LIVE GAME Round 3 Discussion ••SPOILERS••

Live Game Discussion
And remember, we're just 1 week into Benji's systems for the team.
Can't expect everything to happen instantly.
New players, different plays etc etc
(It's tough as fans but we're here for the long haul.)
It's a journey like no other.
😂 I’ll be watching for the second half change again, got a suspicion they’re playing the Wiggles ‘hot potato’ song in the shed.

Mitchell and Walker are so far from the worst players at Souths. It is entirely possible that their off-field personas have put the rest of the playing group off and that is part of what is wrong at South Sydney. But, it is just as possible that they have the utmost respect of the playing group for standing up for their convictions. I'd guess most likely is the other players are indifferent to it.
The issues at South Sydney on-field for mine is a mediocre forward pack and missing their best outside back.

Agree with the holes in their team you mention. They have ear weaknesses.

On Latrell and Cody, it's not just them a large part of the playing group are off. It's Cook and the coach as well. This is from a Souths player.

Mike Tyson wasnt good because he copied others, his trainer developed a unique style for him based around his physical abilities.

Yes, the peek-a-boo style. Think it was around before
but Mike perfected it, point stands - work 2 ur strengths!

We need 2 set the backline a bit deeper. Easts were
running onto the ball & spreading it beautifully...

Won't win by going toe-2-toe with these guys & playing
a boring, risk-free brand of rugby league this evening

Agree with the holes in their team you mention. They have ear weaknesses.

On Latrell and Cody, it's not just them a large part of the playing group are off. It's Cook and the coach as well. This is from a Souths player.
hey, could you clarify please as i can interpret this a few ways. Is it

a) a large part of the playing group, including coach and Cook are off Mitchell and Walker.
b) a large part of the playing group are off Mitchell, Walker, Coach and Cook.
c) a large part of the playing group are off the Coach and Cook. And it is unknown really where Mitchell and Walker stand with either faction but are just brought into it due to the context of the conversation.

I assume b) but thought id check. Also any details you can reveal?

a) a large part of the playing group, including coach and Cook are off Mitchell and Walker.
c) a large part of the playing group are off the Coach and Cook. And it is unknown really where Mitchell and Walker stand with either faction but are just brought into it due to the context of the conversation.

Thier window is closed . They should move off all 4 st the end of this year . But the problem with nrl is , if you try and rebuild unlike other sports with drafts and restricted free agency , it is really really difficult to get yourself out of the cellar , so it is not recommended to allow yourself to fall into it. Hence why there’s such a massive middle in the nrl right now.
Most other sports, if you weren’t in your window , it would be advisable to bottom out for high draft picks . So the middle is only a handful of teams . It’s basically sporting seppuku , to end up like us or the dogs .

Because mate,its expected of us to lose 3 in a row,but its not expected of Souths with Trell and co,so its excuse after excuse and always someone elses fault.probably the coach hasnt got things right yet...
Just like it's expected for us to get three spoons in a row 😒

Not wrong. What does soccer have to do with it?
I think you’re missing the point.
They have head clashes and there is no penalty nor suspension.
Doesn’t matter if someone goes off or not in NRL. It is not a penalty or suspension at all. Most times it is an accident unless they’re leading with their head (Napa)

I think you’re missing the point.
They have head clashes and there is no penalty nor suspension.
Doesn’t matter if someone goes off or not in NRL. It is not a penalty or suspension at all. Most times it is an accident unless they’re leading with their head (Napa)

I don't think I am missing the point. I don't see how something in Soccer has anything to do with this type of collision in league

Yeh "b" is the one.

Maybe they addressed it over the off season as this was information from last year, but it doesn't look like it going off results.

You can tell the media know the rumours and on shows like 360 it seems obvious they want to say more but for some reason they don't. If those were rumours about the Tigers they wouldn't hesitate in saying it.

AJ Brimson. Knuckle head play of the year. What was he thinking? Cost his team 6 points and Canterbury make him pay with a try a few minutes later. No try now. Video Ref

I don't think I am missing the point. I don't see how something in Soccer has anything to do with this type of collision in league
It’s a head clash, not much difference?
Different sports, same head clash.
It’s an accident and that’s how it should be

Completely disagree on the Walsh hit. Of course he didn't mean to clash heads, but the game has changed so much in regards to concussion that coming in so careless is an offence and should be punished. It's the duty of care of the defender to make physical adjustments to avoid these collisions. May made no effort to do this, he went in wild, uncontrollable and careless/reckless and broke a blokes face. This isnt the 80's or 90's.

He should have been sent to the bin and given 3 to 4 weeks suspension.
There are so many head clashes these days as a result of the defensive technique, first man to the attacking player makes contact at even height and holds him while others come in and drive him back... First man in going lower has the potential to lift and drop the attacker and there's often a quick Ptb... But common sense tells us going in.on even height has the potential to increase head clashes which is what we're seeing the last few years.
I agree with yiu May was careless and it's the rule it's a defenders obligation to not tackle in a careless or dangerous manner

It’s a head clash, not much difference?
Different sports, same head clash.
It’s an accident and that’s how it should be

I don't know how to even respond to this. The soccer reference is completely irrelevant to league. Soccer they compete for headers in the air, they compete for the ball on the ground at the same height. In league the defender is obligated to get lower. It's completely different. A league player won't be penalised for a head clash if they are competing for a loose ball, it's only in the more controlled defensive situation like the May tackle. Soccer just doesn't mean a thing in this.

Back