Penrith v Wigan WCC

I have zero sympathy for Ivan and i am not a fan of the pamfers but i hate to see teams get stitched up by biased officials and unfortunately that referee and video ref today were diabolical and completely biased for the home team
They lost to a superior team from a superior comp. based in a country that owns our backsides.
It's hard to accept I know.

They lost to a superior team from a superior comp. based in a country that owns our backsides.
It's hard to accept I know.
Bevan French showed his class as we said Todd. Our team would benefit from top tier talent like him.

Plays fullback, wing, centre and 5/8 and performs consistently. None of this 1 good game followed by 5 shockers that we have.

Him and the child Prince can save our season. Maybe even our decade.

French played great eh..

I always liked him but does anyone else remember when Parra played him on the wing after he said he wanted to be fullback? He had the worst showing I'd ever seen with absolute minus levels of effort.

I'm sure he's matured a lot since then but from the superleague I've seen, he's up there with the best in the comp.

French played great eh..

I always liked him but does anyone else remember when Parra played him on the wing after he said he wanted to be fullback? He had the worst showing I'd ever seen with absolute minus levels of effort.

I'm sure he's matured a lot since then but from the superleague I've seen, he's up there with the best in the comp.
I think he's matured a lot.
He's a real leader for Wigan and he's played well in just about every position in the backs.

French played great eh..

Looks like he’s put on about 10 kilos since those early Parra days but still got elite speed. Short term deal worthy.

I thought the Wigan 2nd half try was a No try ! ref sends up try ,video ref says no clear evidence to overule it .I thought there was
The Pampfers 80min try was one in which no camera angles could show anything but ref had sent up no try so I guess its no try .
However the result ? Don't really give a damm !

I have zero sympathy for Ivan and i am not a fan of the pamfers but i hate to see teams get stitched up by biased officials and unfortunately that referee and video ref today were diabolical and completely biased for the home team
Anyone think the Klown will be allowed to referee one of our games in 2024? The Klown has not been allowed out of the box for a WT's game since the rort in Round 19, 2022.

Cole looked okay at 5/8th for a rookie - but the loss of Crichton and absence of Luai brings their attack back to the field by a fair margin.

When Luai left the GF - Crichton was the bloke who stood up on their left side to provide the attacking spark in support to Cleary.

They would have lost the GF by 12+ if they had to rely on Cleary-Cogger from the start!

Cole looked okay at 5/8th for a rookie - but the loss of Crichton and absence of Luai brings their attack back to the field by a fair margin.

When Luai left the GF - Crichton was the bloke who stood up on their left side to provide the attacking spark in support to Cleary.

They would have lost the GF by 12+ if they had to rely on Cleary-Cogger from the start!
I agree. On the flip side wouldn’t you love to have weakened backline containing Cleary, Luai, Edwards, To’o, Tago and Turuva.

Last edited:
I agree. On the flip side wouldn’t you love to have weakened backline containing Cleary, Luai, Edwards, To’o, Tago and Turuva.
Yep - but Peachey, Garner and Eisenhuth all getting a run suggests their depth is waning

It also suggests that they have a side strong enough to carry those types of players, the types of players that every side needs to have so that they can fit everyone in under the cap and can do a job for the team when surrounded by quality players.

It should also be noted that the 3 mentioned players were also part of the Penrith squad all of last season when they were able to successfully achieve their third premiership in a row.

Members online

No members online now.
Back