Nostalgia

Anyone from the Ryde-Eastwood district in the 70s-80s could tell you the sadly now defunct Midway Fish and Chips was a legendary institution....

Always a line out the door - freshly battered & cooked to order...

Old banging flyscreen door + the butcher's multi-coloured PVC curtain...

Far from glamorous - but a taste of childhood you can never replicate!

Last edited:
Gee, I remember fish and chips on a Friday night being at a pinch an affordable meal for a working class family back in the day when most families only had a single income.

Not exactly cheap these days.
It was a treat in our house and really looked forward to by all.
And a night off for Mum. They were simple days but those memories stick with you.

Anyone from the Ryde-Eastwood district in the 70s-80s could tell you the sadly now defunct Midway Fish and Chips was a legendary institution....

Always a line out the door - freshly battered & cooked to order...

Old banging flyscreen door + the butcher's multi-coloured PVC curtain...

Far from glamorous - but a taste of childhood you can never replicate!
Also known as the 5 ways. Remember it well, they along with shops at Eastwood, top Ryde, west Ryde and meadowbank have all contributed to the wealth of pharmaceutical companies that most now of us now subscribe to.

Also known as the 5 ways. Remember it well, they along with shops at Eastwood, top Ryde, west Ryde and meadowbank have all contributed to the wealth of pharmaceutical companies that most now of us now subscribe to.
Yes - it was Five Ways!

Not sure about the connection you're making with the old Chippies in the region and big pharma...

Not that the region lacks connections with the industry with Reckitt & Coleman down on Wharf Road...

My cholestrol is fine though!

Yes - it was Five Ways!

Not sure about the connection you're making with the old Chippies in the region and big pharma...

Not that the region lacks connections with the industry with Reckitt & Coleman down on Wharf Road...

My cholestrol is fine though!
The fact that I loved the fish, chips, burgers, scallops, chico rolls……….. is part of the reason why I take meds today. Thus contributing to big pharma profits.

The fact that I loved the fish, chips, burgers, scallops, chico rolls……….. is part of the reason why I take meds today. Thus contributing to big pharma profits.
I get you mate!!

The one in the old Waltons Arcade in West Ryde was our local within an easy walk and was great - but Five Ways was always worth the short drive.

Then there was the Geroulas' on the corner of Viccy Road opposite Toyota down from the vet...

The good old days mate!

Hope you stay healthy champ!

#WRB

Many, many years ago, I used to wear Tim Sheens' last player jersey from 1982, just like Peita Toppano is wearing that jersey! I used to wear it to school sport (as a demonstration against the boys being able to wear footy jerseys, but we had to wear our school t-shirts) and it was about 2cm longer than my sports skirt! 😂😂😂 and I thought I was fat 🙄😢

Latest posts

Members online

Back