Player Review v Warriors

boonboon

Laurie - Injured 10 mins in and didnt we miss him

Mbye - Played majority of game at fullback and had a try assist and a scored a try and made 120 meters. Did not provide leadership but as a fill in FB he prob played ok

Nofa - 120 meters, a try, 5 offloads, 2 tackle breaks - Usally the edges are the problem in our poor performance but he was good tonight and even his defence was better

Talau - 90 meters, no errors and while he missed 1 tackles they wasnt influential. Wasnt the problem tonight

Chee Kam - First game in weeks and only 3rd game in NRL this year and was called into the centres early after the injury to Laurie. Played 66 mins in the centres and did an amazing job given the above. 157 meters, 66 post contact and 13 tackles no misses and 1 error. Prob the best game we have had from a centre although aganst weak opposition.

Maumalo - Huge game saved a try from a kick through, 221 meters inc 90 post contact and no errors or missed tackles. Our best player tonight

Douehi - Yes he scored a try , had 2 line breaks and made 191 meters but he was responsible for their first try, missed 5 tackles, was the person who left the short drop out behind him for the 3rd try and given he was on the wing im guessing it was his idea. His attack was poor mainly taking wrong options near the line and crowding his centres and winger or throwing them poor passes and did not take control of the game when we needed him too - i.e - All game. Had 1 good bomb but didn't take it on enough and the stupid 2 point FG attempt with 8 mins left.

Brooks - Dumb, Soft game as half and captain. Missed 4 tackles, had 2 errors inc a hard one that could have been a runaway try. But ran for 176 meters. However as Captain and halfback he played dumb footy and didn't grab the game and took the soft option for 2 short drop outs and a woeful 2 point FG attempt. Soft and Dumb game and showed he just isnt up to it

Joffa - Great game in only 49 minutes he made 146 meters and 24 tackles with no misses. We looked great when he and Stefano were on and horrible without them

Luch - Played 80 minutes which shows crap coaching again as he shouldnt. Made 128 meters, 8 tackle busts but his running has never been the problem. Missed 2 tackles but was also partly responsible for the 1st try with Douehi and the 2nd try and when he didn't help Liddle against a charging prop. Needs to have a 20 min break either side of half time but we also have no forward depth to allow it. His defensive postioning and work though is crap but his attack is great

Blore - 1 horrible moment when he didn't pay attention and get to Dummy half. Watching back he was the only one close enough to get in their and he didnt. Other then that though in his first starting game and first game of any type in weeks he had some good moments making 93 meters and 33 tackles without a miss. He overran the play multiple times but timing can get better.

Stefano - Up their with Maumalo as best on ground and we only looked good when he was on. 58 mins - 166 meters, 36 tackles with 2 misses but we shouldnt be relying on a 21 yr old prop in his first season to be the star of our pack.

Twal - Played 80 minutes in another poor coaching effort as its too much even for him and dents his effectiveness. 141 meters and 53 tackles with 0 misses was a huge effort. Him and Stefano make a great pair together but they got no backup from the bench or the coach.

Liddle - Woeful 8 missed tackles and his service was slow and ponderous and he provided no spark from dummy half including diving at the line when he was never going to score on the 5th. He isnt up to 80 minutes and that is poor coaching to make him try imo. Is a bench hooker in a decent team and we are playing him 80 mins.

The Bench - Offered 0 impact and isnt up to NRL level. Injuries and crap palyers have left us short but the team fell apart when the nsw cup players came on while the Warriors bench took control. Combination of poor coaching, poor selection and lack of avialable players

Amone - Big difference between NSW cup and NRL. 23 minutes for only 40 meters and provided no impact. Didnt help Liddle to let in a try to his opposite bench prop. Not up to NRL level and shouldnt be kept next year

Simpkins - 33 minutes at prop for 23 meters. Only young so deserves some leeway but will need to get better then this as when he and Amone came on our game fell apart.

