LIVE GAME Round 8 vs. Broncos

Live Game Discussion
Our D generally was solid in contact however we allowed Reynolds to run and toy with us due to our lack of line speed.

Honestly they have us covered all over the park. They have too much speed for us and their forwards run harder and tackle harder. They even defended their line desperately well at times when we looked like we might score.
Our second half was ill disciplined and full of errors which allowed them too many opportunities.
Bateman slowed us down at 13 - I prefer him on the edge. Pole and S Fainu tried hard although they both made dumb errors. Uto was disappointing.
Agreed.
Bateman is not a 13.
We tried this experiment and it failed. Lets stop trying it.

We need to find a way to get API a break. He plays so hard over the 80 that we are going to wear him out. Do you think Latu can play 10-15 at hooker around the 35 minute mark or should we have TDS on the bench instead
Something not right with TDS he’s only played about 10 minutes off the bench in each of our last 2 games for our NSWCukvteam and has done next to nothing in his time on the field.
Too much expectation too soon for some of our young players.

Massive gap in class between the two teams - but we all knew that before kick off.

Tried hard in the first half but demoralising call on the api try and conceding on half time took the wind out of our sails.

Like S Fainu starting on the edge but not a huge fan of Bateman starting in the middle. Rather Pole back to lock and Bateman either changing side and Papali’i to bench or Bateman to bench. Need more impact on the middle even if we lose a bit of ball playing.
or Bateman on the next plane back home and we use his money to buy someone else.

Last night out back row not only lacked impact, they were ill-disciplined as well. In the 1st half, Bateman's 4th tackle lifting penalty and Fainu's sinbin directly led to Brisbane tries, and in the second, Papalii's push in the back was followed by another Brisbane try.

It goes without saying that we need to be at our best to compete with other teams. These moments of idiocy cost us any slim chance we might have had.

Something not right with TDS he’s only played about 10 minutes off the bench in each of our last 2 games for our NSWCukvteam and has done next to nothing in his time on the field.
Too much expectation too soon for some of our young players.
Yet no one seems to have a problem with Galvin being our primary playmaker….some even state we can’t score points without him.

Worth watching on Monday when I get home ??

No no no a thousand times no.You will only get annoyed even more when the burglar in the bunker disallows Api's try,i doubt if Anusley will even mention it on monday as he has already apologised recently for the none sin binning of a certain try we would have scored
Any respect i had for refereeing officials has long since gone especially since that con man took over

Yet no one seems to have a problem with Galvin being our primary playmaker….some even state we can’t score points without him.
Our 1,6 & 7 in combination is barely NSW Cup standard.
You could have one of them with 2 other good standard attacking players and it would be ok, but the 3 of them together does not and will not work.
Galvin will 💯 be a long term NRL player based on his effort and commitment alone. Not sure if 6 is his best position and if he does play as a 6 he needs a 1 and a 7 who have all round attacking games and kicking games to play alongside him.

Geez, I hope that Pommy Prick gets home sick because I'm sick of him.
Hank old mate you might be sick of him but Benji is the coach who put him at lock,Bateman is a leader for our youth,he plays far better out wide and can tackle...Its not his fault we have youth that are learning the high quality NRL game,its tough and you need skill and lots of ability to make a decent go of it...We are into what 9 games of season 2024 and the panic buttons have been pushed by everyone not familiar with the game and how it is changing.
King Sirro mentioned how poor Sezar is,I will argue that we gave Brooks 11 years with no finals and 2 wooden spoons,yet Sezar played well in the games he has had leading up to yesterday and has been here for 9 games..
Granted we will be on the end of some bashings this year,but the youth will learn and the good recruits will be here next season to strengthen the side ..
We have very little depth that can step up,thats the result of poor recruitment year after year,but we have to go with the flow until next year when we become stronger and tougher as a team...

