LIVE GAME Round 1 Discussion *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
Do you think we’ll beat Canberra at that discipline? I think back to a time when we used to trouble the Storm with expansive play occasionally because we surprised them. Either way I think it’s an L.
No not at all. But win or lose I feel Benji needs to start to develop a gritty team.

I just watched the replay as I was working last night. Hard to fault Canberra's round 1 performance as has already been hightlighted. I'm not sure that expansive footy is what we will be playing. All talk over the off season was about a simplified game plan. Our outside backs were hardly used in the pre season games.

Not sure you can read much into the loss to Saints. The glass half empty side of me sees it as a dismal performance lacking in heart and skill. The glass half full side of me sees it as a kick in the arse at exactly the right time of the season.

My expectation after the Saints game is that Benji and the team would have disected it for what is was - worked hard on the deficiences and with no game to prepare for this week would be sifting through the video today with a fine toothed comb.

No need to match it with Canberra - we need to play to our strengths. Sure run hard and tackle hard is required but I think if Sezer can exercise control and we execute high the Sullivan's and Bulla's will get opportinities later in the game.

Canberra and St George have both shown what happens when you play with intensity.

Only a week and a couple of days until we know if we learned something from the pre season trial loss or if we are destined for the 3pete!

I expect we learned a shit tin - but will it be enough on the 16th March? Not confident in a win - but I'm confident that we will be in the game.

Last edited:
Looking at the Dogs team round 1 its incredible the number of players that were stars at other clubs that now are at Belmore ! Its taken a couple of years but now Taafe from souths Hutchison from the Roosters and of course the Penrith mob with Crichton, Burton and Kikau ,Salmon and Storms Addo Carr and King ,Parras Mahoney ,Warriors Josh Curran and Knights Kurt Mann
How do they fit it all in ? Maybe Gus has his own rules
Do they ever develop any home grown talent maybe Kiraz but not much else !

Reactions: BZN
Looking at the Dogs team round 1 its incredible the number of players that were stars at other clubs that now are at Belmore ! Its taken a couple of years but now Taafe from souths Hutchison from the Roosters and of course the Penrith mob with Crichton, Burton and Kikau ,Salmon and Storms Addo Carr and King ,Parras Mahoney ,Warriors Josh Curran and Knights Kurt Mann
How do they fit it all in ? Maybe Gus has his own rules
Do they ever develop any home grown talent maybe Kiraz but not much else !
With these blokes hogging all the cap money, surely theyll have no depth.
As soon as the injuries come, theyll fall in a shitheap

Strange game this Warriors / Sharks match.
Warriors totally on top and Sharks looked really bad up the middle then for 10mins remaining in 1st Sharks got at least 4 penalties (all fair) and Warriors turned right off and now somehow it’s nearly level & Sharks have the momentum.

I've never understood the shot clock for scrums

There was a scrum in front of the sharks posts.. Sharks feed... They were slow... Shit clock hooter goes off and a few seconds later sharks feed it and get possesion

Thought it may have been a Warriors penalty in front??

So far this round, the favourites have been done over by the teams who are methodical, patient and committed.
A rugged Manly outfit bashed up the glamour Bunnies.
A ruthless Roosters squad took out the extravagant Broncos.
A hardarse Raiders side outmuscled the flashy Knights.
A Cronulla side ready for battle outlasted the skillfull Warriors.

I wish the whole year went like this. Id imagine most punters are 0 & 4 to start the season?

So far this round, the favourites have been done over by the teams who are methodical, patient and committed.

I wish the whole year went like this. Id imagine most punters are 0 & 4 to start the season?
And nobody mention my tips, right??!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: BZN

Yeah bookies and betting agencies cleaning up... Always good to wait til about round 5 before putting your hard earned on... I'm 0/4 also... But yeah it makes the footy interesting.
I guess after a few weeks teams suss out other teams

I must have watched a different game to everyone last night , because that raiders team , didn’t offer much outside of 5 hitups and a kick . No way Fogarty can have the same accuracy and precision with his kicking game two weeks in a row . He’s not that good

Latest posts

Back