9 Farah
10 Mats
11 Rowdy
12 Mqeen cheeky
13 Ryan m

Bench liddle taylor benji 3 x fowards
For me I think biggest change will be a big mobile lock

i dont think mqueen will be picked

I know he shouldn't be but if Madge doesn't get him firing he won't get another chance in nrl

As has been mentioned, we have a lot off contract next year, and if Bennett has a few follow him to Souths we may pick up a few from there

1\. Mbye
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Momo
5\. Thompson
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Twal
11\. Lawrence
12\. Matterson
13\. Elijah Taylor

14\. Liddle
15\. Matulino
16\. Aloiai
17\. Eisenhuth

Not sure what I make of this team tbh. I believe it's our strongest… but it's simply not all that strong at all

Maguire will make Twal a leading prop in the NRL, he may break the Huth though.

@ said:
1\. Mbye
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Momo
5\. Thompson
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Twal
11\. Lawrence
12\. Matterson
13\. Elijah Taylor

14\. Liddle
15\. Matulino
16\. Aloiai
17\. Eisenhuth

Not sure what I make of this team tbh. I believe it's our strongest… but it's simply not all that strong at all

After their respective perfirmances this season Chee Kam deserves to be in the 17 before Aloiai IMO. MCK was one of our most consistent players this season, he definately has more impact as a bench player than in the starting side though, yet Aloiai was a massive disappointment. The broken jaw or whatever he sustained in the pre-season would have upset his start to 2018 but hopefully he pulls out a huge 2019 and fulfills his (gulp) P.O.T.E.N.T.I.A.L. That is a scary word to say when used in regards to our club.

@ said:
@ said:
1\. Mbye
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Momo
5\. Thompson
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Farah
10\. Twal
11\. Lawrence
12\. Matterson
13\. Elijah Taylor

14\. Liddle
15\. Matulino
16\. Aloiai
17\. Eisenhuth

After their respective perfirmances this season Chee Kam deserves to be in the 17 before Aloiai IMO. MCK was one of our most consistent players this season, he definately has more impact as a bench player than in the starting side though, yet Aloiai was a massive disappointment. The broken jaw or whatever he sustained in the pre-season would have upset his start to 2018 but hopefully he pulls out a huge 2019 and fulfills his (gulp) P.O.T.E.N.T.I.A.L. That is a scary word to say when used in regards to our club.

I was just thinking more in terms of size. Our bench is quite small, otherwise. You're right though, MCK performed well when he was coming off the bench.

Cameron Murray has agreed to a long contract extension with Souths - 2023 or something along those lines (From the horses mouth)

Madge was always about that Power game so I intend to agree regarding Twal going to that next level - A big emphasis was the middle three forwards for Souths so all three of the Burgess twins (A 20 minute stint from Tyrrell also)

I'd be very surprised if Madge went with Elijah Taylor at Lock - I just don't see that as being Madge's style.

I think this pack is likely

8\. Matulino 9\. Farah 10\. Packer 11\. Matterson 12\. Lawrence 13\. Twal

14\. Aloai 15\. Eisenhuth 16\. Taylor 17\. Michael Chee-Kam

McQueen is a real chance at a bench spot but will have to build the confidence needed after his neck issues and get back to that form -He is a real X Factor that really contributed to getting Souths over the line in some games from his time there - If he is fit and firing he'll no doubt be picked.

A few people predicting 2019 team. Everyone has Lawrence and Matterson as 2nd row. Fair enough. But no one has mentioned (remembered) Garner. I thought he looked very promising. Bench spot??

1\. Mbye
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Momirovski
5\. Thompson
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Matulino
9\. Liddle/Farah
10\. Twal
11\. Lawrence
12\. Matterson
13\. Packer (a Maguire type of lock)

14\. Chee Kam
15\. Aloiai
16/17 Eisenhuth/Garner/ McQueen/ Clarke

If Liddle is fit, has a good pre-season and can play 80 minutes play him at 9, otherwise play Farah. Not both.
& we definitely need an actual impact forward (or two) for the bench. Hopefully Maguire can turn Aloiai into one.

@ said:
1\. Mbye
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Momirovski
5\. Thompson
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Matulino
9\. Liddle/Farah
10\. Twal
11\. Lawrence
12\. Matterson

14\. Chee Kam
15\. Aloiai

If Liddle is fit, has a good pre-season and can play 80 minutes play him at 9, otherwise play Farah. Not both.
& we definitely need an actual impact forward (or two) for the bench. Hopefully Maguire can turn Aloiai into one.

I would only imagine Packer in short stints at Lock and basically be Madge's David Tyrrell whom plays in short spurts - It's obvious Russ is a better player but I don't think he an 80 minute lock by any stretch.

If I was a betting man I'm confident Twal will be Lock like Nathan Brown was and Sam Burgess was under Madge's guidance at Souths (He is just that type of, a very high work-rate player)

He did have Cameron Murray stationed at Lock for his last few games at the Rabbitohs but Souths weren't doing well at the time and he moved Sam to Prop which wasn't desirable - So I think Madge definitely prefer strong, physical and preferably athletic type locks.

Matterson to lock imo. Made some good cover tackles in finals for chooks. Also used to be a half so ball playing lock. Haven't seen him much so I don't know about ball playing ability though.
Has anyone seen him pull off a big hit?

@ said:
1\. Mbye
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Momirovski
5\. Thompson
6\. Reynolds
7\. Brooks
8\. Matulino
9\. Liddle/Farah
10\. Twal
11\. Lawrence
12\. Matterson

14\. Chee Kam
15\. Aloiai

Swap twal with packer imo

@ said:
Cameron Murray has agreed to a long contract extension with Souths - 2023 or something along those lines (From the horses mouth)

Madge was always about that Power game so I intend to agree regarding Twal going to that next level - A big emphasis was the middle three forwards for Souths so all three of the Burgess twins (A 20 minute stint from Tyrrell also)

I'd be very surprised if Madge went with Elijah Taylor at Lock - I just don't see that as being Madge's style.

I think this pack is likely

8\. Matulino 9\. Farah 10\. Packer 11\. Matterson 12\. Lawrence 13\. Twal

14\. Aloai 15\. Eisenhuth 16\. Taylor 17\. Michael Chee-Kam

McQueen is a real chance at a bench spot but will have to build the confidence needed after his neck issues and get back to that form -He is a real X Factor that really contributed to getting Souths over the line in some games from his time there - If he is fit and firing he'll no doubt be picked.

Would be great to see McQueen get back to his best. Can't see it happening though in reality, serious neck injuries would be nearly impossible to overcome completely. Neck problems forced the early retirements of Joey Johns and Tallis, and come to think of it has Kyle Turner from Souths retired? Can't recall seeing him at all this season. He had well-known, ongoing problems with his neck as well.
From memory the only bloke in the last few decades that has had serious neck problems yet was still able to play near his best was Brent Tate. Maybe we need to fit out McQueen with an ironing-board thing up the back of his jersey ala Tate.

Tapping Benji, Taylor, McQueen, Rochow and even Farah would win my respect.

If he thinks they arent part of the solution why waste time on them.

@ said:
Tapping Benji, Taylor, McQueen, Rochow and even Farah would win my respect.

If he thinks they arent part of the solution why waste time on them.

Can't argue with that

1\. Mbye
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Marsters
4\. Momirovski
5\. Thompson
6\. Reynolds (back to the Dogs)/(to the Tigers)Johnson
7\. Brooks
8\. Matulino
9\. Liddle/Farah
10\. Packer
11\. Lawrence