LIVE GAME Round 11 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
I don't want to be questioning coaching but I understand the sentiment. The past decade is littered with board plans that have been discarded within a year of being set out. We have to see this through with Benji and whatever Richo is cooking.

It's impossible to turn around a decade of incompetence in a single season. It sucks and it hurts now but there is 100% an improvement in this team and all these young Blokes need time to develop.

With the amount of dangerous tackles and hip drops that are seemingly so dangerous to our "precious NRL players". Maybe there needs to be 15min KIAs (knee injury assessments). The game is breeding players that are laying down whenever they think it's close to a hip drop in hope of 10 minute bin, penalty and a 2-4 week suspension. The game is becoming real boring and I'm beginning to dislike the sport regardless of the result.

A few here have said we just cant score enough points- I think now that is a given. We are close to average 2 tries per game against our opponents 3 to 4. We just cant win with that ratio. Coaching and selections needs a huge kick up the bum. Get a coaching director.
Selections aren’t the issue. It’s the 30 man roster that’s the issue. Benji would only be replacing one ordinary player with an another.

We lack quality backs and 2 hard running edge forwards big time.
The defence knows this and does not have to come in to help defend and then we don't create the overlaps.

Angus C would be one I would pay overs for as it's hard to watch Seyfarth each week.

Naden will be there again next week unfortunately as we have no one left
The fact we can’t replace Naden is embarrassing. Are we a professional organisation or what? Sign someone.

There is enough talent in that Dolphins side to have effected a drubbing tonight let alone against 11 men and team that no one rates. I feel more than comfortable in defending that performance. Easy to bag not so easy to fix.
Fair mate, I saw it differently. I thought Dolphins had a pretty off night and most other teams in the comp probably put them away tonight

I don't want to be questioning coaching but I understand the sentiment. The past decade is littered with board plans that have been discarded within a year of being set out. We have to see this through with Benji and whatever Richo is cooking.

It's impossible to turn around a decade of incompetence in a single season. It sucks and it hurts now but there is 100% an improvement in this team and all these young Blokes need time to develop.
I actually don't believe their has been all that much improvement. I'm going to crunch the stats now

Reactions: BZN
Why don’t you tell us how good we were again???
We could all use a laugh right now.
Why don’t you surprise us and tell us of any positives or how we were gypped on occasion?
Hard to be a tough guy without ever saying anything of a positive nature?

Was never in favour of Benji being appointed coach;even less happy about the way it was cooked up. However, like most, I support the team & whoever is coaching.
Benji has to be accountable because he went along with it.
Which other club appoints a head coach who had never coached before at any level.
This is it. I agree wholeheartedly. What I have noticed though is Richo puts all the pressure of the football results on Benji. Reckon Richo knows Benji is not the right man for the job. Richo will sack him in or after 2025. Needs to improve financials to do it.

Fair mate, I saw it differently. I thought Dolphins had a pretty off night and most other teams in the comp probably put them away tonight
100% you look at the stats we should have put 30 on them. It's not the players it's the lack of an attacking plan.

We had 55% possession, 90% completion vs 67%, they missed 44 tackles and 27 ineffective (vs 25 and 7 for us).

Wonder of richo low key would have wanted Wayne
here instead lol. Agree though, we need to see this
through though. Would like benji to stop coddling
them though I felt this was coming. Again Jake a
complete waste on the bench like last week, too
late, that time api is already gassed and the game
is gone. I get we had injuries but it's not working.

Sezer, Papali’i and Bateman we might have kept the difference. Sad that our attack is so poor. Dud Sullivan is the main reason we don’t convert field position into tries. He is useless. He is an awful kicker and Sezer at least keeps us in games with a far superior kicking game. Galvin without Sezer is lost and can’t play his natural game. We are shit in defense but if you can score tries you have the other team tired - less defense. Sorry we have a million holes but Sullivan is the main problem. Useless.

With the amount of dangerous tackles and hip drops that are seemingly so dangerous to our "precious NRL players". Maybe there needs to be 15min KIAs (knee injury assessments). The game is breeding players that are laying down whenever they think it's close to a hip drop in hope of 10 minute bin, penalty and a 2-4 week suspension. The game is becoming real boring and I'm beginning to dislike the sport regardless of the result.

When other teams go low, we need to go lower. Ever team plays for penalties except us. Good on Sullivan for feigning injury at the end.

Back