Nostalgia

Can't remember having that either and associated Good Humor with American shows or movies that made reference to the Good Humor Man, who I think was their equivalent of our old ice cream man that drove around the local streets ringing the bell and selling ice cream.

I think our old ice cream man that drove around the local streets ringing their bell (prior to Mr Whippy and soft serve ice cream) were selling Peters ice cream (at least in the earlier days where I lived) and I think way back then the Choc Wedge was in a polka dot wrapper and was generally hard as a rock.

People would come running out of their houses and yards to catch the ice cream man, often in bare feet in the middle of Summer before he got away, and unless I was imagining things the tar (bitumen) was extra hot back in those days and unless I am mistaken would sometimes go soft and melt.

Remember a real treat for the family was getting the Family Brick that was like 2 pints or something like that and was in a cardboard box.

The large size ice cream we get these days is more often than not in a 2 or 4 litre plastic tub and back in those days no one had a fridge or freezer the size of what we have today and a Family brick was about as big as you could fit in your fridge freezer if you were lucky.

Poppy BF had these stashed away.

Attachments

• IMG_6285.jpeg
    IMG_6285.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6286.jpeg
    IMG_6286.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 8
Last weeks rugby league week.
Thanks champion @Buttface - some beaut memories there.

Among others, I had the pleasure of knowing Tony Brown as a man in his 80s. (He retired down near where I live.)
Tony played/captained Newtown and Penrith (where he was their inaugural captain in their first ever game when the penny panthers came into the comp). Also, he repped for the NSW and Australia.
Again, so revered is Tony at the Newtown club, its "Team of the Century" (1908–2008) included Brown as its five-eighth.
A true gentleman - RIP Tony - he passed in 2022.

Thanks champion @Buttface - some beaut memories there.

Among others, I had the pleasure of knowing Tony Brown as a man in his 80s. (He retired down near where I live.)
Tony played/captained Newtown and Penrith (where he was their inaugural captain in their first ever game when the penny panthers came into the comp). Also, he repped for the NSW and Australia.
Again, so revered is Tony at the Newtown club, its "Team of the Century" (1908–2008) included Brown as its five-eighth.
A true gentleman - RIP Tony - he passed in 2022.
Poppy BF left them to me. He was a ref, but a fan first. Mum said he was a tigers fan with a soft spot for the magpies. He said it was a myth and that he didn’t go for anyone just love the game. He was a ref till death.

Back