Tuilagi - 16 minutes and did nothing and looked lost out their. Big difference between NSW cup and NRL. 1st game gives him some breathing space but not for long

Madge - A dumb team is a reflection on the coach and the continued poor defence in the Leilua/Douehi corridoor needs something done. His key spine took soft options which is on him and them, he had no bench hooker and 3 rookies on the bench (although im not sure we had anyone else available)

So in conclusion - The spine was atrocious, the bench was non existent but the rest were for once mostly good.

Thanks for your effort in analysing the team.

No 3, 2, 1 thread tonight hey?
@TheDaBoss
I am not surprised though...

I love the influx of threads after a loss.
Make for a great read...

3 MCK
2 Blore
1 Stefano

Thanks for the efforts tonight from @Geo and @willow
I, for one anticipated some dramas after such a shameful loss like that.

Dark day for the Tigers and the fans, especially... wondering if there will be any backlash from this? Other than the usual nonsense dished up by career nobodies Hooper and Sloshfield.

I also hope the players self reflect over the next few days and ask themselves, is this what they want to be remembered for.

The end of season review can't come soon enough, hey @cochise ?

Respect to everyone.
Hope you all have a great weekend despite the bad start to it, with tonight. 👑🐯

Very accurate summary. Only disagree on a couple of things. Nofa’s attempt to play the ball behind the Warriors player leg wasn’t smart. I though Tuilagi looked ok in limited minutes. He could be the solution to getting Luciano a bit of a rest.

@demps said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432021) said:
Thanks for your effort in analysing the team.

No 3, 2, 1 thread tonight hey?
@TheDaBoss
I am not surprised though...

I love the influx of threads after a loss.
Make for a great read...

3 MCK
2 Blore
1 Stefano

Thanks for the efforts tonight from @Geo and @willow
I, for one anticipated some dramas after such a shameful loss like that.

Dark day for the Tigers and the fans, especially... wondering if there will be any backlash from this? Other than the usual nonsense dished up by career nobodies Hooper and Sloshfield.

I also hope the players self reflect over the next few days and ask themselves, is this what they want to be remembered for.

The end of season review can't come soon enough, hey @cochise ?

Respect to everyone.
Hope you all have a great weekend despite the bad start to it, with tonight. 👑🐯

Yeah I’m sure it’ll be the usual dribble from Lee about how much they trust Madge

@boonboon said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432017) said:
Talau - 90 meters, no errors and while he missed 1 tackles they wasnt influential. Wasnt the problem tonight

I'm disappointed (and surprised) in Talau's lack of basics. He seems unable to complete a fundamental draw & pass. He messed one up last week (forward pass) and another one tonight where he passed way too early (didn't draw his man) and left Nofo with a defender on top of him.

We score that tonight we probably win. Little things are costing us.

@nrlsurvivor said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432031) said:
Very accurate summary. Only disagree on a couple of things. Nofa’s attempt to play the ball behind the Warriors player leg wasn’t smart.

The infuriating thing is we were penalised when the same thing happened to a Warriors player. Cummins hates us. Should have been a penalty to us.

I’m not going to pick on the bench

MCK was great considering his flaws at center before

Amone 1st game for what 6-7 weeks as he missed some reggies

Kids came on with no experience around them, when Liddle was off his feet and the halves just didn’t organize.

We had 70% possession and all the field position in the 1st half. The forwards did the job. Our backs held firm and for once didn’t get carved up. This game was lost by Mbye, Brooks, AD and Liddle.

Madge baffles me as Liddle hasn’t been able to play 80mins for weeks now. Lucy isn’t an 80min player the speed of the game has found him out. Brooks and AD cannot organise anything.

Our season is gone lets see what Madden and Simpkin are made of.

Interesting that many posters have noticed that playing KOE Cup players who have had little experience and no recent game time, was hugely detrimental. Yet many fans are calling for wholesale changes on a weekly basis and complaining that these guys aren't getting played. Important to realise that as the weeks pass with no reggies games playing these guys aren't getting any match fitness or playing minutes to help them develop and the inexperienced guys can't be expected to make that big a step up.

