Moses and Brooks

jrtiger

Having established themselves in first grade now (Brooks obviously a bit better established), will we see these two edging closer to their full potential? Moses showed glimpses last year when given freedom and with a hooker like Ballin, the two of them will only call the shots more and (hopefully) come into their own. These two have a lot of pressure to deliver, but if they really are as good as the small glimpses we've seen, maybe we will surprise a few sides next year! :sign:

They will get bashed playing off the back foot. Woods is the only real metre eater and the lack of planning by our recruitment area to back the kids up with some real HOGS in the forward pack is ridiculous. They will improve but I fear for their safety.

I hope they can kick on. We will really need the forwards to perform well next year. JT will need to get the team performing as a really well drilled team. I hope he can do this.

Either both will have to learn to tackle or one will have to go. Between them they miss too many tackles. You can hide one but not both. Hiding one on the left wing, one on the right wing means that that unless opposition go through the middle one or the other will be exposed and then our under par forwards will be exposed up the guts.
Potential means little if players and teams are not developed. Look at the great players that have left us for greener pastures and all we can say is wait for Brooksy and Moses. With the 2 we will fail especially with Taylor who as a player thought tackle was what you used for fishing.

@Tiger Coastie said:
Either both will have to learn to tackle or one will have to go. Between them they miss too many tackles. You can hide one but not both. Hiding one on the left wing, one on the right wing means that that unless opposition go through the middle one or the other will be exposed and then our under par forwards will be exposed up the guts.
Potential means little if players and teams are not developed. Look at the great players that have left us for greener pastures and all we can say is wait for Brooksy and Moses. With the 2 we will fail especially with Taylor who as a player thought tackle was what you used for fishing.

<big>**?**</big>

Pretty simple really
1 Brooks cant tackle,
2 Moses cant tackle,
3 we are weak up the middle,
4 Taylor could never tackle ,
5 Taylor cant coach
6 and most players of any talent have gone away

@Tiger Coastie said:
Potential means little if players and teams are not developed. **Look at the great players that have left us for greener pastures** and all we can say is wait for Brooksy and Moses. With the 2 we will fail especially with Taylor who as a player thought tackle was what you used for fishing.

I am looking for the "great players who have left us for greener pastures" without much success!

@MightyMaggy said:
@Tiger Coastie said:
Potential means little if players and teams are not developed. **Look at the great players that have left us for greener pastures** and all we can say is wait for Brooksy and Moses. With the 2 we will fail especially with Taylor who as a player thought tackle was what you used for fishing.

I am looking for the "great players who have left us for greener pastures" without much success!

Please enlighten us Tiger Coastie as to who these great players are that have left us?

Presume you are talking recently and not digging up players from a few years ago.

I presume (and hope) you are not talking about Koro, Blair, Austin, Taupau, Martin etc.

So I am at a loss as to who these players are - please help.

I am obviously looking at this whole scenario incorrectly and I was apparently watching a different Taylor than you as a player - which Taylor was I watching, were there 2 that played for Norths?

Moses' defence is very good for the most part. It's when he's completely isolated against a much bigger man that he struggles, as do all smaller guys. Brooks technique is a bit more hit and miss. He's got the size but it's often his positioning which is the cause of problems and he then goes too high or too low.

Put decent defensive back rowers and centres alongside them, let them work on combinations and communication and then see how they go. Stopping them getting isolated is a team effort.

Wests Tigers have extended option dates for Luke and Mitchell until Mid-Year 2016…

@Geo. said:
Wests Tigers have extended option dates for Luke and Mitchell until Mid-Year 2016…

Is this to line up with Balmain officially ending or the coach being punted?

Halves hesitant to opt in for 2017 according to Danny Wieldler

Just keeps on getting better and better doesn't it. Losing those two would be the icing on the cake. They've invested so much into them

@marzie said:

Just keeps on getting better and better doesn't it. Losing those two would be the icing on the cake. They've invested so much into them

Maybe they want to see who's coaching at that time.
This whole option in their favour was ridiculous right from the start.
If they play well in the first half of the season, they'll go to a better club. ( and who could really blame them)
The only way they'll stay is if they don't play any better, and can't get the same ( or better) money elsewhere. Then they have WTs over a barrel

They;re not 'established'. Another season or two then yes. Definitely not yet. They're 20/21?

@marzie said:

Would you consider any extension now until the coaching issue is finalised? No doubt the Farah issues is a consideration and don't forget the links between Cherrington, Moses and Brooks. A nice trio for a club looking for a package.

@Pawsandclaws said:
@marzie said:

Would you consider any extension now until the coaching issue is finalised? No doubt the Farah issues is a consideration and don't forget the links between Cherrington, Moses and Brooks. A nice trio for a club looking for a package.

Fair point. It would be a kick in the guts if they did decide to leave though

If Brooks and Moses are unsure of staying because of the coach, then I'd say the coach will be gone. Those two are going to get paid by us and the only way I don't see that happening is if they suffer a serious injury, which is highly unlikely. Seriously, the club has taken the model of developing youth over recruiting established players and part of that model involves paying up when it is time.

If these guys kick on then someone will miss out and take the cash elsewhere - maybe Sironen, maybe Ava

They have not got an easy job. Playing behind a beaten pack. Net year wont be any different in this regard.

These guys have talent and have been playing together since juniors. Yet Taylor had them playing Taylor ball with no flair or combination. As an ex half I thought Taylor would be good here, but he has been an abject failure.

Back