LIVE GAME Round 12 vs. Cowboys

Live Game Discussion
With SoO around the corner gotta look after the Queenslanders.
Cooper Donks commentary was sickening. White washing the incident in real time. If a Queenslander was capable of feeling shame I would say that was a shameful display of one eyed commentary. It was worse than listening to Michael Anus commentating a Tigers game it was that biased.

Cooper Donks commentary was sickening. White washing the incident in real time. If a Queenslander was capable of feeling shame I would say that was a shameful display of one eyed commentary. It was worse than listening to Michael Anus commentating a Tigers game it was that biased.
Agree, and I notice Tucker is very quiet at these times. 😜

We lack talent and have a coach learning on the job. A good recipe for success. Oh and we get hammered at the judiciary because the NRL know we won’t contest anything so are free to make examples of our players.
Correct,justice and equality Anusley style

Agree, and I notice Tucker is very quiet at these times. 😜
I made my point on Friday night.
The Holmes tackle couldn’t be avoided as he was hit mid air by his team mate which changed his trajectory, pushing him onto Isaiah’s leg. It did result in injury, but was accidental so I suspected it would not be a suspension.
Klemmers tackle was closer to the classic hipdrop where he left his feet and used gravity and his weight to affect a tackle, landing directly on the attackers legs. It could have been avoided and deserved suspension. As it was his 4th offence this year alone, that means he cops multiple weeks, exactly as Sezer received.

The Holmes tackle couldn’t be avoided as he was hit mid air by his team mate which changed his trajectory, pushing him onto Isaiah’s leg. It did result in injury, but was accidental so I suspected it would not be a suspension.
Klemmers tackle was closer to the classic hipdrop where he left his feet and used gravity and his weight to affect a tackle, landing directly on the attackers legs. It could have been avoided and deserved suspension. As it was his 4th offence this year alone, that means he cops multiple weeks, exactly as Sezer received.
I agree, before the crackdown on hip drop clubs were using more players, so it’s not needed in the game.

Guess you didn't see twal push klem over during the tackle? BTW how come Mitchell gets less?

Guess you didn't see twal push klem over during the tackle? BTW how come Mitchell gets less?
Klemmer was always going to land how he did..
Mitchel certainly shouldn’t have gotten less. He has one of the worst records in the code.

IMHO it’s not bias against or for any club in particular , but rather some within the nrl ref ranks have a firm grasp on the rule , and how it’s implemented , where others (some are high ranked referees) just simply don’t .
I mean purely based on reading this thread about them , neither do we all really ! There’s too much discretion and interpretation involved .
I have zero idea how to clean the rule up , as I think with these type of rules , the more you tinker the more confusion you add , but the reality is , outside of a spear tackle and clotheshanger , i don’t think it can be argued that the hip drop and the cannonball are basically a sure fire way to get a lower leg injury .
If anyone remembers the botch job the nrl did when they tried to fix the obstruction rule , I remember an origin where NSW got absolutely screws by the lack of understanding of the rule , at the time .
This rule and changing it will be another situation like that .
I will say this . Tackling with fatigue , technique , positioning , size of the attacker , power of the attacker , is basically an art form in 2024 at nrl level .

This is a joke the NRL is corrupt, they seem to be out to get us every opportunity, we need to appeal KLEMMERs 3 weeks and show Val’s hip drop
Imo the NRL aren't corrupt, they're just friggin pathetically run.

We have players such as Lobb, Sullivan, Aaimalo, Feledy, Casey, Fainu and Matamua there to pick up the slack for other players due to suspensions and injury. There's no room for recruitment as our roster is full and our options are limited to KoE or Jersey Flegg players.
This is a significant constraint for Benji. With 15 more rounds to go, he needs to focus on somehow building continuity despite the revolving roster.

Not doing a rewatch but from what I remember the 7 tackle set which led to their first try set the tone for the game. (We were on the back foot from the get go). Sullivan's pass to the wrong man and Feledy's knock on the other key moments. But I thought Feledy had a much improved performance than his debut. Galvin and Sullivan were good though, overall.
Samuela Fainu is my favourite player to watch. Love everything about him.
We showed resolve and got a lot more creative. We were down 20 nil 20 minutes in, so for mine there's a couple of positives there.

Despite our poor results, this serves Benji and Richo with knowing which players are worth keeping or letting go. We don't have the cap to do a complete rebuild. Find it's premature to assess Benji's coaching, the constant changes with the team selections and inexperience add another layer of challenges to his efforts. This will likely be a limitation for the remainder of the season and next year will be better to judge his coaching abilities IMO.
G'day Lauren...Great to see you posting again :giggle:, and a Great 'thinking person's' post.

I just now watched the replay, and as others have said....'without the emotion involved'....... we looked a much better Team than I felt we were on the day.
I agree with You 💯about Samuela Fainu, in fact he excites me [no....not that way though ;)].
Imo, We have a good'n on our hands, maybe even a Very Good'n :p.
The other players I enjoyed watching were Galvin, Sullivan, Feledy, Seyfarth and Staines.
But what on earth was Bulla doing when Holmes scored at the 21.33 mins mark of the 2nd half?
There seemed to be no urgency from him in getting across to stop Holmes...maybe he was gassed atpit? :unsure:

We have players such as Lobb, Sullivan, Aaimalo, Feledy, Casey, Fainu and Matamua there to pick up the slack for other players due to suspensions and injury. There's no room for recruitment as our roster is full and our options are limited to KoE or Jersey Flegg players.
This is a significant constraint for Benji. With 15 more rounds to go, he needs to focus on somehow building continuity despite the revolving roster.

Not doing a rewatch but from what I remember the 7 tackle set which led to their first try set the tone for the game. (We were on the back foot from the get go). Sullivan's pass to the wrong man and Feledy's knock on the other key moments. But I thought Feledy had a much improved performance than his debut. Galvin and Sullivan were good though, overall.
Samuela Fainu is my favourite player to watch. Love everything about him.
We showed resolve and got a lot more creative. We were down 20 nil 20 minutes in, so for mine there's a couple of positives there.

Despite our poor results, this serves Benji and Richo with knowing which players are worth keeping or letting go. We don't have the cap to do a complete rebuild. Find it's premature to assess Benji's coaching, the constant changes with the team selections and inexperience add another layer of challenges to his efforts. This will likely be a limitation for the remainder of the season and next year will be better to judge his coaching abilities I

Wow!!! Good on yuh Bunji :D.
You've taken a big hit and copped a bruise [just as you did when playing] for the sake of the Teams confidence.
You're not putting any useless pressure on the Team, because You know the Team is playing the way you want them to, but under pressure during the games, they just aren't performing at the level you feel they can.
I'm not gonna cancel my Kayo just yet as I feel there are better things to come for Our Team and Supporters, not forgetting Our WTs Members of course, and I'm one of them.

Shame we couldn't play the Cowboys this week with six out representing SOO. Sought of puts things into perspective about the difference Payten has to work with compared to what our squad looked like last week.

Latest posts

Back