@voice_of_reason said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432037) said:
@boonboon said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432017) said:

I'm disappointed (and surprised) in Talau's lack of basics. He seems unable to complete a fundamental draw & pass. He messed one up last week (forward pass) and another one tonight where he passed way too early (didn't draw his man) and left Nofo with a defender on top of him.

We score that tonight we probably win. Little things are costing us.

Good call on Talau I'd forgotten that blown try and agree he really can't do that - to me thats poor coaching to not be able to execute that. Another dumb thing we lost on last night

**No support play -**
Our players don't support each other. Few occasions last night I saw an available offload but no one there to receive. MCK had a perfect one ready but it went ignored. Another piece of evidence when Joe plays the ball and no one there to receive it....

**Nofo, any way but forward -**
How does he get away with it?
Takes a hit up and proceeds to run sideways and backwards. He isn't fooling me...
Absolute waste of time.
A try here and there doesn't make up for 95% of his game being sideways running, coming out of the line and woeful defence.

Nice write up.

I’d have to say, as much as I don’t rate him - MCK played good, needed a break from xbox.

Another one is Douhie, I rate him - but he had a sook on the night, most likely because Brooks was captain.. A few times there were openings on his side but he decided to run himself (that’s why he has those meters)..

Also, Joffa for me looks so small.. plays the ball super slow because he’s trying to milk - just get on with it and get quick play the balls..

Nofa…. Jeeeze like usual he is running sideways instead of straight and hard..

Brooks.. that’s the reason why we want him gone.

The Tigers actually won with the stats and warriors had an extra 9 sets. majority of the team ran for over 100m.
Blore played a full game and defensively alot better than Garner has been but didnt get a lot of ball in attack as we always play LL which teams are switched onto.
Steff was huge.
Liddle needs a breather as he just cant go for the full 80mins. He tries hard but his defence needs a lot of work

The team went to sleep once the interchange forwards came on surprised madge kept them on the start of second half

@barnsta-b said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432174) said:
The Tigers actually won with the stats and warriors had an extra 9 sets. majority of the team ran for over 100m.
Blore played a full game and defensively alot better than Garner has been but didnt get a lot of ball in attack as we always play LL which teams are switched onto.
Steff was huge.
Liddle needs a breather as he just cant go for the full 80mins. He tries hard but his defence needs a lot of work

Liddle is garbage..
Horrendous service
Drops off a ton of tackles
Can’t play 80
No kicking game

Punt him !

Except for Stef thought it was a miserable performance in general.

Liddle is not a first grade hooker. His service is terrible and he can’t keep up in general play. He’s had his chance.

I am at the stage where the sight of Nofo annoys me.

@hobbo1 said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432193) said:
Steff was huge.

Liddle is garbage..
Horrendous service
Can’t play 80
No kicking game

Punt him !

He is hopeless

Steff was huge.

Liddle is garbage..
Horrendous service
Can’t play 80
No kicking game

Punt him !

Hope Russ has some valium in the cupboard....But Liddle cant be the only one to bag after last night,he deadset trys his best,but is taking a long time to develop into an 80 min NRL hooker...I honestly dont know if he will end up being the starting hooker or not but he definately cant be put out there for the full 80,at least not with the new rules and speed of the game...

@truetiger said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432207) said:
Steff was huge.

Liddle is garbage..
Horrendous service
Can’t play 80
No kicking game

Punt him !

Hope Russ has some valium in the cupboard....But Liddle cant be the only one to bag after last night,he deadset trys his best,but is taking a long time to develop into an 80 min NRL hooker...I honestly dont know if he will end up being the starting hooker or not but he definately cant be put out there for the full 80,at least not with the new rules and speed of the game...

Punt him ..!

@truetiger said in [Player Review v Warriors](/post/1432207) said:
is taking a long time to develop into an 80 min NRL hooker

He was good last week but the guy can't go 80 minutes and it's been obvious for ages. We need two hookers.

There are a couple of required changes:-

1. Liddle and SImpkin need to be in the team every week interchanging and hopefully we can get 80 quality minutes out of both of them.
2. The dumb short drop outs need to stop.
3. Luc needs a break.

Back