Many on this thread seem to think it's the fans fault that the Tigers have lost 11 straight at Campbelltown. Complete rubbish and I wish you'd all stop with these comments.

The fans aren't the ones who lack imagination in attack and are lazy in defence.
Stop being so negative, it's only 10 straight losses at Cambo.

It's difficult following League as we'll get yet another official apology this week for Api's no try. Things are hard enough on the field for us without getting a fair rub of the green and for 2 weeks in a row no less against the grand finalists, which is already a tough hill to climb.

Not saying we could have won, but to not be given a fair chance just continues my slide down into caring less and less about the game. At 10-6 the side would have had their confidence lift certainly, the try being denied would just be deflating and on the back of the Panthers game too.

At this stage, I've gone from watching as many games as possible to just watching us. All I want is for decisions to be vastly more fairer than they are now.
And the nature of it just disgusted me. Over ruling the on field decision when the the ball was slammed down right in front of the ref, out stretched giving clear view, not in the middle of of a maul.

Stop being so negative, it's only 10 straight losses at Cambo.
Although most of the junior talent and growth area is in the South West, there is no doubt the heart & soul of the club is more towards the Inner West.
The problem with that is most of these people would rather go out for coffee on a Saturday night than travel more than 30 minutes to watch their team play and not many of them know where Campbelltown is.

Just got through watching the game having not seen it last night and not knowing the result.

1st Half, 0-16:

We played with a lot of intent and commitment earning possession and field position against possibly the form team of the competition but were let down by execution with the ball, mistakes and our kicking game.

Benji is right about the rub of the green, I am convinced if we didn’t have bad luck we would have no luck at all.

Api is our best player by some margin, Papali’i was good, as was Pole off the bench and Alaimolo on debut. Despite the sin bin there is alot to like about Sam Fainu starting on the edge.

Like last week if the referees have an opportunity to cruel us they will take it (Api no try).

We need to find a way to get API a break. He plays so hard over the 80 that we are going to wear him out. Do you think Latu can play 10-15 at hooker around the 35 minute mark or should we have TDS on the bench instead
I was there and wasn't impressed with Latu's dummy half work. Very slow.

2nd half:

Started with two fresh (unused) players on the bench. Despite this we appeared a bit flat out of the sheds and put pressure on ourselves early with the unnecessary penalty on Pole which lead to a try.

That was the game over there less than 5 mins into the half.

This was then backed up by multiple errors in possession putting us on the back foot and ultimately leading to the second Walsh try. At this point, according to Ennis, even the WT ball kids have Reece Walsh socks on.

Then down 0-28 Api comes off with back tightness with 23 mins to go. Latu on.

At this point we look out of ideas but we are still trying.

Latu knocks it on with 15 min to go in a try scoring situation leading to Walsh picking the ball up and running 60m at a faster pace than anyone in our team can despite having a calf issue. This led to the Haas try.

Galvin highlighted the team continuing to try when he got on the outside of Walters to create the opportunity for the Staines try.

We played with more freedom late in the game and some razzle dazzle on a last tackle led eventually to a kick from Naden than bounced fortuitously for Staines second try. Alaimolo going for a HIA late with Staggs on report but not penalised highlights our fortune with referees.

Full time, 10-34: in summary we were willing and played with some good intent but found ourselves on the wrong end of almost every key moment in the game against a clinical Broncos team where Carrigan, Reynolds and Walsh in particular were excellent. We lack some class, polish and execution but we’re better than the score line suggests. Also, the commentators loving the Broncos was hard to listen to.

And the nature of it just disgusted me. Over ruling the on field decision when the the ball was slammed down right in front of the ref, out stretched giving clear view, not in the middle of of a maul.
We were nowhere near good enough, however you have to wonder why a ball that was slammed down so hard for a try, was even looked at. Are they trying to disallow tries from the tigers. Are all tries examined in such super slow motion or just ours. Reminds me of THAT decision some time ago against the Cows.

Back