where you’re coming from though.

Reactions: 851
Sunia Turuva has revealed the Wests Tigers’ refusal to give up against premiers Penrith in Bathurst last month convinced him to sign a three-year $1.3 million deal with the club.

Panthers flyer Turuva said he was also close to joining St George Illawarra, but there was too much upside to Benji Marshall’s team to turn down.

He said the only drawback would be if the Tigers committed to calling Accor Stadium home from next year, with the venue so empty and quiet during the Panthers’ victory over Souths on Thursday that players could hear each other talk on the field.

“Watching their [Tigers] footy this year, you can tell they’re heading in the right direction,” Turuva said.

“I know results haven’t been going their way, but they’ve been hanging in there for 80 minutes – the last couple of years they would have given up at half-time or with 20 minutes to go.

“I can definitely see, from the outside looking in, they’re heading in the right direction, and that’s something that encouraged me to go with them.

“The scoreboard might not have shown it, but they made us fight for it [in Bathurst].

“I hadn’t decided by then, and it wasn’t until coach [Ivan Cleary] gave me the week off; it was good not to focus on the footy and just focus on the contract. Big ups to ‘Ive’ for letting me have that week off to deal with that stuff.”

Turuva met Dragons coach Shane Flanagan and Tigers counterpart Marshall, whose laid-back approach reminded him of Cleary.

He also heard good reports about the club from Api Koroisau and Panthers teammate Daine Laurie, while Penrith favourite Jarome Luai will make the switch at the end of this year.

Turuva scored one try and set up two in the win over Souths, and spent the final minutes at fullback.

The Fijian is open to remaining on the wing at the Tigers, but knows he can slot into fullback and even the centres if required.

The win over Souths was played in front of 8000 fans, which skipper Isaah Yeo said felt more like 4000 fans.

“Hopefully, we can pack it out a bit more than they [Souths] did on Thursday night,” Turuva said when reminded the Tigers could be playing at the Sydney Olympic Park site permanently.

“When we went out there, we could hear each other talking. In a packed-out stadium, you can’t talk to the guys next to you. It was a bit of a weird one.”

Really can’t say players won’t come when the club managed to sign Luai and Turuva from a premiership winning club and premiership winners themselves. Not everyone will come but if 2 players from a team that won the comp is willing to move to the club who came dead last, it shows it is possible.
Possible but not likely as we can't offer everyone $1.2 M or a 33% increase on what they're getting now. Penrith won't miss either.

Possible but not likely as we can't offer everyone $1.2 M or a 33% increase on what they're getting now. Penrith won't miss either.
You also have to show potential recruitments the selling point of why they should join the club they are trying to recruit them for. Yes usually there is a pay increase, but if you can’t show them as to what they can bring to your club or they can’t see the benefit of joining it really doesn’t matter how much you offer, you’ll most likely fail to sign them. In our case Benji was a huge factor in both deciding to come to us, but Turuva also said he can see the improvement and wants to help make it better.

Reactions: 851
Totally agree on the need for an impact prop and 2nd rower. (& throw in a lock]
Our current props and second rowers are picked every week by everyone because they are not being pushed by the bench.
We need better than Twal and Seyfarth pushing them [hey play to their maximum but that is not high enough if we expect to progress up the ladder].
If our current props and 2nd rowers are not pushed they can survive without pushing themselves to 100%. We need to get that extra 1% effort to turn things around.
I am sure Benji and Richo would recognise this and are looking/shopping for next year.
Sua, Willison and Tallis Duncan would be a good start.
Sua imo is just in contract year form. Last few years definitely hasn’t had the attitude of this year

What are you talking about.....
He doesn't get field time, because he doesn't do anything out there to deserve it.
How's Sam Fainu going for game time?
At 20 years old with 12 Games behind him....
Earned himself a starting spot.

Have your 'favourites' all you like, Bottom line is
- If he was a half decent player, He'd be getting game time.

Biggest problem is, We don't have anything better that Alex to take his spot....

55 games in and most people still think he is a reggies player - says it all really. Don’t care how little he is paid etc the reality is he shouldn’t be on the bench to start with.

Seyfarth isn’t costing us games but having a player like him on the bench every week really highlights how bad our squad is.

We would be better off putting a kid on the bench and giving the kid 20mins a game than playing Seyfarth they may actually develop and become a NRL starter - something Seyfarth doesn’t have in him.

Are you out of your mind.. we don't need anymore backs??? No i take that back. Sought off. If our forwards were real pigs then you are 100% correct...
I was just going on what we will have next year ,

Bula
Nadan
Turuva
Olam
Stains
Galvin
Lauai
That’s not a bad backline but from r them to work u need a pack that will go forward and defend

A little bit unrelated but the Warriors attack is absolutely terrible. They have a similar defensive structure to penrith with a great forward pack, lock, and back 5, but other than Johnson they have no spark. They are very slow and don't have much x factor. They are missing someone like Luke Metcalfe heaps as he's the only one who's a fast explosive player. Similar to us, we don't really have that fast explosive player in our squad. While Bula is elusive he lacks speed. Olam can run hard and fast from short distances but that's about it. The Forbes Ferrari doesn't live up to his speed. Naden is the only one in our team with his long strides I'd back in a foot race

Latest posts

Members online

Back