LIVE GAME Round 11 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
Being on the positive side, we were without our two highest paid 2nd rowers, we lost both centres for 20 minutes, and a makeshift pack of forwards.
I think we did well to stay in the game as long as we did.
I thought Fainu, Api, Pole and Seyfarth played their hearts out along with Galvin's defence and limited attack opportunities.
Next year; with a better half and centre? Plus a couple more decent recruits we will win these type of games.
I feel the same. It's like one step forward and two steps back, as the team dynamics changes too.

Not to derail the thread.
I don't like saying this as the club really is at fault for our poor rosters and the trajectory of player careers here, but Galvin looks eager to step up and lead the team, no offence to former players intended. He's fully aware of the club's shortcomings and isn't overawed by the prospect of this responsibility.
However, he also needs time to build chemistry and combinations which is hindered by the constant changes in our team lineup.

Agreed. The club really has to stay on top of our recruitment though and surround him with better support (incl. players) than our previous halves have ever had.
Perhaps additional coaching and mentorship for Galvin and Bula would be a great start.

8 Years and counting, He'll get over eventually....
I remember when he tried it over a little bloke (Mahoney maybe) and got absolutely folded 1 on 1...

What's worse, Is that there's been 3+ coaches now, That think a settler on the 4-5th in the Red Zone is good for the team....
It's nuts, We're the only team that plays like that...
It’s called, we tried both edges and the middle (slowly) and got nowhere, now we’re going to lay a settler for a kick on the back foot. The wingers step back inside when gifted a free run to the line. The centres can’t beat anyone one on one. Nobody contests high kicks. We are absolutely impotent in the backline.

You'd think that the NRL would see all the NSW teams v Qld teams in Magic Round in the draw. All they have to do is reverse the home games, so we could have played Dolphins at home earlier this year.

Instead we face Bennett and his team of all stars twice in Qld. I call BS. It would have been easy for the NRL to make things more fair for NSW teams.

The NRL either deliberately chose to give Qld all the advantages again, or they couldn't be arsed organising the draw fairly. Tigers, Manly and Souths were dudded IMO, not for the first time.
We (Pascoe and co) in the past have requested our home games be at magic round
Hopefully no more

Titans have been unlucky this year, dropping several games they deserved to win. They will come good at the back end.

Souths?…they are a real mystery. Too good to play a whole year like this. Probably won’t get many Origin reps so they may start to play better during that campaign.

We’re in trouble I think….
Parra will contend for the spoon.

This is the most pessimistic I've felt going into the next few rounds .We get 3 byes this year ensuring we get to 10 points but seems a threepeat of the spoon is on the way .We seem to be forced to pick a side with a number of failed cup players .Just look at our cup side being last on the table with a for and against twice as bad as the next worst .
Now IPaps looking to jump ship as losing every week is not fun .Garner ,Brooks ,Talau and Madden and Liddle get to smile a lot more often .
We need a much stronger roster asap !

We (Pascoe and co) in the past have requested our home games be at magic round
Hopefully no more
Are top clubs as happy to give away home ground advantage for dollars or is it just WT? Just asking. I honestly don't know but my gut feeling is they would be more fiercely competitive than Tigers are. I never understood why WT didn't snap up Flanagan either. The WT are a mystery.

How did Papalii go from being a gun to a plodder? Why did Nadan forget to bring his head along with him from Penrith? Why was Brooks used as a halfback for many years when he clearly had all the organisational skills of a Christmas beetle? How did Madge go from being a premiership winner to a spooner? Why do the Tigers do all the hard work developing and nurturing players like Teddy, Moses and Garner into first graders so they can be poached by other clubs?

The club is a riddle wrapped in an enigma!

Back